AJ Styles hates gamers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Ok maybe he as a person doesn't.... but in the sacrifice ppv commercial he makes some rather IDIOTIC remarks towards gamers.

"I am not a character in a video game. There's not a button to make me jump higher. No reset switch that heals my wounds. You can't control me."

Why would TNA make Styles say things like that? Do they honestly think that all gamers are dumb enough to think that stuff from games applies to real life? That commercial SEVERELY ticked me off.

Don't get me wrong, I like TNA as well as Styles, but seriously?

Gamers are NOT stupid, don't treat us like we are. In fact, many of us are above average. I for one am a 23 year old college student who is involved in multiple organizations on campus, am in the process of creating my OWN game (an RPG called "Division Blade"), also still maintaining a social life, and passing my classes with C's or higher on top of all of that.... I am a far cry from being dumb enough to think any of the things that the commercial IMPLIES that all gamers seem to think. We are MUCH smarter than that, far too intelligent to think anything that the commercial made us out to look like.

Any other gamers out there feel insulted by that commercial?

Anyone else think it's idiotic?

What are yalls thoughts?

I for one, hate this commercial and mute the tv if it comes on.

_

Not too mention that one of TNA's most pushed wrestlers recently literally IS a video game character...

TNA's writers to some dumb things, like just after the Main Event Mafia storyline started, Jay Lethal cut a backstage promo saying people need to forget about the older guys, yet he conducted this interview while dressed as "Macho Man" Randy Savage...

Not too mention that one of TNA's most pushed wrestlers recently literally IS a video game character...

Ok yes Suicide is supposed to litterally be from the tna game, if they are going for a possible match between styles and suicide then that would be interesting....

My main point though was that there are lots of gamers out there like me who DETEST it when people point out that reality and games are not the same thing. Come on, you think we don't know that? We're not stupid.

_

Wtf?

Seriously? So you say that AJ Styles's speech on that commercial is about how dumb gamers are?
Let's face it, if you don't get what the commercial is about, yeah, you're dumb.

He isn't bashing gamers at all, I guess TNA shouldn't have made this commercial because there will always be guys like you that wont understand it... and the best part is being offended with it.

The commercial is about how Wrestling is "real", they do all the tricks by themselves, they aren't characters in videogames in the way that they after match wont suffer anything after what they have done.

It's all about the "Sacrifice" that everyone in wrestling does to put a show every single day of the year, so yes, its a good way to promote a Pay-Per-View called "Sacrifice"...

I think you're making too much out of it. I doubt AJ hates gamers considering he is one. Hell, I was reading an issue of Game Informer and saw a little thing on AJ listing his top five favorite video games.

The commericial was just a strange way to make AJ look badass. You might be a bit too sensative if it offends you.

Seriously? You think this is about how stereotypical gamers are "stupid because they think everything in the games are real?" This has nothing to do with gamers, it's just a promo saying he cannot be controled, like you control a video game character. Styles is his own man.

Although you might be in touch with reality (which is great I'm glad you can accomplish all those things that you do and still play video games), there are people who are not. They become so intwined with their games that they believe that real life isn't actual reality, just something you must go through to "recharge" or somethin along those lines.

And before you make any comments about how I don't know what it's like or I'm "prejudiced against gamers" or somethinn like that, I PLAY VIDEO GAMES. As a matter of fact, when I'm not working, at class, partyin, studyin, or fishin... I play world of warcraft, call of duty, halo, etc.

wow....ok talk about taking a commerical too seriously.

like how others have stated before me....if you really believe that tna is trying say gamers are stupid, but you're 23 years old, if you were 15 i'd understand why you'd be so upset.

all the commerical is, is a promotion for the next pay per view, that's it. nothing more, nothing less.

I think this commercial was taken far too seriously and far too looked into trying to grasp at straws to log on to an internet forum to find something to bitch about. Loosen up, enjoy the little jabs at Suicide, and just watch the damn product. There's no point in getting worked up over nothing.

The Whole Promo is based on gears of war, the promo is there to help introduce TNAS next ppv, the fact that youve taken it to another level shows how much you understand why TNA has styles kitted out like that, they are basically attempting to make a statement that defines TNA as reality and that they are not in kayfab just a video game.

ha wow you are over analyzing that WAY too much and making it something it isnt. he was in no way dissing gamers at all.

The commercial was pretty straight forward. It was about the work wrestlers put into wrestling. Talking about "there's no button to make me jump higher" and all of that was simply stating that everything they do is from themselves 100%, whether they win or lose. They push themselves to extremes. It's very likely that the reason AJ is even dressed like that and did a "game' promo is because he is so into games.

Not only is AJ one of the biggest gamers in the world, just about 1/2 if not more of the TNA locker room are quote unquote gamers.

If you think it was a knock or a cheap shot you're either completely misinterpreting it or just making stuff up.

if you take the commercial to mean that styles is calling gamers dumb, then... hes just hyping the product saying its more real than a game can ever be

Lol! It's cool, I'm a gamer and I hate AJ Styles. I thought this post was about how AJ found out about all the negative stuff I say about him, and was gonna beef with me. ^_^

Honestly though, SOME could take it as offensive,but I don't think it was meant that way.
Didn't he do some mocap for the TNA game?

He was comparing himself to characters in the Gears of War. He is human and after all of the incredible matches he has had he was reminding us that he is still human.

Moderator Note: Too much flaming and spamming in this thread. Calling the threadstarter, or anyone else, names will not be allowed. Making statements without providing a reason for what you believe is not allowed.

Please carry on appropriately.

Not a big deal at all its simple he doesnt want fans to think he bases his life on video game characters. TnA probably asked him to do so, i dont see a big deal in it, its not going to hurt him in anyway, games other than wrestling fan gamers dont care wat some wrestler thinks of video games and real life..

Lol i actually played a.j style on xbox 360, he was super nice, he whooped my ass lolo, he didnt even use himself he used christian cage, i kid you not

i think this entire thread is hilarious. you know what? so what if he did mean to insult gamers!! are you gonna get off of the couch and do something about it? lol.
i personally enjoyed the promo. he doesnt alwasy deliver in that department and i think hes shown some much needed improvement. if you guys wanna take it so personally, just grow up!!

i think this entire thread is hilarious. you know what? so what if he did mean to insult gamers!! are you gonna get off of the couch and do something about it? lol.
i personally enjoyed the promo. he doesnt alwasy deliver in that department and i think hes shown some much needed improvement. if you guys wanna take it so personally, just grow up!!

This was exactly my point. It was a good promo, and people that took it seriously should probably reevaluate themselves.

All I did was ask a simple question or two, wondering if anyone else was bothered by the "I am not a video game character" comments from the commercial. I really dislike this commercial, it seems none of the rest of yall are bothered by it, so my question has been answered.

I'm not mad at Styles, I just didn't like the commercial. Then I was curious if anyone else on here might also dislike it (whether that be for my reasons or a different one).... OK?

That's all I wanted to know.

_

rofl why chuck a hissy fit over nuthin (Dagger DIAS) even tho i hate TNA, the add wasnt that bad besides the fact the AJ sounds like a hick, but besides that point he isnt saying anything agianst gamers he is just simply implying that wrestling is not a game you dont controll a machine you control your own outcome that you cant restart after loosing because theres no reset button,

god take a chill pill ay, and actully most gamers do take gaming as srs as there real life

I don't think the promo was meant to be an insult to gamers at all. He was just saying that he's real, he's responsible for his own decisions, he has nobody to blame for his failures, and nobody to thank for his successes.

TNA might make some stupid decisions, but they push the hell out of their video games, and they just released a new game for the iphone/itouch, and have a champion who is based on a video game character. They aren't going to alienate a group that they rely on to give them money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back