AF15: Constantine vs Darren Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

a0161613

WZCW's Mr Excitement
In another mentor vs. mentee match, Darren Bull will be looking to blow off some steam on the not-so-very-present mentor Constantine who has been fading in and out of the company in recent weeks. This is a huge match for Bull who has the opportunity to beat the current KFAD holder and rise above being one of the top 5 worst wrestlers of all time.

Deadline is 11:59pm Central Time, Wednesday 24th October. Extensions as per thread.

You're already too late. They know you're coming, the element of surprise is gone...

Constantine wakes with a smattering of sweat across his forehead. He runs one hand across the sweaty surface and inspects it before shaking his head.

Constantine: This can't go on.

He pulls his blanket away from his body and swings his feet out of the bed. Shaking his head, he plants his feet on the floor before letting out a yawn. As stands up for a second until searing pain takes him back down to a seated position. The Power Trip lets out a yell of discomfort as shooting pains continue to blast their way up his leg from his damaged ankle. He looks down as the bruised and swollen appendage. Gritting his teeth somewhat, he braces himself for more pain as he finally gets to his feet.

You're a hack! You always have been and you always will be. You're nothing!

Constantine puts one hand to the side of his head as thought rush through his mind, his facial expression indicating that this is not the first time that his thoughts had caused him concern. However, after a moment, the feeling passes and Constantine continues out his room and into the cold hallway.

DJ: Welcome back to WrestleTalk with me Paul Connor, your number one stop for all wrestling related talk. Tonight, as we promised you on Sunday night, we have the current King For A Day contract holder... John Constantine!

There is a smattering of applause as Constantine utters his first words into the microphone.

Constantine: It's good to be here, Paul.

Connor: Well, it's good to see you too, Trip. Last time you were here you were just heading into the King For A Day contract match at Kingdom Come. Let me be the first to say congratulations on that achievement.

Constantine lets out a shy laugh before nodding his head in appreciation.

Constantine: It's a little belated but thanks.

Connor: Since then, if you'll allow me to be perfectly honest, you've sort of been lost in the shuffle. That is until Apocalypse. Finally, a title match for Matt Tastic and the Power Trip and you were sabotaged. Tell me, how's that ankle holding up?

Constantine: You know, it's getting there now. Obviously I wasn't up to much at Apocalypse after the beating but I gave it everything I had.

Sensing his opportunity, Connor jumps back in.

Connor: Yeah, coming back from a savage attack to even compete in the match is pretty hardcore. Naturally though, you'll be disappointed that you couldn't come away with the victory?

You'll never win gold! You're washed up! You don't have what it takes!

Constantine shoots back in his chair, his head throbbing with intense pain and a look of sheer pain etched across his features. He puts both hands to his head in attempt to dull the pain but relief is not forthcoming whatsoever.

Connor: Jesus!

After a moment, Constantine’s eyes open, the pain seemingly beginning to subside somewhat. He takes his hands away from his skull and sits in silence.

Connor: You okay, Trip?

Constantine takes his time answering but after a moment, words begin to escape Constantine's mouth.

Constantine: Fine... I'm fine... Thanks. What was the question?

Connor looks as Constantine, his mouth ajar and his eyes wide in sheer shock. There is complete silence in the studio as the static from the microphone continues to put softly in the background. Constantine finally settles in his chair, his eyes red from rubbing them and his hair a mess. The illusion of his perfection; shattered.

Connor: You sure you want to go on?

Constantine: Yeah, I've just not been myself recently.

Connor: You're telling me?! Damn, that frightened the hell out of me, man.

Constantine allows a slight s****** to emerge.

Constantine: Sorry about that.

Connor: Hey, moving on. This week on Aftershock, you'll be facing up against your mentor in Darren Bull. Bull may not be the most competitive of opponents but everyone seems to think that you're easy pickings right now. Any chance of a shock result there?

Constantine continues his s******, louder as it continues.

Constantine: Listen, in everything, you have to believe that you have what it takes to overcome whatever is put in front of you. No one believed for a second that I would win the King For A Day briefcase at Kingdom Come. But going into the match, I honestly had the ultimate belief that I had what it takes. That I could leave the match with the win and that's what transpired in the end. Darren Bull needs to have that same belief. The task that befell me at Kingdom Come is what awaits him now. Insurmountable odds and a small chance of victory is what he is facing.

Connor: So you're saying that he has no chance?

Constantine leans back in his chair, quietly pondering his words for a moment.

Constantine: When you step in the ring, anything can happen. Darren Bull could make a name for himself at any point in time, I honestly believe that. But he will not make his name from a win over John Constantine. Bull has all the ability in the world but he does not have the quality to beat someone like me. Someone who knows every corner of the WZCW ring. Someone who can put a beating on you that you would never believe. I don't want to hurt Darren Bull but it's time, once again, for John Constantine to look after himself. For me to put some momentum together and to put my name back amongst the big dogs. If I need to go through Darren Bull to achieve that, then so be it.

Connor: Speaking of getting your name out there, Trip. We seen your music played at the end of Apocalypse last week and, like many other people, we thought that briefcase was going to be cashed in. Can you give us some more information about that?

Constantine scratches his head for a moment, not entirely sure of what he might say.

Constantine: The great thing about this briefcase, is that you have the element of surprise. I've been waiting since Kingdom Come to cash this bad boy in and all of that would be lost if I gave anyone a clue as to when I might allow this case to leave my hands. What I will say is that Apocalypse had nothing to do with me. I had no intention of cashing this case in at a nothing PPV like Apocalypse... Especially when I can hold onto this and finally main event Kingdom Come, like I should be. My time will come, Paul. As and when that will happen, you'll just have to wait and see.

Connor: Well, that about wraps things up from WrestleTalk, folks. And with a lovely little sound bite to finish too. I've been Paul Connor sending a big thanks to John Constantine for his time. Join us next week when we examine the fall out of WZCW's latest round of shows. Good night, everyone!

The scene starts off in a local Walmart store in Detroit, Michigan. Inside the shopping store are people of all ages walking around or in a rush. Everyone seems to have an idea of what they are doing. However, there is one special person in the Walmart who seems to buying some interesting stuff. He is John Constantine's mentor; Darren Bull. While on the cart, he takes a short list of items he is looking for.

Darren Bull: Okay, I got that. What else do I need? That's right I need my NEW-----

Just then WZCW's very own interviewer Leon Kensworth. Who is also buying some groceries.

Just great I can't even escape from work one day.

Glad to se you as well?

Oh, everything was fine until I saw you. What the hell are you even doing here, Leon?

Well, you see my mother leaves here and I came over cause she was feeling a bit ill. How about you?

You know what? I don't want to just stay here out of random and do nothing, but talk. Just follow me while we can et our shopping done.

Fine.

The two men begin to walk side by side while doing their shopping.

You haven't answered my question. Why have you come to this Walmart?

If you must know, I need to pick up some food supplies that are needed at my house.

Aww. I see. Is that all your getting?

Actually, no. There is something I specifically came out to get. I actually need it before AF starts.

Just then Leon stops at the frozen section.

Well, this is where we part ways. Hope to see whatever you have in stored this up coming week at Aftershock.

Let's just say it's a real eye-opener into my mind.

Darren Bull then begins to leave Kensworth behind. He once more examines his list of groceries and just keeps on smiling with a devilish smile as we go to black.:devil:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We reopen the scene at this week's Aftershock. People are starting to get into the arena. The announcers are setting up their stuff. Everything seems to be going as usual until the he hear something. It's seems to be Darren Bull's music. He comes out and can be seen with the recent WZCW Magazine and megaphone. The people in the crowd don't know how to respond to this unannounced appearance. Darren has a half smile and half disappointment look on his face. However, that doesn't stop him from walking in a ridiculous and funny way to the ring. Once in the ring Darren sits down in an indian style.

Can I have all of your miserable, pathetic, worthless attention, please?

The crowd doesn't seem to like the way Darren is speaking to them. They immediately begin to boo him.

If some of you don't know who I am, my name is Darren Bull. I am one of the rookies in this worthless piece of garbage "they" like to call The Mentorship Program. Now, all of you want to know why you don't even know who I am? That's because I am hardly promoted. Hell, I'm not even promoted on Aftershock. Aftershock, really? I'm the top star in this show. Yet the business people in the program rather promote the pros, because that's good for ratings. Let me tell you what's good for the future of this business and that's us the rookies in this ridiculous competition. However, we the "rookies" and I'm using that word lightly, are treated like third-rate citizens. But, of course we have to take shit we are thrown by our mentor's and how are supposed to react to their abuse, that's right with a smile on our face. Well, I say enough is enough! I won't take bullshit from this corporate jackasses.

Funny thing is I'm talking about corporate jackasses and I probably have the biggest one as my mentor. Nah, I do have the biggest one as my mentor. And, his name is John Constantine. No, before any of you start cheering for him let me tell you a story about. This is the guy who is well-known politician. And just like any politician he likes to win. Failure is not an option to him. No matter what the situation is he must win it or else he will feel like an embarrassment. So, you know what he told me to do? He told me to take a dive tonight. Take one for the team. He told me to show him that I can play with backstage politics. Well, I don't play like that. If I'm going to make it in here then I want to make on my own. So, I don't see the point of having Constantine as my mentor when he is barely here half the time. Which means tonight I will not back down to Constantine's tricks cause it ain't Halloween yet. The only to who think it's Halloween all year long are Krypto and S.H.I.T. Tonight I will prove to everyone that I can hang with the "best".

Now, moving onto the second thing in my agenda. You see in my left hand I hold the most recent WZCW Magazine. This is a special magazine that I would like to cherish forever. Cause it has a special article in here about the "Worst Wrestlers In WZCW History". Or, so all you people think that. Cause, it had to be an open poll for all the WZCW fans to vote on. I'm happy to see how you all feel about my wrestling skills. When you all in the other hand can't wrestle for shit. I can out perform all of you. No matter where or how. I can easily out shine all of you in this ring. I like to see on of you try and wrestle in this ring against anyone in the roster. Hell, Doug Crashing can run circles around all of you. But, what do I know I just suck.

After a moment of silence the crowd begin to boo Darren Bull.

Thank you all for your "un"valuable time.

Instead of going through the ramp, Darren Bull decides to head to the back through the back. While everything fades into black we can see Bull being flicked off and booed at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back