AF 2: Jack O' Lantern vs. Triple X

Status
Not open for further replies.
An empty beach. It's a sunny day, the waves are rolling across the perfect golden sand. One lone man, in jeans, a black T-shirt and sunglasses, sits feet away from the waves. Triple X. He removes the glasses, and takes the necklace from around his neck. The black cord and silver pendant; the one remnant of the past he had left behind. He dangles it between his fingertips, as his dark blue eyes gaze across the calm ocean.

X: So this is it. My big chance. Never thought I'd actually make it here. Still can't believe it. (He looks at the necklace, holding it up into the sunlight) All this time, wrestling in Japan, England, Mexico...all the time wrecking my body...I always said it'd be worth it if I made it to here. WZCW. It really doesn't get much bigger than that.

He kicks back and lays in the sand; the necklace gripped tightly in his grasp.

X: Can I really be the best? Can I go there and beat top-class athletes? Some of the best in this industry have laced their boots up where I'm heading? Do I really have the right to stand toe-to-toe with them...can I beat them?

He raises his hand and gazes at the necklace again. A wide, excited, almost arrogant smile spreads across his face, as he sits back up, almost like an excited kid on Christmas morning.

X: You're damn right I can! I'm not the best; I'm on my way to being the best. I've held titles, beaten giants, overcome obstacles, kicked, scratched, crawled my way to where I am today, from the point of the abyss. I don't need sympathy. I don't want it. I wanna be the best damn wrestler in the world, that's what I want. Hell, I've proven that I'm ready to take the whole damn world on. Japan, done. Mexico, done. Europe, done. It's time I took this place by storm. And I'm not one for backseat driving, oh no. I'm here to drive my way to the very top, and I'm not stoppin' for no-one.

He stands up, kisses the necklace and puts it back on, then walks to the edge of the waves, the water rippling up to the tips of his bare feet. The night is fast approaching, as an orange glow is cast across the sky from the soon-to-be-setting sun.

X: It's on, Jack O'Lantern. I dunno who you are. But you're the guy who's in my way, and that's the last guy you wanna be, son. You and I are gonna make history, Jack. You're the guy who's gonna kickstart my legacy. You're not just my first match...

He turns from the sea, and, hands in pockets, heads to the path leading back to civilization.

X:...You're my first step.

The camera comes alive, recording what appears to be a hotel room. Triple X, in a hooded sweatshirt, hood up, sits on the chair that is the focal point of the video. It is dark in the room; only a desk lamp allows us to see the shadowy figure now in the chair before us. The camera's timestamp says it is 4:25am, backed-up by the exhausted looking X.

I figured that, as I can't sleep, I might as well do something creative. I bought this camera ages ago; I used it to document my time in Japan and Mexico. Figured that if I make it into WZCW I'd keep some sort of 'diary'. So consider this the first entry.

He leans back into the chair and rubs his face; he is clearly tired but clearly troubled, with a lot on his mind.

So, the big day fast approaches. My first match in WZCW. Am I excited? You bet your ass I am. Am I terrified? (laughs) Well, you bet your ass I'm that, too. This is the biggest opportunity I have ever got, and if you'd have told me seven or eight years ago that this is what I'd be doing with my life...nah. Sorry pal, you've got the wrong guy. That's what I'd be saying. You want a definition of dream-jobs? This is it, right here. (He looks down for a second, reflecting on his own words)

It's funny, actually. Seven years ago, this would have been the last thing on my mind. I wouldn't have even thought this was possible. Then again, to be honest, I'd probably be too stoned, or too drunk, to care. Back then I was just another waster; a guy who blamed society for his failings because he was too dependant on substances to accept his own. And I lost everything. Let that sink in for a second. EVERYTHING. My friends abandoned me, my family rejected me, and my girlfriend- (X stops, and looks away. He is clearly holding back a lot of emotion, but refuses to let it get to him) -I lost a lot, okay. And I could have remained in that hole, and dug deeper, and deeper, hoping someone would save me, but I didn't. I woke up, clawed my way out and decided to do something about my life. With my life. Fast-forward a few years and here I am, in a hotel room, at half 4 in the morning.
He takes the hood down, and leans forward into the camera; strands of his dyed-red and black hair dangle in front of his face.

Jack O'Lantern. you may or may not watch this. Either way is fine with me. But if you do, I want you to listen to me loud and clear. I watched your match on Aftershock, and read your profile. You're good. Sick, derranged and generally insane, but good. I'm looking forward to getting into the ring with you, because as sick and derranged as you are... (a smirk crosses his face) I'm just as bad, Jack. I'm not afraid of tapping into my darkside, and if you push me, you'll know the definition of someone 'snapping'. That being said, I don't wanna hurt you. Jack. I have no problem with you. I'll do enough to get the job done, and that'll be plenty. But you are in my way, Jack. That's a place you don't wanna be. Because I'm only going in one direction, and that's forward. You stand in my way, I'm going through you. X gets up, picks up the camera, walks over to the window, and holds the camera about head-height. Here we see X's piercing blue eyes, illuminated by the near-by lamp.

I'm not gonna say I'm here for one reason only. That would be wrong. I'm here for a number of them. Like many guys in this company; guys like Big Dave, guys like Ty Burna, guys like Titus, Everest, Reynolds, Cougar, even you, Jack; the list goes on. I want to be the best. Why else would I be here? But there's something you need to know about me. I climb the ropes, I dive from high places, I do stupid stuff and risk my life for two reasons. 1: because I love it. 2: Because the fans want to see it. I will go out every night and do something stupid so they have a good time and go home happy. That's what I'm all about. And for me, there's no better reason. I guess what I'm trying to say is...

He sweeps his hair back with his free hand, and stares directly into the camera; a cold, almost deadly stare that has yet to be seen from Triple X.

I am an addict. And this is now my addiction. And Jack (his stare suddenly turns into a sinister smile) I will not be denied.

The camera shuts off, leaving all of those watching with black screens. X places the camera down, and sits on the edge of his bed. He touches the pendant he wears religiously around his neck. The bad dreams, the recollections of his past that have haunted him for what seems like forever have never been as strong as they have recently. Stress, nervousness, over-thinking, there could be a million and one causes. But X knows that each one is an obstacle he has already overcome, and each one has now become fuel that drives him in the ring.

I will not be denied, huh? He mutters, as he climbs back into bed.

You're god-damn right I won't.

The screen fills up with static and white noise. Have we lost connection?! Wait... Listen carefully and you can hear the faint hummings of a melody. A tune that wraps itself around your helpless body and stabs you in the back when you least expect it.

The static starts to clear and out of the blurred darkness appears an outline of a figure. A man perhaps, crouching down in what could be the corner of a lockeroom.

As the static all but vanishes we realise that we are staring down the lense into what looks like some sort of cemetery and the figure is that of the bringer of misery himself, The Halloween Pain Machine, Jack O'Lantern.

Jack - Last week I came out of the darkness and showed all of you consumed by light that I Jack O'Lantern am not phased or bothered by victories or pin falls. My destiny is not that of faux gold, props and praise. Rather it be that of pain, suffering and remorse. Win or lose, we are all on a losing streak and when the day comes when he who I search for is bought to justice you will all realise that the temporary comfort, pride and hope you feel is nothing compared to the sorrow, regret and darkness your hearts will occupy. Once I get my revenge on he, my era of misery will begin and light and dark will join together and consume all of you one by one.

I am not naive enough to expect any one of you to understand these ramblings at this moment in time which is why for the time being I will play cat and mouse with anybody who steps in my way. For now lets call it...fun. Brutality, blood and pain is what I will bring from the darkest parts of my heart and I expect the same in return. Make me bleed, make me feel, get to me before I get to you because win or lose I promise you will never be the same.

The faint sounds of footsteps in the background start to grow louder and louder

Jack - You came?! You are a lot braver than most. It's a pity you have so much trust in an untrustworthy society.

The footsteps belonged to Becky who is here at Jacks request to conduct and interview

Becky - I thought last weeks interview was held in a strange environment but this, this is just wrong Jack. Before we get a few words on your upcoming match with Triple X I want to know something Jack. What are you really about? Do you really expect people to buy your hocus pocus in the year 2011? Who is this person you keep speaking of and what revenge are you....

Jack - I don't need to explain myself to you or anybody else. You will each find out individually what I am about. I don't expect anything from anybody and as for hocus pocus... This is not fantasy, the misery and hurt I bring is very, very real. The blood that will flow will not be a metaphor, it will be the blood of every member in WZCW who gets in my way. As for "he who I seek" he knows who he is and one day very soon so will you all. I will strike down upon his pitiful being and disfigure him beyond any repair.

Becky - Now your match with Triple X, last week we saw a brutal confrontation in your debut match will the same be expected this week?

Jack - Triple X is as anybody who I face along the road of misery will be. Just another toy, another piece in a game with no instructions. I will make up the rules then I will break them. I will also break Triple X's face if I decide that is what it will take to leave an everlasting impression then so be it. For you all the future is dark, the future is miserable, and for Triple X... well you are about to live out your nightmare before Christmas.

Becky - Jack I could not help but notice during your match last week you gave me an extremely unnerving stare, is there a reason you requested me over anybody else to conduct this interview?

Jack turns his back on Becky and walks up to a tombstone. The stone is surrounded by miniature lit pumpkins. Jack takes his hand and in what looks like blood, writes something on the tomb. The camera zooms in on the gravestone and the words become clear...

Here lies
Triple X
Happy Halloween

The cameras takes us back into the studio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back