Adam Pearce and Magno to Appear on Gut Check

Gut Check is a joke now. they should just stop it and make it go away. what's the point really? even when someone gets a contract, they go to OVW? I have an idea, just sign them to OVW anyway and quit wasting time on TV with these wrestlers most of your audience has never heard of. at least when it was Gut Check vs someone from TNA the fans got to see someone they know.

now these 2 wrestlers. Adam Pearce wins the match. tough shit Pearce, Magno advances to the voting. so winning the match doesn't really matter I guess. I was assuming at that point that that meant Magno was going to get the TNA contract. okay fine, that could work, he could be used in the X division if they decide to go that way, or just send him to OVW like most of the other Gut Check contract winners. nope, he gets 2 no votes and no contract.

so what was the point of this whole Gut Check?

I'm really surprised Adam Pierce did not get through, I think he has what it takes to really leave a mark on TNA, I have a feeling he'll show up in the near future as he should, if not I think TNA missed their chance on another great talent. Magno has a good look and is incredibly agile for a big man I hope they take him on in OVW and continue to work with him.

I don't like that the winner doesn't always get through. Neither guy really impressed me, but I thought Pierce should have gotten through just for the win. Add to that Magno didn't even get a yes. Just seemed like a waste of time this time around. I had liked the Gut Check in the past, but it seems like it is losing steam now.

Strange that his name has been brought up a couple of times but the ultimate link has not been made. Jay Bradley has recently won a Gut Check and operates a JBLesque ass kicker heel persona and Adam Pearce has come in with a similar character. Surely the logical way forward is to put these two guys together and see how they progress? That way they don't have to go straight in with either the pressure of facing a Kurt Angle or (worse still) trying to garner heat with a Robbie E.

It's funny after the show, I thought about a way they could use Pearce and since he may come off too bland on his own, I thought a great idea would be to pair him with another guy and I thought about Jay Bradley. Bradley was more volatile and since TNA talked about how Pearce was this 17 years veteran, they could play these roles very well as a tag team with Bradley as this guy that is always "on" and Peace acting as the cooling presence. Like Pretty Wonderful in WCW.

Like I said earlier, neither guy did anything to impress me at all. There just wasn't anything remotely special about them.

If anything, I expect either Pearce himself or both Pearce & Magno will wind up being part of Aces & Eights. I just don't see TNA just simply saying goodbye to someone like Pearce, given his standing on the indy scene over the course of the past decade or so.

HBsam31I don't like that the winner doesn't always get through. Neither guy really impressed me, but I thought Pierce should have gotten through just for the win. Add to that Magno didn't even get a yes. Just seemed like a waste of time this time around. I had liked the Gut Check in the past, but it seems like it is losing steam now.

I like that neither guy made the cut because they didn't deserve a spot on the roster. Why should TNA sign a wrestler just because he won a match against some other jobber on Gut Check? The fact that neither guy got signed keeps it interesting and makes it seem more legit. I also liked that there were two consecutive "no" votes making the third vote unneeded. A great way of TNA saying "you both sucked".

Ric-Flair.jpg

Like I said earlier, neither guy did anything to impress me at all. There just wasn't anything remotely special about them.

If anything, I expect either Pearce himself or both Pearce & Magno will wind up being part of Aces & Eights. I just don't see TNA just simply saying goodbye to someone like Pearce, given his standing on the indy scene over the course of the past decade or so.

And it would be pointless for Pearce to go there just to be humiliated.

I truly get the feeling that the choices to pass over Ivelisse and Pearce for in-ring contract consideration, despite the fact that they won their respective matches, is the starting point of some type of angle.

Then the follow-up question would be- why would they set up an angle involving talent that a majority of the fanbase is unfamiliar with? But, simply considering these last two losers for the time being, one is a talented vet who is an indy icon and the other is a smoking hot chick, so maybe the company trusts their ability to get over if they put together an angle involving them, the same way it trusted Joey Ryan's ability to get over when they built a Gut Check loser angle around him.

After reading the theories of this being an angle in the end, I can say that I hope so. Scrap Iron Adam Pearce is an excellent wrestler and a mega Heel. I have been watching him on CWFH for a very long time. His feuds with Blue Demon Jr. over the NWA Heavyweight Championship is easily the best feud that title has seen in a very long time. Then you also add his feud with Colt Cabana and it's all classic. When he was booking Ring of Honor, you were getting some amazing matches out of that as well. Not to mention some of his other matches here and there have been very good. Guy is solid on the mic as well, and Hell, even though "The Family Stone" isn't the biggest deal in the world, as it's a small Heel group from Hollywood he was a part of, his being in a feud with those guys right now has added credibility to the stable and made all of them look good. Pearce did that because nobody else in the group is really that big of a deal. Just throwing him in the mix really has added to it all. Plus, it seems that TNA has snagged quite a few CWFH wrestlers over the last couple of years. Many of the gut check guys have been from the promotion. Joey Ryan was wrestling there regularly before TNA snagged him. Same with Austin Aeries, whom I know is mostly known as a Ring of Honor guy, but he was wrestling more at CWFH that RoH at the time. Mason Andrews wrestles there regularly as well. Brian Cage, the list goes on and on so I really think they may have something going on with CWFH distancing themselves from the NWA. Having Adam Pearce at TNA would be awesome so you guys who don't know who he is could actually see why he is so regarded in the indy scene.

Oh Lord was I happy when both of them got canned. I don't wanna see Pearce, I don't wanna see Magno. I hope I never see either of them again.

Granted, even if they both got hired we'd still never see them.

'Member Alex Silva? He was a thing once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back