Abraham Washington - Is his wrestling debut near?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baller

WZCW Veteran
After watching ECW, Abraham Washington did a segment with Caylen Corft and Trent Barreta.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G--uPNfzCjc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G--uPNfzCjc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

At about 3:40, Barreta and Croft asked if Abe has ever seen them in the ring, and then Abe responds with have you ever seen me in the ring.

I think Washington is due to get into the ring sometime, as he has to be a wrestler in order to get into the business to begin with. I personally, see him turning on Tony Atlas or Atlas getting tired of hm and leaving the show in which Atlas will face Washington.

So do you think the in-ring debut of the critically acclaimed Abraham Washington is near?

I don't think so. And even if his wrestling debut is near, I don't see him fighting Tony Atlas. Atlas is an old Hof, and Washington is just some guy with a show on ECW. But, back to the point. I just simply don't see Washington with a wrestling debut soon because he's getting known for the Abraham Washington Show. Personally, I see the WWE continuing this show until after Wrestlemania. Then, I see Washington being drafted to SmackDown and then MAYBE getting his wrestling debut. The WWE has big PPVs to worry about, then after 'Mania they focus on smaller stuff.

Posted by the Ultimate Warrior
I don't think so. And even if his wrestling debut is near, I don't see him fighting Tony Atlas. Atlas is an old Hof, and Washington is just some guy with a show on ECW.

So what? Jerry Lawler is an old HOF, he still fights heels just to get them over because it is a cheap way to get heat. A lot of heels have done that as a cheap tactic because we all know they aren't going to lose these old HOF and they beat him up badly.

But, back to the point. I just simply don't see Washington with a wrestling debut soon because he's getting known for the Abraham Washington Show. Personally, I see the WWE continuing this show until after Wrestlemania.

Just because he has a show doesn't mean he can't wrestle. Great feuds have started over talk shows, such as HBK vs Jericho when Jericho shoved HBK into the Highlight Reel Tron. Also he keeps messing with Atlas, I think eventually he has to have had enough with Mr. Washington and just quit the show.

Then, I see Washington being drafted to SmackDown and then MAYBE getting his wrestling debut. The WWE has big PPVs to worry about, then after 'Mania they focus on smaller stuff.

If he gets put onto a new show then starts his wrestling debut, they have been wasting their time. Have him build up some heat as a legit wrestler and then have him get drafted. He needs to start wrestling on ECW, just like Swagger and Yoshi Tatsu and build themselves up before they are placed on the main roster

I think it just might be coming up, but I don't think Washington will turn on Atlas. They are gold together, and I think Atlas may become a manager or tag team partner to Washington. From that segment, it seemed like Washington might have been turning face, as the crowd seemed to get behind him when he defended Atlas.

Atlas and Washington will probably have a match against Croft and Baretta in the near future.

i agree with Doc Blocker. i can easily see Washington and atlas Teaming up together to take on Croft and Baretta. and we'll finally see if Washington is good in ring as he is on the mic

Abraham Washington reminds me a lot of how Simon Dean was packaged. Originally, Simon Dean was supposedly some sponsor of the WWE program, wanting to sell some weight loss powder. Showed up week after week to yell at the crowds and generally be annoying. Then for some reason, decided to turn wrestler. Eventually debuted and did ok against low level jobbers but never really broke out of the persona of a weight loss corporate sponsor so there was nowhere for him to really go with his character. Soon after, was squashed and never really made it out of the lower tier. Eventually vanished from television altogether (although I think that the guy who played him became a developmental trainer or something).

So far, I think that we might be seeing the same thing. Once his show becomes stale (it already has, but you know the WWE's version of stale and the fan's version rarely coincide) he'll debut, and probably win a few, get squashed and then vanish. Unless he can break out of his character and go a different direction once he starts wrestling, I don't think that he has staying power and I predict his path will be the same as Dean's.

I think Washington is due to get into the ring sometime, as he has to be a wrestler in order to get into the business to begin with. I personally, see him turning on Tony Atlas or Atlas getting tired of hm and leaving the show in which Atlas will face Washington.

So do you think the in-ring debut of the critically acclaimed Abraham Washington is near?

Not necessarily, you can get into the business without being a wrestler. What about all the interviewers, managers, and refs? They aren't wrestlers for the most part.

That aside.... I don't think that Abe is going to be getting into the ring anytime soon. I dunno about him turning on Atlas. It could happen but I doubt it. Abe's not going to have a real match anytime soon because his talkshow is an entertaining part of ECW and it is a great opportunity to get time on the mic for the other guys. I see Abe continuing his talk show on Raw/Smackdown or possibly becoming a GM, before he ever wrestles a real match because we already know he is a great talker, if he's not good in the ring then that might take away from his credibility on his talkshow.

If Abe's show ends anytime soon, I don't see him staying in ECW very long. Even if ECW is eventually usurped by a repackaged brand, or if the talent from ECW is distributed between RAW and Smackdown, his gimmick will wear thin very quickly without his talkshow. For me, Abe is destined for FCW once again, and pretty soon.

I think Doc has it down. I believe we will see Abe and Atlas form a team and have a nice mini feud with Baretta and Croft. Speaking of B&C, why would the E change their freaking music. Their music was freaking epic and awesome. Sorry for getting off topic there. But I do believe Abe will debut soon in the ring and form a team with Tony and fight B&C. I don't see him becoming a full time performer, just a guy who competes on occasion.

I DO see Washington being in the RR, well, because everyone is in it. I think there's only a few people that aren't in the RR, and a lot of legends are in it, so why not Washington? I'm just putting my opinion out there. Now that I thought of it, AW's in-ring debut will be the Rumble.

Abraham Washington debuted on the same show as Sheamus. One of them is a world champion, the other one hasn't wrestled yet, his time has firmly come. While I'm not seeing greatness in Abraham Wasington's mic work, far from it, his segments have been entertaining, but he needs to enter the ring if he is to last much longer in the company. Otherwise he will be a highly paid interviewer for no reason. I see him and Atlas in tag team competition in the not too distant future, before he starts to go it alone. I wouldn't be suprised if he is grossly underwhelming in the ring, judging by how long they have taken to get him there.

No, I doubt it because his talk show is usually the best part of ECW, and it is what makes ECW different from Smackdown! and RAW. Maybe if he moved to RAW, he could feud with people like MVP, Swagger, Bourne, etc. But I really don't see anything like that happening until after the next draft, which won't come for a few months. I just hope that when he starts wrestling, he keeps his talk show, because it is part of his character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back