A permenant GM for RAW

I would love to see good ol' JR as the GM of Raw. Since his career is slowly coming to an end, I think it would be a nice fit for him to do something new like this. The only problem I'd see with him as GM would be that no one could be really physical with him due to his health issues.

As for other people who I'd like to see, I wouldn't mind Jim Cornette. I believe he's worked for the WWE in the past, and he played the authority role well in TNA. My one last choice would be to take Vickie off of Smackdown and put her on Raw as the GM. It'd be sort of a fresh start for her, and there would be no need for a wrestler to " hook up " with her on that show.

I would love to see good ol' JR as the GM of Raw. Since his career is slowly coming to an end, I think it would be a nice fit for him to do something new like this. The only problem I'd see with him as GM would be that no one could be really physical with him due to his health issues.

As for other people who I'd like to see, I wouldn't mind Jim Cornette. I believe he's worked for the WWE in the past, and he played the authority role well in TNA. My one last choice would be to take Vickie off of Smackdown and put her on Raw as the GM. It'd be sort of a fresh start for her, and there would be no need for a wrestler to " hook up " with her on that show.

Abso-Fuckin-lutely not. Vickie is stale as GM period. It doesn't matter if she is on Smackdown, ECW, or Raw ... her routine as GM is absolutely stale. Her and Teddy Long need to be removed from the GM positions. They would be far better served in actual ringside manager positions as opposed to both of their tired GM roles which offer nothing new.

As I have indicated above, I think Ross being on Raw as the GM is the way to go. Plus, I think he could take an occasion bump if needed. Only the nerves in his face are affected. The rest of his body is fine.

But again, this would be a great way to ensure he doesn't have to talk quite as frequently, such as when he broadcasts a 2 or 3 hour show.

I think a GM role, or even a backstage interviewer role would be a great way to keep a familiar face like him on TV. As an interviewer, we know he won't let Vince get away with the lazy "Can I get your thoughts" interview everyone else does. He has too much pride to go along with that. He could be the new Mean Gene of the interviewers.

But I am in favor of either GM or an interviewer for JR. I think we are all coming to the point where we are beginning to accept that his broadcast career is coming to an end. Now it's just a matter of what to do with him.

Its no surprise to me that as soon as Bret returned to the WWE, that top WWE officials are now openly talking about scrapping the guest host concept and having a "high profile name" as the permanent new GM of Monday Night Raw. Gee, Wonder who that could be? For as much as I cant stand McMahon and think he needs to leave..Vince hasn't gotten to where he is not having some smarts..Vince knows that its only matter of time before he hands the reins off of the company so why not have his real life rival and 1 of his 3 greatest wrestlers of all time (who even after 12 years, got a louder ovation this past Mon than any of Vince's current stars have gotten in years and that includes John Cena) be a long term television face of the company? It probably is why Meltzer was saying few weeks ago that Hunter wasnt happy at all about the Hitman coming back, most likely because he knew that Vince wanted Bret back in a prominent role in his company over the long term even despite all the bad blood between McMahon and Bret.

What about Bret? Didn't he sign a contract until after WM26? Heyman would be nice too. JBL is maybe the most realistic choice. He has some kind of status and he's a really good heel. GM's should have character, not be puppets like Tiffany :banghead:

Agreed, Bret Hart would be a great choice. He grew up in Wrestling and has a lot of creative ideas for matches. But, and here's the "but" Bret has only signed a four month contract with the company. If after his contract is up they can offer him a new one as perment GM and will give Hart creative control in the WWE off screen, plus meet his finanical needs, I can see him staying on. But in the mean time, Temp GM, sounds good to, then Bret can choose someone to take over for him.

Jim Ross is a brilliant idea, and I can't believe I've never thought of it before. The only problem is that while Teddy Long and Tiffany are around, having three face general managers is not the best course of action, as it will lead to similar programming. I've always thought JBL would make a good heel GM, and be very uncompromising, as would Ted DiBiase Sr, who could obviously have angle potential with his son. It's a shame the Cornette ship has sailed with the WWE, as he would have made for an interesting GM, face or heel. The final one I'd like to see is Regal's return. That story never really reached its conclusion, and I think it would be good to see where it was going, but maybe this is something that would be better suited to ECW for the time being.

Jim Cornette as RAW general manager. The man is one of the smartest men in professional wrestling today, and he would be a great general manager for RAW. I like to see him as a heel since he is awesome as a heel.

Jim Cornette is now working with RoH, and has very publicly slammed the WWE since coming onboard. Even if Vince did want to bring him in, I doubt Cornette would be very interested.

I would like the see the GM position hacked off entirely, actually. I realize this will never happen because of the "OMG SHOCKING TWIST MADE BY THE GM OMG" factor that comes into play every once and a while. I had originally believed that Bret was going to be picking up the position, although that all changed after Vince's attack on him. The guest host concept will be continuing into February according to the WWE website (WTF William Shatner?), so I don't see this ending any time soon. Maybe after WrestleMania we'll have some closure to all this chaos.

I personally thought that Million Dollar Man was a terrific guest host. :worship: He was very fair when he could've just given Legacy everything on a platter, but no, he made his son work for a chance. I happen to think he could do wonders for that show. Or even just have a rotating of 2-3 people like Million Dollar Man, Ricky Steamboat, and maybe Stephanie McMahon. Something pretty solid. Have like a Trifecta that could really throw in some interesting angles on story lines. :shrug:

Are you kidding me? There's only one man I want in this role right now, and that's Bret Hart. I know he's only under contract until after Wrestlemania, but him being the Raw GM would really make sense.

It would give him an extra purpose than just feuding with McMahon, and it could add some fire to that feud with Bret maybe going against Vince's wishes on Raw, in an Austin/McMahon type feud that could culminate in the speculated WM match. Maybe we could have a stipulation of Hart losing his GM role on Raw if he loses to Vince. Then Vince screws Bret in the match and beats him, but Bret goes out on top after putting Vince in the Sharpshooter.

Plus we could get more Bret/DX segments and having Bret on WWE TV every week would really help ratings. This wouldn't be a long term thing, but neither was the guest host concept, and the end of the guest host concept is long overdue.

if there are gonna be monday nite wars to start in the near future i think the only personality that can go head to head with eric bischoff is paul heyman!

the man is genius he's controversial he comes up with the best ideas. if vince knows whats best for his company he will bring paul back and let him have more authority with his creative ideas. i loved when paul heyman worked and everything he brought to the table!

A wrestling fans dream land would love to see, Paul Heyman, or Stone Cold back as a permanent GM. But quite frankly Austin would not survive in this new PG ERA, kids shouldnt know what the middle finger and a steve-wiser is right ?

An obvious choice would be the hitman. He is there already. And would be a fan favorite. I Guarantee he would get ratings.

The new Raw GM should be CM Punk. Bring the Straightedge Society to run Raw. Really.

OK, yes, I'm joking.

I honestly think that the WWE instead of having a GM on Raw, they should go back to the "Board of Directors" and have Raw run like it's a real company. Then, they could install just about anyone as a "spokesperson" for the Board of Directors (Larry Z back in TNA was an example of this, and later on, Jim Cornette). This way, you don't have a GM that will grow stale (I'm looking at you Teddy Long, there's only so many times you can over emphasize "Tha Undataker"). The best thing about it, the on air figurehead would truly just be that, a figurehead. Not someone that WWE creative has to figure out a way to make them believable in a position of power (see......Jonathan Coachman as Vince McMahon's "Executive Assistant").

I think it should be Arn Anderson..

He never got a decent sendoff like most other stars due to injury which would keep him out of the ring. If orton and his gang gave anderson trouble it would allow him to reform the Horseman for one last run...

Bret Hart would be an excellent GM for Raw. He'd bring experience and know how to help the young kids in the back up the ranks in the WWE. His presence alone would make the show a lot more interesting. Seeing him on t.v and confronting the likes of The Miz, Orton, Legacy or even starring down HBK again, Triple H and Cena would just be a sight to see. If this were to happen, it'd be a huge boost for Raw.

I would love a Wrestler like HBK taking it, but not so sure..I can see HHH becoming the GM when he Retires- hopefully not no time soon.

JR would be pretty funny or Jerry Lawler. Someone with Wrestling Knowledge.

After reading some of these replies, I've gotta say that the two guys I like the most are Jim Ross and JBL. They both have amazing mic skills, great on-screen personalities, and either of these guys as a general manager would be a great addition to RAW, especially with the fact that Smackdown really is the A show right now and we all know WWE used to be built around Monday Night Raw's success.

The guest host gimmick has gone on more than long enough (two guys from Psych hosting this week, WTFF???!!) and WWE needs to have a general manager back on RAW A.S.A.P. I'd rather it be JBL than Jim Ross, seeing as I've always wanted Jim Ross to return to his announcer position on Raw with King, as Michael Cole sucks dick, but he could also be a good general manager, like I said before

It's not that there will be a permanent GM since they're always switching (I think Teddy is the longest thus far next to Bischoff) but I think it's a matter of how it'll affect the show. Personally out of every 'star' you can think of I wouldn't be surprised if JR ends up taking the role since he really can't talk on the mic much though he would still be on the show in a limited way.

Didn't Mick Foley just get fired? Just kidding, he's still in Tits & ass. No, I would like to see someone, shocking. Someone electrifying, actually. Finally, Tekkno Jonnie has come to this thread to announce his pick as (drumroll please) The brahma bull, the great one, Bret hart. thought I was gonna say someone else? No, Rock isn't coming back people, he's like 2pac, he's gone, and as much as you want to believe he's still around or he's coming back, he isn't. Bret Hart is signed. There isn't a more obvious choice here. JR is better off announcing. Send Striker's annoying ass back to ECW, and put JR in his place. Shit, Byron Saxton can be a backstage interviewer. Put Hart as GM. Only good things can happen.

JR, JBL and Bret Hart are all great contenders for the GM spot, exspesially if they are given powers that VKM cannot overrule (at least on tv). The best GM so far was the unlikely choice of Bishoff, that period brought some good dynamics to the mix. Jessie Ventura would be a good pick as well for GM as he stood up to VKM really good a few weeks back. If you wanted a good face to combat VKM there is always Ricky Steamboat in the wings. If he had lived, I would have loved to see the perfect on Kurt Henning in the position. The temp guest GM probibly still has some air left in the tires and will continue into the summer. Personally I would love to see Shane come back to the WWE and do the role , he was both liked and respected by the wrestlers and the whole Steph/ Shane power struggle never played out to it's fullest potential. Whoever gets the position , lets just hope it's someone who knows wrestling and brings more to the table than "Excuse Me!"

It would be interesting to see CM pUNk as the GM for Raw because at the same time he could be a wrestler and give himself title matches and shave peoples heads if they do not obey them. By this time, the SES would have many members and could rule the WWE and Vince!

I personally think the coolest thing would be to have Stephanie McMahon, and two other persons run Raw as a new billion dollar brat corporation. The possibilies of having 3 co-GM's lead to many new intricate stories. ;) I can see 2 vs 1 on who a #1 contender should be. Or the thought of Maybe Stephanie, JBL, and someone like mmm..maybe...Million Dollar Man. I just see tons of possibilites!!! LOVE IT!!

JR is a pretty good choice, as he needs to stay in the business some how, and a GM role would allow him to stay in without having the full schedule. He could easily tape segments ahead of time and make occasional live appearances etc. I think that would be cool, but announcing is his life and legacy, and if i he isn't announcing, i don't see him doing any on screen role.

My choice is JBL. WWE needs a heel GM to balance the faces on Smackdown and ECW in Tiffany and Teddy, plus, i just miss JBL so much. He was probably the best heel of the decade, and he could work the mic like no one's business. He would be perfect in an authority role, hell, he's always looked like an authority figure, and acted like one. I think the guest host thing is dying off slowly, and JBL could be brought in as a guest host, and then pull an angle where he uses his power to end the guest host concept and make himself the permanent GM. He could even occasionally wrestle from time to time if need be. He'd be the perfect choice in my opinion.

Who should be Raw's new GM? Here are my nominations.

1) Bret Hart - Sure his contract is up after WM but one of the reasons he came back is cuz his gf is attending college so he has some free time on his hands. The 4 month contract could be just a "test drive" type of scenerio seeing if Hart still has the desire and heart for the buisness. Hell as far as I know, WWE hasn't announced any special guests past Stone Cold's appearance in March. We know when Stone Cold is on, its bad news for Vince. Why not have it that Stone Cold vouched for Bret to the Board of Directors to be the new GM, it would play into Vince's "Bret is not welcome here" act. Sure Bret is going to be on next week but they could do something along the lines of Bret keeps showing up to Raw uninvited, sitting in the crowd, attacking Vince, and so forth. Stone Cold could help make Bret's return "official" especially since Austin always goes to the Board of Directors or Linda to screw Vince over.

2) Million Dollar Man or JBL- I put these two together cuz they both have that rich snob character which I think would work perfectly as the GM of RAW. No don't redo the pathetic Trump storyline and have them buy RAW but instead they bribed the board to become GM. Of the two personally I would love to see MDM cuz I can just picture him screwing people over, wheter it be in a match, or during mic work, and afterwards he pops on the Tron, laugh is one of a kind laugh, and proclaiming the truth, "Everybody has a price!"

3) Paul Heyman- Words can't even begin to describe the brilliance this guy brings to the table. He is fantastic on the mic and is perhaps one of the greats non wrestling heels in history. Unfortunatly though it is one of those too good to be true scenerios so it won't happen.

Whoever it is I just hope and pray its actually someone who is associated with the businness preferably in ex- superstar. They need a GM cuz I really believe that if done properly the GM character can be a huge asset to the show.

Personally I don't like the Guest host thing. Especially when we see movie stars in matches with wrestlers every week. The only ones that have entertained me so far have been Mike Tyson, Bret Hart and Ted Dibiase to name a few. In terms of who I would like to see step up for the job for me it would be JBL. I never really liked JBL in the ring but I did like some of the promos he did and think he would make a great heel GM.

Well as we all know or knew that the RAW "guest host" concept will be disappering sometime after Wrestlemania 26. With that many people would guess who would be a great full-time GM for the RAW brand, mainly now since it looks like TNA will be going head-to-head with RAW on Monday nights?

My pick...Stone Cold Steve Austin! Why? Because he's not afraid to go against the grain that is competition as we saw in the "original" Monday night wars against his former employer that was WCW. He can re-ignite the attitude era if the WWE ever decides to bring it back??? And Stone Cold's just as big a name (if not bigger) than Hulk Hogan himself! And as we saw at the WWE hall of fame in 2006 in Chicago. Steve Austin isn't intimadated of Hogan either.

It could be buildt as "The greatest wrestling superstar ever" vs. "The greatest wrestling superstar in the WWE"?? Stone Cold needs to be back on WWE TV full-time again in my opinion. I miss him! It would be ratings glore for Vince McMahon. But since Austin's acting schedule is a factor. This may not or never even happen.

But Stone Cold is the elixer for the WWE on Monday nights against TNA if the WWE are looking for a full-time GM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back