A.J. Styles and The TNA Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
On the three hour Super Impact, to which I must say was done perfectly and was a interesting show to watch, the main event match features Kurt Angle challenging AJ Styles for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. The entire match was beautifully done where this could be considered match of the year in TNA, showing the best of both superstars before going into their huge matches at Bound For Glory. The match ended with Kurt Angle holding Styles in the Ankle Lock with the leggrip on the leg and the bell sounded as the match time limit expired.

Now, there are two questions based purely on this scenario that I would like to address:

1) AJ Styles will have a long title reign as TNA Champion.

Since he has won the title, things have been centred around the winning of the championships and the situation with Sting. His first title defense went to the man who held the rematch clause in his contract that ended in a way that allowed AJ to keep his title and showcase his dominance but allowed Kurt to maintain a threat to AJ and showcasing his dominance as well. The next title match will be Sting at BFG which will be a huge test no doubt, but considering that Sting is probably the easiest opponent out of the entire main event scene at the moment... Sting will allow Styles to cleanly go over him and give him the rub.

If this is how the trend starts after BFG, then I predict for Styles to go and defend his title by slowly climbing the ladder of opponents where the tough individuals will get screwed out one way or another from capturing the title of Styles.

2) The wrong main event for the wrong show event

That match between Styles and Kurt was an extraordinary match no doubt. Styles is in the peak of his career and can perform just about anything as well as Kurt still have the ability to hang with the style of AJ. When I compare that with Sting and Styles, I think that the match these two will have might not be as good as the pairing of Kurt/Styles.

I really think that the match between Angle/Styles should have been named for the PPV and have the match between Sting/Styles at the three hour impact. But, this would then create a problem where both Morgan and Sting would have been left off the card and not be featured on a PPV they should be on. So, if management were able to find something for the two men to do, this match switch could have occurred.

Are there any thoughts on the matter?

well the match on super impact was a non title match but it was the best match on impact in years and i hope they build aj up turn him heel after the mafia is long gone and fued with a face super mex over the world title

First as a serious heel AJ would never work he is just too loved by the TNA fans.... second the match on IMpact was done perfectly...(I didnt see it Phillies playoffs take precedence) but from what I read it was amazing) They make AJ look strong enough to take on all comers for his title... If and when he wins cleanly over sting he should go on to fued with Kurt and as he does help bring down the Mafia.... and then battle a heel Morgan (because he can change heel face heel face as many times as he wants and noone cares) for the title

AJ Styles should have a long title reign. He has been very loyal to TNA and is incredible in the ring and on the mic. He's over with the fans and has been able to put on memorable matches. He deserves a long reign and his match with Angle was great and IMO he there should be a time limit in all matches again. He should be the one to finally take down the Main Event Mafia.

One thing I'd point out is that all this MEM killing doesn't have to happen right now. It has to happen, but not necessarily right this second. It can wait a few months if need be. I'm saying this because if they do put Sting over and hand him the title, it just pushes the inevitable back a bit. It's not the end of the world or the downfall of TNA or anything.

Whoever that was on the WZ main site made a good point. If Styles loses, they can still set up a longer feud where Styles keeps chasing Sting's title setting up an actual retirement match later on. I think it'd work. Should they do it? I don't know. But I'd buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back