A Couple of Questions About the BFG Series...

briancostello

Dark Match Jobber
1. Will every wrestler in the Bound for Glory Series get the same amount of chances to earn points?

My point is, that if Devon or any other wrestler in the series does not have as many matches, this doesn't seem to be fair. Some are involved in 4 way matches worth 10 points, others in singles matches. They seem to just be changing the rules as they go...Giving points for whatever they feel like.

2. Do you think TNA creative got the idea of this BFG Series from the Classic AWA Team Challenge Series?

The TCS had some very idiotic matches and Bischoff was there at the time. I can't help but think they used this and thought they could make it better.

If they want to create a #1 contender for the Bound for Glory PPV, then hold a true tournament. Double elimination...every match has a different stipulation...whatever.

I know at Impact Wrestling...Wrestling Matters...but I think the Bound for Glory Series Matches are a bit absurd.

I think they are gonna have matches based on their points. More often than not the guys in the "big points" matches have low point totals. For example their was a triple threat match not too long ago with the guys who were pointless so that one of them would get on the board.

I like the series, my only problem with it is that I think the entire thing is a device to get Crimson over the top.

Wow interesting I've never looked at the Bound For Glory Series that way. I don't know if all the wrestlers involved in the series have had equal amount of matches. I don't know if Tna got the idea from the awa team challenge and to be honest I've never heard of that anyways. I can relate the Bfg series to college footballs bcs system. I would prefer a tournament similar to college basketballs sweet 16 maybe have four regions each region would have four wrestlers and the four winners out of each region would face off in a fatal four way at hardcore justice to determine the number one contender against the tna heavyweight champion at Bound For Glory.

Yea i have been wondering that too, i think the wrestlers with low amounts have more matches when the high amount of point holders have low amount of matches until people catch up.

I did wonder that first point. I think you have to assume the answer would be yes unless otherwise stated. What you have to remember is that in a standard match submissions are worth 10 points anyway so you could say that as long as everyone has te same number of matches, they all have the same opportunity for points. If they don't put every guy in the same amount of normal matches and 10 point standard matches, like last Thursday's ladder match, it would be a monumental fuck up.

As for the second point, no idea. It doesn't feel like it's being run that well. The league table ought to show how many matches each wrestler has been in and how many points they could have earned so as to help shape the rest of the tournament.

I do like the basic premise though. It really makes the belt matter by having a number one contender tournament of this magnitude. One thing I think TNA does well is put the emphasis of importance on that title belt, it's the centre of immortal's control and the power story-line wise and winning it is prestigious.

tna bores me. good wrestlers, bad direction. their whole set needs to change, it has a free wrestling expo feel. i think nwa did something like that, think it was called 'iron man series' or something like that. where 4to6 guys would compete against eachother weekly. like 1vs2, 3vs4, 5vs6, nxt week, 1vs5, 2vs4, 3vs6 and so on till each guy had a 1on1 match with each wrestler and the one with the most victories wins. and if there was a tie, than the2compete2break the tie

Good question i was wondering the same thing myself!! It seems like the whole thing is indeed to get crimson to the top!! Why is that i dont know he didnt exist even a year ago!! Tna needs some serious direction alot of good talent with no captain at the wheel!! Bunch of greedy self satisfying individuals!! Hogan Eazy E want all the money glory Dixie cant run a company to save her life!! Im sure Slick Ric has his hand in the cookie jar somewhere wouldnt put it past him!!

i can see as easy as anyone that there pushing crimson and even gunner but i dont think there gunna win it. i see them in the fatal four way at sacrifice with aj styles and my pick to win robert rhoode. hes overdue and has got 21 points tied for 4th as of today. i love beer money my second favorite team to edge and christian.but beer money is over and it will be due to rhoode winning the bfg. gunner vs crimson at bfg tho

At first, they listed the number of matches by the scores on TNA's BFG Series page, but they have done away with that. I think to have it make more sense, they should bring that back. We'll see. I think it's a good idea, I don't mind the occasional 4-way, so long as they all get the same chances.

1. Will every wrestler in the Bound for Glory Series get the same amount of chances to earn points?

No. You have different ways to earn more points. You can earn 7 points via submission, you earn 3 points by pinfall (I think).

It makes the matches booked differently for the wrestler not trying to lose and give their opponent extra points which produces great matches or matchups.

My point is, that if Devon or any other wrestler in the series does not have as many matches, this doesn't seem to be fair. Some are involved in 4 way matches worth 10 points, others in singles matches. They seem to just be changing the rules as they go...Giving points for whatever they feel like.

2. Do you think TNA creative got the idea of this BFG Series from the Classic AWA Team Challenge Series?
It seems more like a NASCAR concept to me.

The TCS had some very idiotic matches and Bischoff was there at the time. I can't help but think they used this and thought they could make it better.
It's more like a TNA version of the Royal Rumble. Difference is, It promotes the PPV and makes it look bigger and creates good matches and potentially great matches.

If they want to create a #1 contender for the Bound for Glory PPV, then hold a true tournament. Double elimination...every match has a different stipulation...whatever.
Why? When WWE just did that? Wouldn't people complain about TNA coping WWE?

I know at Impact Wrestling...Wrestling Matters...but I think the Bound for Glory Series Matches are a bit absurd.
It's not absurd. It's more like the Playoffs. Instead of brackets, you earn points. It's pretty simple, IMO.

Given how the BFG Series matches must always involve the wrestlers involved, I'd say chances are always equal to all. They have different choices to earn points and so far those with less are the one's getting more matches.

I think that the BFG Series was made to either get Crimson or Gunner to the top and over. So I think Crimson or Gunner will win it, I would have Gunner win it by pinning Crimson. I know I'm going to get heat for this but I think it would work. I think Crimson is over enough and having Gunner end the unbeaten streak would get another young guy over.

I want Bobby Roode to win it though, I think he deserves it. He is pretty young and very talented both on the mic and in the ring, he also gets a good pop from the crowd so he would be a good pick to main event BFG.

Is the winner getting a title shot?

The winner gets a TNA Title shot at BFG I believe.

I think that the BFG Series was made to either get Crimson or Gunner to the top and over. So I think Crimson or Gunner will win it, I would have Gunner win it by pinning Crimson. I know I'm going to get heat for this but I think it would work. I think Crimson is over enough and having Gunner end the unbeaten streak would get another young guy over.

Interesting view of this. I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly it, they created this whole thing to put Crimson and Gunner over(because Hogan believe in the strong guy concept). They should have them face each other at BFG. It would not be for the TNA title but at least the match would have some aura.

I want Bobby Roode to win it though, I think he deserves it. He is pretty young and very talented both on the mic and in the ring, he also gets a good pop from the crowd so he would be a good pick to main event BFG.

I would vouch for that.

[/Quote]The winner gets a TNA Title shot at BFG I believe.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. What's funny is i'm trying to find my post in this thread about when I asked that question and I believe it has been deleted.

I thought about this when the Series first started but then realised I don't know how many matches each guy has had so it doesn't really matter. As long as TNA don't tell us how many matches each guy has competed in, it won't be an issue.

I've never seen AWA or heard of their Team Challenge Series so not really sure if that's where the idea came from.

Regarding the actual BFG Series, I'm finding it hard to pick a Final 4 I'd like to see and even harder to pick a winner. Looking at the list of competitors, there's about 8 guys I'd like to see do well. But with Matt Morgan being injured and Pope looking shit, that leaves 6 (RVD, AJ Styles, Crimson, Gunner, Bully Ray and James Storm). Personally I'd like the Final 4 to be RVD, AJ Styles, Gunner and Bully Ray. But with Crimson being undefeated (with loads of potential) he will most likely make the Final 4. But at this stage, I can't really see who else looks "certain" to make it to No Surrender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back