A Change in the WWE Draft

What do you want done with the WWE Draft?

• Stay the Same

• Go back to how it debut

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

#BabyFace

**The.Best.In.The.World**
So with the Supershow aspect of RAW, It is thought of many people that the Draft needs a change. Many people want the draft to go back to how it was debut with the RAW and SD GMs picking one at a time just like real sports. An idea that I have is why not combine them. Let the GMs pick a few but have a few wild card matches where the winner gets a draft pick for their brand.
My idea could suck or whatever but I think its agreed on alot of people that the Draft needs a change. So what do you think?

Should the draft stay the same?
Should they go back to the draft they debut with?
Or do you have your own idea...if so please explain.:)

I really wish, they would have Raw live on Mondays, Smackdown LIVE on Fridays, have a HUGE draft where everyone will find a home just like when the original Draft happened in 01 or 02.

But it wont happen, the draft will be a waste of time if they even do it this year

I'd like them to change it up a bit. I'm talking a Future Endeavor Draft. We all know spring starts the new year and it's cutting season. Just do it live on tv. Fuck it. It'd be entertaining, and who knows? Maybe the heat of a certain wrestler getting fired could build up some steam for a jobber who was previously looked at as garbage to make that classic underdog comeback.

Johnny Ace would be the perfect guy to introduce this concept. There's too much potential for it to fail.

I think they need to have back when they debuted it. I think it would have mystery of who was on what. But I do also like the way they do it now.

I think that they should only have two or three people drafted from one brand to another.Like miz and truth would go to smackdown, and wade barrett and cody rhodes would go to raw.

I'll start off by saying, I don't know how well this would work, but here's what I'm throwing out...

Stop switching guys from brand to brand every year.

Instead, I think RAW and SmackDown should pull draft selections straight from FCW. With the new network coming... at some point, FCW is probably going to be getting it's own show, so why not let the guys get established there and brought up to the main roster with some steam behind them.

There are some drawbacks, the major one being you couldn't have new guys debut throughout the year, they'd have to be saved for draft season... plus it might limit a wrestlers personal creative direction, as he would have to have a tv ready persona right out the gate.

But the positives are you don't have to waste RAW/SD time with promos and vignettes, people would be already familiar with the new guys, and anxious to see some of the legitimately new match ups we'd see.

Cease the draft for now, do it bi-annually.
Have the Champions be able to go between both shows, unify the belts up and maybe bring back the Light heavyweight title and maybe some sort of lower card belt. That way the the split could be done evenly 50-50 the champions can go between the shows allow the reflection of being champion to mean something and give them "more options" and WWE could also keep the IC/US belts as seperate belts just elivate the IC belt as a main event belt but lower than the WWE and let the US be the mid card belt that is the stepping stone to Main Eventing.

I liked it a hell of a lot better back when each brand got 4 picks and they anounced 1 pick per week. It brings suspense and normally the guy that gets drafted gets thrown right into a fued. Obviously you can have a mini draft online for the lower card guys.

i think the only meaning the draft has now is the titles they like the world or wwe or us or ic title that only sd or raw stars chase for it so draft should stay the same. with the draft we get fresh faces go after the mid card or world titles

I like your idea.

My idea would be like in WWE SvR 2007 Gm Mode. Each show gets a set number of random picks, and then each show gets 1 or 2, maybe 3 free picks of any superstar from the other show.
Also, to add a twist, each show can have one safe superstar.

I'd like the draft to be right after Mania, that would keep things fresh after the big one.

why not do it the way a lot of us chose up teams in the school. Let the two champs act as captains and take turns choosing the participants of each show. It would come out the same since the bosses at WWE headquarters have decided how it will come out before the draft ever gets on the air. There is absolutely no reason to think there is any randomness to it.

I liked it best what they did one year (I think it was 2004-2005) where wrestlers move shows over a number of weeks, with each show getting the same number of selections. One superstar from the other show would be revealed every week on "Raw" and "Smackdown", often as a suprise.

I remember the year they did this, things like Jericho announcing that Raw's first pick would appear on the "Highlight Reel", and it turned out to be John Cena (which was a massive shock, since he was the champion of Smackdown at the time). Kurt Angle was revealed as being a mystery opponent on his new brand.

Every Raw and Smackdown was must-see, to see who had changed shows. There was also different ways they were revealed. Some were revealed by interfering in a match, some were introduced, and some were revealed when they walked down the aisle for their match with their new brand.

It created excitement and a buzz, and had an important feel, as major stars like John Cena, Kurt Angle and Batista switched brands.

The Draft is pointless. The first few years of the draft was ok. When they had wwe champ could wrestle on both shows. RAW and Smackdown had there own PPV's. I don't know. Why can't it just be WWE. Brand's are stupid. They can use FCW as like the proving ground and bring up a leavel to like NXT then to WWE. Not Raw not Smackdown, But WWE. And besides theres always raw guys on smackdown and smackdown guys on raw. It's gay like TNA!!!!

The draft would be better if there weren't a Supershow every damn Monday. The brands aren't individual anymore, which makes the show change pointless. You'd still see Cena, or Ziggler, or Punk, or anyone that get's traded to Smackdown every Monday AND every Friday. The feuds would be a bit different, but it's not like the blow that you used to feel when your favorite got traded to the other brand, and you couldn't see him on the same night you usually did and on the PPV you usually saw. On top of that, the old method was better because it didn't feel like a damn roulette. There was strategy to the picks. There was a reason to them. It didn't feel as stupid and planned.

I think it's ok as it is, if they decide to keep the brand split.

I like your idea in theory but the problem I've always had with that idea, is why wouldn't the GMs pick the best guys? If Teddy Long gets the first pick, why wouldn't he take Cena? What's he gonna say, hey I think I'll take Kofi with the first pick? The way they have it now, it has to appear to be "random" (even though we know it's not) to have any kind of legitimacy whatsoever. In a real sports draft, for the most part, you pick the best player. So, it wouldn't make sense for the top tier guys to NOT get drafted.

They need to stop the draft and the brand split. Then cut the roster. Then have superstars appear on both brands. If you werent a superstar or didnt have what it took to become one, you werent there. Look at the people who held the Int and US and Euo title compared to now.

I would love it if the WWE Draft returned to the 2002 format. I always thought the Draft Lottery with random computer generated picks was a weak storyline way of changing things up and preferred the GMs making the actual picks on Raw and Smackdown. I don’t mind having the Inter-Promotional matches, but I don’t want the outcome of the matches to determine who gets a pick. Here’s what I would like to see happen on the day after WrestleMania:

Between Raw and Smackdown there are 52 SuperStars and 14 Divas. If you add NXT, that’s 4 more SuperStars and a Diva. If you add FCW, that’s 34 more SuperStars and 7 more Divas. That gives you 90 SuperStars and 22 Divas. That’s about 112 World Wrestling Entertainers. I’m not going to include Other On-Air Employees like GMs, Announcers, Managers / Valets, and the Broadcast Team in the Draft. Each GM will have 56 picks over the course of 8 weeks.

On the Monday after WrestleMania:
Raw will have the 1st pick and will have a total of 4 picks that night and Smackdown will have 3 picks. Picks are made at 9:15, 9:30, 9:45, 10:00, 10:15, 10:30 and 10:45. The first 2 picks will face each other in a Raw vs. Smackdown match and immediately after the last RvS match, Raw will get its 4th and final pick of the night.

On the Friday after WrestleMania:
Smackdown will have the 1st pick and will have a total of 4 picks that night and Raw will have 3 picks. Picks are made at 8:15, 8:30, 8:45, 9:00, 9:15, 9:30 and 9:45. The first 2 picks will face each other in a Smackdown vs. Raw match and immediately after the last SvR match, Smackdown will get its 4th and final pick of the night.

This will go on for 8 weeks straight until all 112 picks are made. That’s 7 picks for each show a week. I’d like to see “ESPN” type of Draft coverage with a countdown clock for when the next is to be made. The promos and backstage stuff should be very entertaining with this format and by the time it gets stale and played out, it’ll be over. That’s how you change things up. I have more to add to this, but I need a cigarette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back