Tool vs Candlebox

• Tool

• Candlebox

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Tool vs Candlebox

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

I like Candlebox but they are going against Tool. It is unfair. Tool as a musical group owns most of the bands in the 90's brackets. Maynards voice has the full range of Emotions conveyed. And is eerily haunting. These guys are the exception to the rule of simplicity sells. Bullshit, Tool is complicated as fuck and they Sell a shitload of albums.

I agree Shadowmancer, they say simplicity sells but obviously Tool is the exception to that rule. Candlebox doesn't even come close to matching the complexity of Tool, and while Candlebox does have it's moments, Tool just seemed epic at times. Lateralus and Aenima were both genious albums, both very complex, both really broke away from the typical mold of other rock bands that were around at the time.

On a side note, Tool had about the strangest music videos ever made

Tool. Tool. And Tool.

Candlebox were shit. This is probably the 12th band that you could interchange with another and I'd be indifferent to who they were, alone with Collective Soul & others. Candlebox were far too polished, and always sounded like they were trying so hard to sound alternative, that they always came off goofy and mediocre to me.

Tool on the other hand are one of the few modern metal bands that I love. Though they're truly more then metal, and it would be unfair to just label them in that category and close the book on them. Maynard is a freakin' genius of rock and roll in my opinion, and how Tool isn't bigger is beyond me. Then again, granted their success, I guess I'm asking a bit much for a metal band.

Tool takes this one easily.

I am actualy a big Candlebox fan, evern though their body of work isn't exhaustive. Their first album came with three hits, including "You" and "Far Behind" which still see a lot of air time even today.

Tool is a legendary band, though, and will have no trouble with this matchup. Shadowmancer is right, this is a shitty draw for an underrated band like Candlebox. But Tool's songs and albums are deep, epic, and meaningful. They are going to be a tough band to take out in the 90's region.

:lmao: Candlebox doesn't stand a fucking chance in this, Tool is soooo much better in pretty much every fucking way imaginable, Candlebox had what? one half way decent album then everybody forgot who the fuck they were, yet Tool is fucking legendary, they put out great albums and put on great fucking shows, I've seen Tool live twice, and both times they were simply amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back