Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
90's Region – South Park vs King of the Hill

south_park_guitar_queer-o.jpg

VS

king_of_the_hill_alley11.jpg

Damn this is a bad draw for King of the Hill but I will vote for it anyways. King of the Hill was always funnier to me then South Park because it seemed much more realistic, for a cartoon, then South Park did and there is no arguing that. I liked the characters much more because everyone has those crazy kind of friends or at least I do. The pop culture references always entertained me much more as well. Do the right thing and vote King of the Hill.

Same as what Indyjon said. Terrible draw for KOTH. South Park is an institution now. It's a satirical comedy that's pretty much just the opinions of Trey Parker and Matt Stone made into bad animation. But it's real, REAL funny. King of the Hill didn't deserve this. At all. But I voted for South Park.

Terrible draw for KOTH.

But I'm voting for it anyway. KOTH was to me the epitome of what a show SHOULD be: Funny, smart, and serious. It had an excellent balance of all three, and had some great, realistic characters. The humor was more amusing and more subtle.

It's just a shame it's against South Park, which has become huge.

It's just a shame it's against South Park, which has become huge.

You're right, Doc. It has become huge. And in that becoming huge, it's actually become good. Make that possibly the best animated show on television right now. It has a message to it, and it's absurdity rivals any show I've ever seen. It may be one of the best shows on television now.

But in the 90s, it was a shitfest. It got by on raunchy humor targeted at pre teens. There was a bit of satire, but not nearly as much as you see now. Instead of using satire, they bashed you upside the head with swears and such, and because it was the cool thing to do, fans followed. Then, in due time, South Park realized it couldn't keep up on the pattern it was going. So at some point in the early 00s, South Park made the conscious effort to actually be good.

King of the Hill, meanwhile, has always been good. It's just gotten better with age. Mike Judge is easily one of the best minds for television, and the guy just churns out gold. The cast is lovable, even Hank's dad is extremely funny, and you're supposed to hate that bastard. This was a show that typically gets underlooked. Until today. I'm voting them over South Park. You should, too.

Ab-motherfucking-stain.

How the fuck does the two greatest animated television programs in history get matched-up up against one another? Tdigs, you are now officially on my shitlist, pal.

Seriously though, love both these shows, and I wish they could both advance. I've been watching the both of them since the beginning, and they both hold a very special place in my heart. Overall, I'd have to say I like South Park a bit more, but I still can't vote for it over the absolute genius that is King of the Hill.

Both shows are just terrific, and I know Tdigs matched them up just to piss me off. I would have much preferred either of these shows to go up against that trash Family Guy, and I would have argued to death on the subject, but it is what it is, I guess.

I didn't think I'd say this, but I'm abastaining from voting. South Park took a bad turn for the worse after it's 3rd or 4th season, and has become nothing but shitty joke after shitty joke. It's not new and creative anymore, and it hasn't made me laugh since the first time I watched the shows air.

King Of The Hill just isn't funny. I tried watching it when it first started airing, and I've tried watching the reruns, but it just doesn't make me laugh. I don't get any of the jokes, or any of the characters...

Honestly, I've never found South Park to be extremely funny even though they do a great job with celebrities. King of the Hill was realistic and funny at the same time. The characters were perfect and they dealt with some real-life situations. I find the character of Dale Gribble funnier than any of the characters in South Park. KOTH never gets much of the respect it deserves and I feel is a better show than South Park.

I HATE South Park, I'd choose almost anything over it. I have never laughed at a South Park show. I even watched the Twilight and WWE ones specifically so that they'd be something I could relate to and therefore enjoy. Nothing. It tries too hard to be funny, and it just isn't. I want to shake my head in disgust at it. Humour is subjective, I get that, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't enjoy South Park. King of the Hill gets my vote by default.

Oh wow! Two animated behemoths going at it here in a battle of supremacy. I have always been a fan of animated comedy and both of these shows have both had a grasp over me at one time or another. However, the main think that I am gong to say is that South Park is the only show that comes to mind when I think of shows that consistently get better from season to season. King Of The Hill is a great show and one which I have enjoyed immensely since it's inception. However, South Park is one of my last pure viewing pleasures and every episode is an absolute treat to behold. South Park to win here.

As much as I love king of the hill, south park is my favorite cartoon. I grew up with KOTH and I'm a big judge fan. But South Park continually has classic episodes that parody events hillariously.

King of the Hill is awesome.... but I have been a fan of South Park ever since day 1. I'm one of the few South Park fans who can say that. I've seen every single episode and even the bad ones are funny. I voted for South Park because I have grown up watching it and it is one of my favorite shows.

King of the hill has never made me laugh, true story. I love it, but I haven't laughed at it. Being a situation comedy comedy is key.

South Park is one of the few shows that gets better and better as it goes on (with American Dad), ignore what NSL says....the first three series' were terrible and once they went their current route things are brilliant.

I voted KOTH. South Park was shit and always has been shit. Not once have I found t funny. KOTH on the other hand is a riot. It has a form of humor that you get, or you sit there and say this is shit. The characters are great, you have Hank Hill who has more of a conservative humor, while Bobby has an offbeat sense of humor. They always clash, you throw in the beer drinking buddies and you have like 10 years of solid comedy. When you mix South Park together you get a big ol' bag of meh.

King of the Hill was decent, nothing more. It had a good heart and Mike Judge almost always will deliver an entertaining half hour of television, but it doesn't even slightly stack up against the genius of South Park. Not even slightly.

Few things here...first, to Tenta: what the FUCK are you smoking dude? South Park sucked in the 90s? Are you KIDDING me? It was the hottest show on TV and a cultural phenomenon man and it was NOT just because of "raunchy humor". South Park's first few seasons are absolute pure GOLD.

King of the Hill at it's best couldn't match up to South Park at it's worst. Seriously, go find me the very best KOTH episode and I'll match it up against one of the worst South Park episodes, and South Park will likely win hands-down. South Park is not only the greatest animated show ever made, it's also the most intelligent. Yep, that's right, intelligent. Never has a show utilized social satire with such a sharp sword as South Park has, never. They aren't afraid to comment on everything from global warming to 9/11 to Osama Bin Laden, nothing is off limits.

South Park wins this, and wins it easily people.

King of the Hill is better. It is hands down the most insightful, original, believable animated show ever. The characters are all realistic, but still all very funny. There are something like 256 episodes, each of them brilliant, and not one of them relying on tenuous plots or anything of the like.

Hank Hill is one of the most rounded characters in television history. The programme is quite simply brilliant, and while I think South Park is also excellent television, it just isn't quite as good.

South Park was a show I just loved from the moment I saw my first ever episode (Tom's Rhinoplasty and that one is one of my favs) and it has gone from strength to strength since. For the first season, they really give something worth watching and it grew into season 2, the film, and the rest is all history. South Park is just so damn funny and it gives me a lot more reason to watch than King of the Hill.

Also a side note, I don't like the fact that people are voting against South Park because they hate it, yet not seen King of the Hill. If you don't like it and haven't seen it's opponent, don't vote!

Reactions: gd
Fuck KOTH. It's soooo boring. It's decent enough, but I can't watch it for too long without changing the channel. Not anything special at all for me.

South Park is one of my favorite shows of all the times. It's a great combination of raunchy humor and actualy insight. As X said, it's intelligent, more so than a ton of other shows that are one today.

It has also transformed greatly over the years. In the beginning, it was mostly crap animation with some toilet humor. But, it was still funny. At the moment, there is much more behind each episode, but it's still just as funny as ever.

South Park is legendary, KOTH is average. The choice should be obvious.

South Park would win this purely for the Lord of The Rings spoof alone but it's got so many other outstanding episodes that it's not even close. King of the Hill is one of those programmes I just do not understand. It's like The Simpsons but with none of the laughs and nowhere near as clever.

South Park eaaaaaaaasily!

I hate KOTH, never found it funny and never will. South Park on the other hand is the only animated show I would rate near the Simpsons. South Park is extremely clever and continues to get better. It's characters are great, the storylines are hilarious and the way they can go on about about things like abortion, gays, war, racisim etc but still end on a well thought out note that makes sense is pure genious.

Nearly every SP show is relevent to the current affairs of what was happening at that time. It's a great show and completely shits over KOTH which barley pulls a laugh and gets worse and worse every minute I watch it.

There can't be anything on for me to want to watch South Park. I have never been a huge fan, and I cannot understand where people get off loving it so much. I don't love Family Guy, but I will click it on to give it a watch. I really hate whats her name, the mother, but besides that, its a decent show.

And maybe it will get pushed with Brittany Murphy dying.

now to break this down into a more composite parts, the better start music is KotH, but the better program is South Park, as X said it is the most intelligent cartoon, if not tv show out there right now. I have a book, an academic book on Japanese popular culture, there is an article in there by one of the lecturers that I had during my BA. He wrote an article on the Chinpokomon episode with the input from Matt and Trey. Brilliant Satire due to the fact that it is always relatively current, a good case in point is the recent Michael Jackson episode, that was the first in the second part of the season. The short turn around in the creation of episodes leads to everything working out better. Fishsticks was even a pre-emptive joke at Kanye West.

I've never known why, but I love KOTH. I mean, it's a pretty good show I think but I've never laughed at it like I have with other shows such as Family Guy. But I still love watching it occasionally.

On the other hand, I've never been a huge fan of South Park. I know it's really popular, but I haven't really enjoyed watching it. I'll give my vote to KOTH because I've enjoyed it way more. I know both shows are considered great (South Park probably considered to be the greater show), but I'm giving the vote to the show I like better.

South Park gets my vote. I've never been a big fan of KOTH.

How can you not adore South Park? It's incredibly entertaining. It's one of the most original and witty shows I've ever seen. There's countless episodes that I've watched dozens of times. I don't know what more to say other than KOTH hasn't appealed to me as much as South Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back