Audioslave vs Breaking Benjamins

• Audioslave

• Breaking Benjamins

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Match

Audioslave vs Breaking Benjamins

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

ummmm (yes, that's right), you seem to have given a band i rather like quite a tough tie. i'm not impressed.

Anyway, Breaking Benjamin. anyone who has played the Smackdown vs Raw Series will have heard breaking benjamin, as not one, but two songs were used, along with songs on both Wrestlemania 21 and Day of Reckoning.
Do they deserve to get past Audioslave?
You decide
[youtube]DWaB4PXCwFU[/youtube]

[youtube]ZznMPcEKZCw[/youtube]

[youtube]jALaulfWJfA[/youtube]

Other songs worth checking: Follow, Firefly, Had Enough, You

ummmm (yes, that's right), you seem to have given a band i rather like quite a tough tie. i'm not impressed.

Wow. The man who is supposed to be my tag team partner, my right hand man in the SFC, has just slapped me in the face with an "Ummm" reply. Now I am not impressed.

But I am impressed with Breaking Benjamins, and I say they go over here. Audioslave is a disgruntled side project. It's the guys from R.A.T.M. not wanting to be political, and a talented Chris Cornell out of work.

I got into Breaking Benjamins thanks to the song "Skin" off the Jagermiester tour CD. From there, I was hooked. Songs like "Next to Nothing," "Blow me Away," "Breathe," "Polyamorous," etc.

I really feel Breaking Benjamins is one of the next great up-and-coming bands out there, and that they can make it through to the 2nd round of this tourney.

lol. nasty ain't it. all done in good fun though as I know you've a thick enough skin to take it. I agree though, they really are an impressive band and benjamin burnley has a really nice, almost haunting voice. And while they have a large amount of heavy songs, the likes of rain and forget it are really good ballads as well.

I like Audioslave, they aren't spectacular but they were over-hyped to begin with IMO, then released a pretty poor second album, there third album is their best yet in my opinion, even better than their first.

Hmm the Breaking Benjamins; impact on the industry- little to zero, impact on society- none, influence on other artists- none to my knowledge, appeal- limited, I don't think I need go on. Audioslave should win.

Yet another match up of overrated and mediocre bands. Yes IC, thats right, I said mediocre. Breaking Benjamin one of the next great bands? ROFL What in GOD'S name are you talking about?

Audioslave were decent. But rather average considering how talented all of the members of that band are. They're like Velvet Revolver in that they should by all means rock, but 9 times out of 10 end up just sounding terrible and utterly boring.

Still, they easily beat Benjamin here. Maybe it's just me, but every single band that the WWE tends to use for music, is usually absolute musical drivel. Benjamin is no different.

Yet another match up of overrated and mediocre bands. Yes IC, thats right, I said mediocre. Breaking Benjamin one of the next great bands? ROFL What in GOD'S name are you talking about?

Audioslave were decent. But rather average considering how talented all of the members of that band are. They're like Velvet Revolver in that they should by all means rock, but 9 times out of 10 end up just sounding terrible and utterly boring.

Still, they easily beat Benjamin here. Maybe it's just me, but every single band that the WWE tends to use for music, is usually absolute musical drivel. Benjamin is no different.

Motorhead is musical drivel?

I'll go Audioslave here, based on the fact that, although they completely softened up from RATM days, they still had a bit of talent. Glad to see that RATM is back though.

Breaking Benjamin is just one of those bands that you know 10 year old kids would adore, and a band that I've never personally liked based on their dullness and lack of variation. Some of their songs are okay, but I fail to see the appeal that they have.

Audioslave for me, even though 'Be Yourself' was one of the worst songs the WWE ever used.

Motorhead is musical drivel?

Maybe you didn't read the part where I said that whatever bands the WWE uses is USUALLY drivel. As in, not always. I said it with Motorhead in mind.

Breaking Benjamin is just trash though. Utter trash. I really want IC25 to come in here and argue with me about how this band of mediocre jackasses is going to be "the next great rock and roll band".

Maybe you didn't read the part where I said that whatever bands the WWE uses is USUALLY drivel. As in, not always. I said it with Motorhead in mind.

Breaking Benjamin is just trash though. Utter trash. I really want IC25 to come in here and argue with me about how this band of mediocre jackasses is going to be "the next great rock and roll band".

Challenge accepted.

One of the things that I feel holds a band back from being a great band is the live show. Bands like Eve 6 and Sugar Ray shot themselves in the foot because their live shows were crap and people realized they were just CD bands. As a result, they faltered. Breaking Benjamins I have seen three times now, and they've impressed me both times.

Capitalizing on momentum is very important as well. In the late 90's, several radio DJ's including Eddie Trunk from "Friday Night Rocks" said Buckcherry was the next "big thing" in rock music. But it took them far too long to capitalize on the momentum created by "Lit Up." Same thing with Saliva - they didn't make a strong follow up to their 2nd album. They do "Rest in Pieces" on their 2nd album, and come up with garbage on their 3rd one. Breaking Benjamins, however, had two solid rock albums already, and followed up with "Breathe." They have several songs now that can be considered "radio quality" singles.

Mind you, Xfear, I am not predicting they WILL become the next top rock band, but I am saying that they CAN. They've developed a strong following thanks to songs like Breathe, So Cold, and Home. They are a band to keep a eye on. The bass line is strong, the lead signer has a unique voice, and they are all genuinely nice, hard working guys who take their music very seriously. They are lyrically talented (see: Polyamorous and Home) and as I sad before, translate well on stage.

Keep an eye out for them in the next few years.

I say Audioslave is the better band, but THIS IS THE 90'S REGION.

Audioslave formed in 2001. Zach Del La Rocha left RATM in 00', Audioslave formed in 01' and their debut album was released in 02'. They technically don't qualify.

And technically Breaking Benjamin renamed themselves Breaking Benjamin in 2000 and their debut album was released in 02'. They had an EP out in 01'.

I say Audioslave is the better band, but THIS IS THE 90'S REGION.

Audioslave formed in 2001. Zach Del La Rocha left RATM in 00', Audioslave formed in 01' and their debut album was released in 02'. They technically don't qualify.

And technically Breaking Benjamin renamed themselves Breaking Benjamin in 2000 and their debut album was released in 02'. They had an EP out in 01'.

If you go back to the beginning of the tournament, this is the 90's and 2000's region, but that would be too long of a title in each thread. Take a look at the general discussion threads to see how it is broken down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back