Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner

90's Region - 3rd Round - Married…with Children vs Futurama

al_l.jpg

VS

futurama_20080722.jpg

Note: Although Married…with Children began airing in 1987, we have included it in this tournament’s 90’s region.

I ended up picking Futurama here because of its randomness and how I used to be a huge fan of it back in the day. I still enjoy it now, I even named my old laptop Bender and my current laptop Flexo, after the characters on this show.

This is a close match-up for me, but it really comes down to one thing. If I saw both of these shows on TV, I'm watching Futurama. Futurama was funnier, had a better cast, and a cooler concept. I'm not saying Married...With Children wasn't any of those things, but just that Futurama was more so than it. I'm a fan of both shows and I know this round will be close, but in the end my vote goes to Futurama.

God damn it, really? You gotta make me choose between two of my favorite shows?

....Fine I'll make a choice. I'll base this on one thing. What's the one show my dad would sit down and watch with me if I flipped the channel to it? Married With Children would be the easy answer here. I love Futurama, but it can't compare to Al Bundy, and the hotness of Kelly Bundy

Ironically Katey Segal is on both shows, so it goes to show whatever she touches turns to gold.

This is a tough one for me. I really like both shows, but I’m going to have to give the nod to Married with Children.

Futurama is a great show and it’s always enjoyable to watch. I always laughed at Bender’s antics. He was my favorite character in the show no matter what he did. The show was great all around but I think it pales in comparison to Married with Children.

First of, Al Bundy is a god amongst men. He’s my favorite character of the show and I always crack up with everything he did. I actually felt sorry for him because he was married to Peggy. It was easy to sympathize for him just because of everything she did such as buying a bunch of expensive items. And every comment he made about her is funny. And then there’s the lovely Kelly Bundy. Her hotness just made me want to watch more of the show. Unfortunately, I don’t get to watch it often. They still air it but in the early hours of the morning, which is when I’m sleeping. I’ll watch is occasionally if I decide to either stay up late enough to watch it or if I wake up a little earlier than normal.

Both shows are favorite’s of mine and they are both great all around. They had great characters, plots, they were both really funny and really enjoyable to watch. I gave my vote to Married with Children but you really can’t go wrong with either one of them.

Married...With Children. Its not even close. Everything about Al Bundy was perfect from his job, to his car, to his bad luck, to his family slowly killing him, to his old high school football stroies. Also no matter how bad of a day you might be having you can alwasy be sure to turn on Married...With Children and you know Al will be having a little bit worse of a day than you.

My reaction is just like Ty's. Why the fuck must I choose between two of my all time favorites. I love both shows to death. On one hand, you have a futuristic cartoon, with some amazing characters. Bender is one of the funniest characters in any television show I have ever witnessed. The love connection between Fry and Leela is simply awesome, well the connection Fry wants and the one Leela won't give until the ending of the series before cancellation.

On the other, you have Al Bundy. That is all that really needs to be said for this show. Al Bundy is simply put, one of the greatest sitcom fathers of all time. He is a hero to all men. But you also have Kelly, who was fan-fucking-tastic.

I had to cast my vote for Married...With Children. I love both shows, and any other matchup, no matter how much shit I would get, Futurama would have my vote. But this is the one that I have to look the other way. Do the right thing people, vote Married...With Children.

This was a tough choice for me as I was able to point and click quite quickly on most of these, but I ended up going with Marrie with Children. I just think it's an overall better show that is jam packed with action and more sex jokes than you'd expect in an early 90s sitcom.

Also, Futurama isn't really that great. I quite like a few episodes, but I can find myself bored with it something as well.

Futurama sucks, plain and simple. Hate, hate, hate that show. Who the fuck doesn't like Married...With Children though? The show is a staple of Americana. Al Bundy is a true man's man. Who can't relate to him in a way? The show is just too funny, and Futuruama is just too...not good. Married...With Children just exudes the way a sitcom should be written, and everyone loved it.

Vote Married....With Children. If you don't it's a vote for the terrorists.

Fuck, this is terrible; two of my favorite shows up against each other. I was going to push for Married with Children as a dark horse for this tournament, but I may have changed my mind.

Both of these shows were fantastic, Married with Children is an archtype comedy. If Shakespeare were alive today, I'm sure MWC would have been one of his creations. Each episode begins with the Bundy's in a neutral position, one of the members of the household (usually Al) finds themselves in a predicament that snowballs out of control until the characters find themselves worse off as the episode progresses. Each episode ends with the characters either back in a neutral position or even better off than they were to start the show.

On the other hand, Futurama not only offers comedy that pushes the boundaries, but it also contains character development, and drama. It is hard to imagine that a comedy reminiscent of early Simpsons could contain one of the the most powerfully sad moments in television history.

Futurama really is more of a total package; it's delivery is comedy, but it also contains moments of drama, meaning, and sentimental value.

I'll give my vote to Futurama here

I liked Futurama and still do, but the right choice is Married With Children. The actors fit their characters so well and just ran with what the writers gave them. Their chemistry was some of the best. I always think it is fun to watch a rerun and watch as each important character enters the scene and listen to how the audience pops for each one. It makes me smile every time.

There were also so many memorable things from Married With Children, such as the WZ Forums very own NO MAAM faction. NO MAAM, was easily one of my favorite things on television in the 90's.

Wait, did Echelon just call a favourite to win it all a Dark Horse? Strange.

I voted against Married With Children here as I have in all the rounds, and will continue to. Futurama was a decent show, too bad it was originally canceled, but then we got Malcolm in the Middle. Not much to say, it was a decent animated show, had some funny parts, but I can't hype it more than that.

Futurama, definitely. They even did a parody of Married with Children once, which goes to show that it is superior. Somehow. Peggy Bundy and Leela are the same woman, which is interesting, but I think there was more range to her character, and everyone else's on Futurama. Futurama is the only show I own all of the episodes of, so I suppose for that reason, if nothing else, I shall vote for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back