Frontman of the WZ Band!!
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1990's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 10

Jurassic Park
jurassic_park_rex1.jpg

vs.

Aladdin

aladdin02kp01-497-301c.jpg

Awesome matchup. One of the top 3 Animated shows of the decade, and probably all time versus one of the best Adventure movies of all time. Jurrasic Park gets my vote though. It was amazing. My favorite movie of all time, though maybe not the best. I can easily say I have watched it over 100 times, starting from the day I got it, to two months ago. Funny thing is, I just watched Aladdin the other day on TV at my friends house. Me: *Walks in* "What the hell are you watching Aladdin for?..." Him:"err" Me: "...Without me!". It was a really good movie, Im just sad it wont move passed this Juggernault. *Insert Baghdad Joke Here*

DAMN. I don't know which one to vote for here.

On one hand, you have the film that was able to convince people that a rather new form of film making technology was actually more than worthwhile to look into and start to use on a frequent basis. Everyone at that time was STUNNED by the visual effects in a way that I'm assuming is similar to how everyone was stunned when the original Star Wars came out. Plus I mean, come on, everyone loves Jurassic Park lol. The little kids are annoying, sure, but Malcolm is a charming character and the dinosaurs are the real stars here.

On the other hand, you have one of the absolute best Disney films ever made. For a cartoon, Jasmine is a total babe lol. "A Whole New World" is an INCREDIBLE song. The pacing of the movie is very solid, the Genie is a typical loveable Disney character along the lines of Tinkerbell (with Aladdin drawing his comparisons to Peter Pan by proxy). Jafar was a great "manipulative bastard" villain. They escalated to a typical "threat literally get bigger and becomes a giant snake" which, albeit is a little cheesy, is still effective.

As much as I hate to eliminate it so early on....I think Jurassic Park suffers in this argument due to the fact that arguably the dinosaurs themselves are the reason the movie is so well loved. By no means is it a bad film on paper, but it just isn't as good as Aladdin.

Aladdin.

I'll take Aladdin. This is my all time favorite animated movie. I loved Jurassic Park as a kid and liked Aladdin, but as I grow up, they're reversing places. Jurassic Park is still good, but its not as great as it once seemed. On the other hand, Aladdin has grown on me a lot. Its a classic story, clascic characters and great lines and songs. It was the peak of Disney with this, Beauty and the Beast and lion king. Genie was larger than life, and the whole movie is great. Its Aladdin for me.

You know...looking back at it now, I have no reason why I liked Jurassic Park. Sure, it was a big deal back when it came out, and the glass shaking sequence is one of the most memorable in cinema. But get beyond that and the story was awful, the acting was poor and it just got by because Spielberg thought 'Hey, Jaws worked...why wouldn't dinosaurs'. He was right and got away with a half-assed film that people ignored because there were dinosaurs in.

Aladdin on the other hand is a classic. It's sweet, funny, had memorable characters and yet still contained enough of a storyline to keep kids of all ages engrossed in the film (I loved Iago...I admit it). Aladdin is easily one of the top 4 movies Disney has ever made (the others being Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story for my view).

As much as I hate to admit it...Jurassic Park isn't really that good. Aladdin is gold by comparison

I actually never liked "Jurassic Park". It's probably my least favorite film to come from Steven Spielberg. I mean, I can understand why certain people love it as much as they do, but it just wasn't for me.

On the other hand, "Aladdin" played a huge part in my childhood. I had the toys, dolls video games, ect. I would get anything associated with this cartoon. I just fucking loved the movie. I haven't seen it in years and years, but I'm certain if the case called upon it, I could sit through it and enjoy it, just because of the nostalgic feeling I'm sure I would get while watching.

So, yeah, "Aladdin" gets my vote and it's not even close in my mind.

Wow, I didn't know that WrestleZone was populated by so many grown men in love with a shitty Disney movie with a blue guy in it with the voice of Robin Williams.

Of course, it's not actually shitty. It's just mediocre. Overrated because the genre it occupies is very lightly populated indeed. Jurassic Park, however, laid down the groundwork for about 90% of the movies you've seen over the last decade or so. One word: special effects. And they've aged very, very well. Is it one of Spielberg's best? Actually, yes. But this is coming from someone who thinks he's made just as much shit as he has gold. And Jurassic Park, my friends, is gold.

Also, if you're macho in the least you should vote for the film with dinosaurs in it.

This isn't a really tough one for me. I actually hate Jurassic Park, I don't really know why. It isn't really my kind of movie. I don't really like Aladdin that much either. I don't understand why so many people like it though. Its not even that great IMO. It isn't my kind of movie either. I turned both of these movies off while I was watching them, I just didn't like either of them.

I prefer Jurassic Park's storyline over Aladdin's though, c'mon, they've got fricking dinosaurs! lol I also prefer action movies over animation movies as well. And as Sam said, the special effects in that movie are pretty good. So i'm going to have to give Jurassic Park my vote.

Man this is fucking tough. I hate, hate, hate Disney movies, but Aladdin is one of three movies from that company that I absolutely love. The plot is intense, and it's enjoyable. By the end, you want Jafar to die. Jafar is a tremendous on screen villain. It's probably the strongest male villain that Disney has produced at this point.

But lets be realistic, Jurassic Park is a fucking beast. That movie was the movie everyone growing up wanted to make. Who in the hell didn't want to see giant dinosaurs on screen. The thing too, those dinosaurs weren't some claymation crap, they were realistic looking, and to this day, look damn realistic. Jurassic Park is a benchmark movie in the history of cinema, and is simply too much for Aladdin.

I think I'll go with Aladdin.

The songs are awesome, the villian is awesome, the characters are more likable. All and all, I think it's leaps and bounds better than JP.

Not to say JP was bad. The visuals were fantastic, some of the action sequences (kitchen and jeep) are some of the most intense ever filmed, and dinosaurs are badass. But I never really care if any of the characters live or die. None of them really do anything for me. And I've always hated the fact that the heroes don't overcome their obstacles in the end, but rather a big dinosaur eats them all. That's shitty storytelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back