Weezer vs Dream Theatre

• Weezer

• Dream Theatre

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

4th Round 90's / 00's Region Match

#38 Weezer vs #54 Dream Theatre

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

Let's keep the DREAM alive, people! I refuse to think that Weezer's "nerd rock" could ever be better than the Progressive Rock Legends of Dream Theatre. There is more musical talent in Dream Theatre's compliation than 30 Weezers could ever muster, and it isn't even close.

[youtube]C7oH6Ku27Us[/youtube]

[youtube]lNp4tMcpM10[/youtube]

For those of you who like the underground bands, Dream Theatre has managed to produce some of the greatest prog rock music ever recorded in relative obscurity. They even have a sense of humor about it - their recent compilation album is entitled "Greatest HIT - (and 21 other pretty cool songs.)" Fantastic.

Their live show ALONE should place them far ahead of the crappy nerd-rock that is Weezer. Deep thrashing songs like "Pull Me Under" and "Wait For Sleep," when performed live, are the equivalent of an audio and visual orgasm. It's a hell of a lot more impressive than a 4-minute rendition of "The Sweater Song."

For all that is holy, I don't expect Dream Theatre to win this entire region, but don't allow a band with as many weaknesses and holes as Weezer take out one of the greatest progressive rock bands in history.

COME ON! You can't let an average, generic, nerdy band like Weezer topple one of the greatest progressive rock/metal bands EVER. Just listen to Dream Theater. They have some of the best guitar work in music, and have a cult fan following like no other band.

Weezer is just a generic band that plays with muppets and goes out of their way to be extra nerdy. Seriously, the only song that was even DECENT from Weezer was "Hash Pipe", and that wasn't even great, not to mention it was over played. This is a band that doesn't even deserve to be this far in the tournament. How they beat Slayer is beyond me. But you guys can't let them topple two great bands. Come on. If you have any common sense and musical taste whatsoever, you'll vote for Dream Theater.

Really, you guys are gonna vote some shitty piss poor crap like Weezer over one the most underrated bands rock, really, Weezer flat out sucks, they are terrible, simply fucking terrible, I don't even know how people can listen to that crap to tell you the truth, Dream Theater is one of the most talented bands I have ever heard, and are easily the better band in this match up, please for the love of god don't let Dream Theaters Cinderella run end here, against fucking Weezer, Dream Theater deserves way more respect than that, remember people we are suppose to be voting for the better bandd here, and in this match up it's Dream Theater by leaps and bounds

Folks, there is still time to do the right thing in terms of great music and vote for Dream Theatre. I can come to terms with a loss in the next round to Alice in Chains, but in no way is Weezer good enough to topple Dream Theatre.

Prog Rock at it's finest, a collection of the greatest musicians that so few have heard of. A band that has never compromised their progressive rock roots for the quick sale or the radio-friendly peice, their shows play like a rock opera and an assault on the senses.

Check the videos I have posted, look up your own, and if you have not yet voted - VOTE FOR DREAM THEATRE!!!

What the hell? Weezer are beating Dream Theater? I'm not a fan of either but these results are pretty shocking...

There's only one aspect as to which I can come to terms with Weezer beating out Dream Theater, and that's album sales. And even then, I'm not sure by how much. Weezer are your generic geeky alternative rock pop band who have no more than maybe three half-decent songs. Their influence really doesn't stray that far outside of a few modern rock bands who plague our music channels today with their god-awful garbage. Dream Theater on the other hand pioneered Progressive Metal and influenced legions of Rock & Metal bands, even having several tribute albums made in honour of them. They are among the elite of technically sound musicians in any genre of music, both Petrucci and Portnoy arguably in the top 5 most influential musicians in their standalone genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back