80's Region Final Four

Which Regional final would you most like to see?

• Metallica vs Guns N Roses

• Metallica vs Bon Jovi

• U2 vs Guns N Roses

• U2 vs Bon Jovi

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
The top four bands from the 1980's Region have emerged, and thanks to YOUR votes, the top four bands are...

...the top 4 seeds! Not very exciting, but certainly an affirmation that the seeding system was quasi-accurate. While many of the underground metal and punk fans may scoff, the top four remaining bands in this region got here through longevity, hits and singles that have withstodd the test of time, live shows, influence on music, etc. With that being said, here are the match-ups for the 80's Region Final Four. The winners of each match will meet for the Regional Championship. In this round, voting will take place from Monday to Monday - 7 days as opposed to four.

1980's Region - Final Four Match #1
#1 Metallica vs #4 U2

Sick match right here. On one hand, you have the popular "gawds" of heavy metal music in the 80's (and the 90's) with Metallica. A fusion of heavy metal, speed and thrash metal, and progressive rock, Metallica was a consensus #1 seed and plowed through EVERYONE on their way to the final four.

lgpp0342+master-of-puppets-album-cover-metallica-poster.jpg

On the other hand, you have Ireland's greatest contribution to the rock universe with U2, a band whose musical variety, instrumental talent, and sanguine political stances have catapulted them into eternal superstardom. Bono and his team have put out hit after hit, and continue to make fantastic music to this very day, still selling out dozens of arenas world-wide.

md_7.jpg

1980's Region - Final Four Match #2
#2 Guns N Roses vs #3 Bon Jovi

Axl and co. had an easier than expected time last round with a solo Ozzy Osbourne, but the authors of Appetite for Destruction still stand as the #2 seed in the 80's. A band that takes credit for amazing originals such as Mr. Brownstone and Welcome to the Jungle, as well as impressive covers such as Live and Let Die and Knockin on Heaven's Door, Guns N Roses could not be taken down by anyone - except themselves and their egos.

normal_Guns_N_Roses_-_Appetite_For_Destruction-front.jpg

Bon Jovi, on the other hand, is the one remaining band under the most controversy in this tournament. Surviving some early scares, the boys from Jersey still stand here with their plethora of rock anthems and power ballads in tow. Still making multi-platinum selling albums and world tours, Bon Jovi may or may not be Livin on a Prayer in the final four.

1a354310fca07a1c6cb49010.L.jpg

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Just a suggestion, but maybe starting with these final four match-ups, you could do what Shockey did in his tournament and keep the polls closed for a couple days to generate some debate, with that being said, these match-ups look good, though I can't beleive a shittacular band like Bon Jovi managed to find there way into the final four, hopefully things will work out and we'll get a G&R vs. Metallica final

Just a suggestion, but maybe starting with these final four match-ups, you could do what Shockey did in his tournament and keep the polls closed for a couple days to generate some debate, with that being said, these match-ups look good, though I can't beleive a shittacular band like Bon Jovi managed to find there way into the final four, hopefully things will work out and we'll get a G&R vs. Metallica final

I think we'll do that, though if people use this thread to discuss the matchups ahead of time, we won't need to. I am not posting ANY final fours until Monday, July 14th at the earliest.

You and I will be slugging it out once again then, Justin, because I will be pulling for U2 vs Bon Jovi. Honestly, I'd have rather seen Metallica vs U2 in the regional final, but seedings are a bitch.

I would love to see Metallica Vs Guns and Roses for the Final. It would be a close one. No Matter how much i like Bon Jovi if they was to win this over Both Metallica and Guns and roses i wont know what to do. Bon Jovi is great but is nothing compared to Metallica and Guns and Roses. I Think Guns and roses should win this contest in the end. But it would be a close one seeing how HUGE they both are.

I voted for Bon over G& R as much as I hated to. I love G&R but Bon JOvi was the 80's. There music was truly iconic at the time. I think G&R are a better band, but I had to go with who influnced the most. That being said Metallic vs Bon Jovi will be hard to choose. I am not a big fan o Meatallic but I am no dummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back