80s 90s wrestlers you would have liked to see as a tag team.

covieo81

Pre-Show Stalwart
pretty simple i know theres been similar im sure but im keepin it to 80s thru 90s 1980-1999. i wanna know who u all would have liked to see team together as a tag team. for me it would have been bret hart and mr perfect. my 2 all time fav wrestlers. i think they would have been awesom together. both were imo the 2 most technically sound wrestlers in that 20yr span plus they were good friends in real life. after their handshake at KoR it woulda been cool to see em team up. i realize bret had bigger things going on and perfect was injured for the most part but it still woulda been awesome.

I would have really liked to see rick rude and hbk as a tag team because there promo's would have been epic and teaming rude with hbk i think would have made hbk a star faster in the wwf/e. Also their matches would have been epic vs teams like hart foundaton, bulldogs the smoking guns etc. But i guess back then their careers were heading in diffrent directions hbk was goin to become the main guy and rude was on his way out.

totallt agree rude and hbk woulda been awesome too so would rude and perfect they were best bros in real life and grew up together.

i would like to see 3 teams that would have been awesome to see
1. Raven and Sting (CROW STING) just because Raven is awesome at his promos and Sting is great at mind games with people you had the Valture and the Raven
2. Sting and the Undertaker- again the mind games would be awesome with these 2, they would beat you way before you steped in the ring with them. Taker could float up to the roof and then you would see the Stinger with his bat point at you, Litghts go out then you see Taker at the entrance blocking one path and sting floating down from the roof blocking off your exit
3. Raven and Kane (mask)- lets be honest Paul Berer was an awesome manger but couldn't help Kane in a match. Paul just had the mouth, well you put Raven in there instead of Paul you would have the recipe for a good team with muscle and brains

well mine is the fusion on two of my favorite wrestlers of all time
(heel team of course)
''Ravishing'' Rick Rude
''The Model'' Rick Martel
Just thing about it the egos the attitude those two had put them together with a top notch manager like bobby heenan i could just smell gold around their waist just thinking about but they would probably name their team
''The Ravishing Models'' still sounds good to my ears:worship:

Val Venis and Test, really their single careers were going nowhere and at The Royal Rumble 2002 they had a similar look and worked well double teaming Austin. Both are quite talented and I could see both becoming one of the top tag teams in a weak division at the time.

I would have loved to see gangrel and vampiro team up just because they would have made an awesome gothic style tag team that could give you the creeps just looking at them

Davey Boy Smith and Regal would have been a great British Bulldogs type team, as heels they would have been a major tag team draw around 1996/98 WWF, I think better than the Bulldog/Owen or Owen/Yoko teams.

Ricky Steamboat and The Rock would have been something to see if Ricky had been fit enough and still active, though I think Steamboat and Steve Blackman could also have been a really good team...

I think Rick Rude and Steve Austin did do a bit of teaming during the Dangerous Alliance days, they would have been a great heel combo for WCW or WWE in the 1994 days had Rude been fit, especially with Paul E or Heenan as the mouthpiece.

Mr. Perfect and Ric Flair - This was the team that should have really happened in the WWF in 1992/1993... Flair didn't want to work tags as he felt it was "beneath him" ... But he and Perfect could have really done some great work as a team, particularly when the Steiners came in shortly afterwards... That was a major missed opportunity for the WWE... Curt never got over as a face and soon jumped...

The Patriot and The British Bulldog - Davey Boy was so good in tags, he could work with pretty much anyone except Lex Luger... The Allied Powers was an ok concept, let down by Lugers shockingly bad face persona... The ideal, Del Wilkes in the WWF 2 years earlier as The Patriot... They would have been a good power based team, and worked far better with the poor mix of teams like the Blu's and the Godwinns...

Bam Bam Bigelow and Jerry Lawler - They did this a couple of times on RAW back in the day, but I always thought Bigelow would have made it bigger with a proper mouthpiece, not Luna... I think a team with Lawler calling the shots and using Bigelow in the Enforcer role would have really worked... They would have been more interesting than many of the teams around in the poor Corporation days.

Brian Pillman and Owen Hart - WWF should have made the earth move to sign Pillman after the Hollywood Blondes reign... Once the Hogan Era began, he would have been a great steal and teamed with Owen you would have had 2 great heel mic workers, with High Flying exciting matches... It would have been World's Greatest Tag Team but 10 years earlier...

Kerry Von Erich and Barry Windham- In the early 1990's after Kerry's IC reign ended, this team would have filled the Void left by the Rockers, Harts and Demoliton all splitting up... they could have feuded with Money Inc over the tag gold far more effectively than the Natural Disasters did...

1980's wise, I think the WWF really missed the boat by not putting Jake Roberts and Ricky Steamboat together... they would have been a really exciting team for the time around Wrestlemania 4...

I also think that the WWF should have brought Hall and Hennig over together as a team...

Jake The Snake and Raven.... DDTs and mind games all god damn day, a lot of other ones I would have are already up so I'll leave it with that one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back