• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

70's Region - WKRP In Cincinnati vs Fawlty Towers

WKRP In Cincinnati vs Fawlty Towers

• WKRP In Cincinnati

• Fawlty Towers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
70's Region - WKRP In Cincinnati vs Fawlty Towers

wkrp.jpg

VS

0102024443400.jpg

John Cleese is an icon and Fawlty Towers is funny. However, the show's no match for Howard Hessman and Loni Anderson. The theme song is as catchy as any in TV history and the show pushed the envelope quite a bit. Especially with Loni Anderson's tight shirts. As a former DJ at a radio station, I can relate to some of the offbeat shenanigans that goes on. Vote WKRP in Cincinnati. Cincinnati W-K-R-P.

I will be going for Fawlty Towers here.

Fawlty Towers is one of the last gems of a simpler time in British comedy that was actually a lot more complex on a lot of levels. I swear to God that watching Fawlty Towers holds so many great memories for me and more so than that, it is one hell of a great sitcom. John Cleese is absolutely fantastic in it and I have never seen a finer display of being a neurotic owner of any business. Cleese is good enough to win this this round on his own but I expect that he will go out along with one of the finest British comedies. Simply because it is that... British.

Fawlty Towers. FAWLTY TOWERS. It should win in a landslide. Fawlty Towers never fails to make me laugh, no matter how many times I've seen the episode, and it's infinitely quotable. I've seen a few episodes of WKRP, and while I was amused, I wasn't overly impressed, not even by the Turkey one. Fawlty Towers all the way.

Fawlty Towers is a funnier show than most of the sitcoms in the tournament, let alone the region. Here's a classic example:

[youtube]yfl6Lu3xQW0[/youtube]

John Cleese is brilliant, Prunella Scales is terrific. The entire show is legendary and WKRP isn't in Fawlty Towers' league.

I'm with you, IC. There is absolutely no reason Fawlty Towers should lose here. Every single episode is comedic gold, with Cleese playing the part of Basil Fawlty perfectly. The actor that plays Manuel is also great, as well as the whole rest of the cast. The comic timing and situations are very well done. Fawlty Towers is excellent, and it certainly doesn't deserve to get knocked out in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back