70's Region - WKRP In Cincinnati vs Fawlty Towers

Discussion in 'Sitcoms Tournament (2009)' started by Cena's Little Helper, Dec 14, 2009.

?

WKRP In Cincinnati vs Fawlty Towers

1. WKRP In Cincinnati

2. Fawlty Towers

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cena's Little Helper

Cena's Little Helper Mid-Card Championship Winner

70's Region - WKRP In Cincinnati vs Fawlty Towers

[​IMG]

VS

[​IMG]

2. It's...Baylariat!

It's...Baylariat! Team Finnley Baylor

John Cleese is an icon and Fawlty Towers is funny. However, the show's no match for Howard Hessman and Loni Anderson. The theme song is as catchy as any in TV history and the show pushed the envelope quite a bit. Especially with Loni Anderson's tight shirts. As a former DJ at a radio station, I can relate to some of the offbeat shenanigans that goes on. Vote WKRP in Cincinnati. Cincinnati W-K-R-P.

3. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I will be going for Fawlty Towers here.

Fawlty Towers is one of the last gems of a simpler time in British comedy that was actually a lot more complex on a lot of levels. I swear to God that watching Fawlty Towers holds so many great memories for me and more so than that, it is one hell of a great sitcom. John Cleese is absolutely fantastic in it and I have never seen a finer display of being a neurotic owner of any business. Cleese is good enough to win this this round on his own but I expect that he will go out along with one of the finest British comedies. Simply because it is that... British.

Leeds Guy likes this.
  4. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

Fawlty Towers. FAWLTY TOWERS. It should win in a landslide. Fawlty Towers never fails to make me laugh, no matter how many times I've seen the episode, and it's infinitely quotable. I've seen a few episodes of WKRP, and while I was amused, I wasn't overly impressed, not even by the Turkey one. Fawlty Towers all the way.

5. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

Fawlty Towers is a funnier show than most of the sitcoms in the tournament, let alone the region. Here's a classic example:

[youtube]yfl6Lu3xQW0[/youtube]

John Cleese is brilliant, Prunella Scales is terrific. The entire show is legendary and WKRP isn't in Fawlty Towers' league.

Dave likes this.
  6. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

I'm with you, IC. There is absolutely no reason Fawlty Towers should lose here. Every single episode is comedic gold, with Cleese playing the part of Basil Fawlty perfectly. The actor that plays Manuel is also great, as well as the whole rest of the cast. The comic timing and situations are very well done. Fawlty Towers is excellent, and it certainly doesn't deserve to get knocked out in the first round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.