The Clash vs Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young

• The Clash

• Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1st Round 70's Match

The Clash vs Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

This is Easy. THE CLASH wins this very very easily. I have yet to listen through Sardinista and Cut the Crap. But I have All of the other albums and I have yet to find a bad song. The Clash merge so many different styles of music that they win this one by creating so many great songs. for the Ska stuff go with Wrong 'Em Boyo. for pure punk music you have London's Burning, White Riot, Complete Control and I'm So Bored With the USA. For Reggae you have Bankrobber. Then you have a perfect album in London Calling.

Not taking anything against Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, but they are going to get hammered in this.

The Clash just barely stole my vote here, and I'm quite frankly shocked that they are winning so handily right now against legends like Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. We're talking about THE rock and roll supergroup.

Take the lead guitarists & singers from Buffalo Springfield, add the genius behind The Hollies, and throw in one of the main guitarists & songwriters from the Byrds and you've got this legendary folk-rock outfit. Simpy put, their first two albums were about as genius as rock and roll and folk comes. Songs like "Suite: Judy Blue Eye" have even the Beach Boys beat in terms of vocal melody, "Almost Cut My Hair" is one of the fiercest rockers of the entire 60s, "Wooden Ships" is a folk-rock classic that has been covered by every high school garage band in America. So many classics I can't even begin to name them all. You simply need to own their first two albums in your collection.

But they face the Clash here. THE CLASH. Genius is an understatement. Nobody sounded like the Clash and no matter how many imitators tried, nobody has since. The first to ever mix punk rock and reggae, they were so ahead of the music curve it was scary. Whether it's the classic punk wallop of the original self titled, the Greatest Album of the 70s (IMO) in London Calling, or the almost Two-Tone styled Combat Rock, they are in a league of their own.

But please Shadow, avoid Cut the Crap. It's terrible.

I just want to get all of the Clash's albums. And I have heard This Is England, and I liked that, it is a shame that the Clash have the worst manager in history in Bernie Rhodes. The Man wanted to be like that hack Malcom McClaren. I also have Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros and I plan on getting all of the related Clash projects, why? because I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back