6 Super Mario 64 v 27 Sonic the hedgehog

?

• SM64

• Sonic

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is one where Sonic will have to unfortunately bow out to his greatest rival.

Quite possibly one of the great Mario Games of all time and this was the formula that allowed Nintendo and Mario to survive in a 3D world where Sonic had failed to.

What's not to love about Mario 64? Worlds in paintings, golden rabbits, big ass levels, old favourite returning and boss battles, the fact each level can be replayed a for a new goal each time and such a great replayability factor, it never gets dull any time you go back to it.

Vote Mario 64

this was the formula that allowed Nintendo and Mario to survive in a 3D world where Sonic had failed to.
Wrong.
But you are right about Sonic losing, sad really. When anyone sees Super Mario 64, greatest game EVAAA is immediately brought up. I highly disagree with that. Best N64 game? Top 5 easily. As for the greatest Mario ever, I say second dare I say I enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine more.

This is really tough actually as I love both of these games and have great memories of both, also they were my first games with both consoles. The thing is though, Sonic is my favorite gaming character ever and I love the Sonic trilogy (and CD) almost more than any old school game. Because of popularity and titles "The greatest game ever" Mario 64 will more than likely sweep Sonic. =(

Sunshine was a decent game bro, no where near SMB64...The best mario game, the best game made period...It was groundbreaking and breath taking...it was awesome, awe inspiring, made you so happy at the end to beat the SOB bowser...Mario all the way to the top!!!

Had to go with Super Mario 64. Such a revolutionary force in gaming, if Super Mario on the NES was Hulk Hogan, Super Mario 64 was Stone Cold. Revolutionized the business in so many ways.

Sonic was great fun, but it just doesn't compare to SM64 in any way. It may not have been the best 3D platformer, but it damn sure was the most important.

This should be an absolute landslide victory in favor of Super Mario 64. When this debuted along with the N64, gamers were in awe. It marked a completely different age in video games. It was the first platformer that took place in an interactive 3D world, and it really knocked it out of the park. With great bosses, unforgettable levels, and smooth controls that were complemented with solid camera angles, the game is a gem in the chronology of video games. Blows Sonic out of the park anyday.

Well here I will vote for a Mario game, mostly because I have no reason to vote against it. Sonic the Hedgehog was a good platformer, but it can't hold a candle to the 3D innovation that SM64 brought to the table that changed our gaming lives forever. For that I will give the game it's due respect and my vote here.

Mario is the better game. Sonic was great, but nowhere near the level of Super Mario 64. I might be biased, because Mario was one of my first video games, but I think most would agree that it is a superior game to Sonic.

I have not even voted here yet. I will probably after I talk my way into it. Who is the better game? Super Mario 64 was great, fantastic game, but so was Sonic. One helped Sega bloom, one helped N64 bloom. Ugh. choice here. I choose... Sonic! Just because I doubt many others will. 3D greatness should win, but I loved Sonic:(

It gets my vote:)

Had to go with Super Mario 64. Fun game, revolutionized the gaming world. You can't go wrong with voting Super Mario. Allthough, Sonic was fun for all of 1 hour. Then it got really boring. Vote: Super Mario 64.

Believe it or not, I never saw what the appeal in Sonic was. I tried playing it a few of times and I never liked it. I gave the game many chances to change my mind about it but I just never saw what it is that’s fun about it. Maybe it just wasn’t my cup of tea but I don’t see what’s good about it. While on the other hand, we have Super Mario 64. That’s a game I always enjoyed playing no matter what. I don’t remember one time that I played it and felt bored by it. I always had fun playing and that’s why I’m voting for it, because I just think it’s the better game of the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back