3 Super Mario 64 -v - Conkers Bad Furday 126

?

• SM64

• Conker

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-Super_Mario_64_box_cover.jpg

One is apparently for the kiddies, one is apparently for the adults. Who cares who they're for? They're both fantastic platformers...who wins? You decide!

250px-Conkersbfdbox.jpg

Damn, I had a big post praising both video games all ready to go and my browser decided to go back in time and not post it. Ah well.

Look, we all know that Super Mario 64 was brilliant in everything it did, so I'm going to take some time to talk up Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Conker's Bad Fur Day was known at first for its unashamedly immature, M-rated content, dialogue, and story. It appealed to those who liked stupid humor, bad jokes, and raunchy content. Now, don't get me wrong, that was actually a positive for the game, because Rare pulled it off with such high energy that the game became a hilarious blast to play. Whether you were causing mice to explode by overfeeding them, whacking a boiler robot in the testicles with a frying pan, or facing a massive singing pile of excrement, the game had plenty of gross but funny scenarios that were thrown at you with wild abandon.

The thing is, though, that Conker's Bad Fur Day wasn't JUST an excuse to see how many fart jokes one could fit into a game. The platforming and gameplay were all excellent. The level design was tight, the game world absolutely huge, and the story was actually quite entertaining. There were challenges, there were tricky jumps, there were clever and creative bosses - in short, there was everything you could ask for in a platformer.

The graphics were also the absolute best the Nintendo 64 had to offer. They were crisp, smooth, detailed, and the draw distance was farther than any other N64 game had ever done. No buildings suddenly popping up, or clouds of polygon fog here, folks.

To top it all off, there was full voice-acting! On the Nintendo 64! The game was a technical marvel and a treat to play, provided you could take a moment to be immature enough to appreciate it. Those that did found a sprawling game that offered challenges, humor, and some of the best 3D platforming on the Nintendo 64 hands down.

I won't cry if Mario 64 makes it past this round over Conker, but it definitely shouldn't be a squash.

Super Mario 64 deserves to win this round, therefore it has my vote. It redefined platformers while taking them into the 64 era and new graphic styles. Conkers Bad Furday however is a game I'm not a fan of due to its content and how in my opinion it destroyed the character of Conker from Diddy Kong Racing. That type of content has no place in gaming in my opinion.... So.... I'm voting for Mario because it's a better game AND had a massive impact on the gaming world.

I'm also voting for Super Mario 64 here. I think Conker was hilarious, and a blast to play. If I had both games here right now, I'd play Conker. The problem BFD had was that there was nothing to do once you beat it. No side quests, no finishing what you missed, nothing. You beat it, you moved on, regardless of how fun the advanture was.

Super Mario 64 had alot in it to do, and even after you beat Bowser, there was likely stars left over for you to collect.

Also, it's Super Mario 64!!! Frig!!!

Super Mario 64 was never my cup of tea, and I can't really explain why. I think it's because it took the 2D world I was so used to Mario occupying and made it 3D, something little JGlass was not prepared for. Little JGlass was also not prepared for a drinking, cursing, horny squirrel with blood lust, but I welcomed this character with open arms. In addition to being hilarious, Conkers Bad Furday also has an awesome multiplayer mode that provided my friends and I hours of endless entertainment. There was nothing like sawing a teddy bear in half with a chainsaw or mowing down squirrels with a chain gun.

Mario 64 probably deserves to win, but I'm rolling with Conker for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back