2014 NBA Playoffs Predictions

tripolie atche

Pre-Show Stalwart
I forgot to do this earlier so here it goes:

East

#1 Indiana vs. #8 Atlanta - Sure IND has struggled mightily since the All-Star break, including getting blown out by ATL at home a couple of weeks ago, but that'll be fresh on the Pacers' mind so they'll know not to take them lightly. ATL will be competitive and they'll win a game at home, but that'll be it. Pacers in 5.

#2 Miami vs. #7 Charlotte - I like the direction Steve Clifford and the Bobcats are heading in, but CHA is 0-15 against MIA since the formation of "The Big Three," so this series will end quickly as well. Hopefully, the Bobcats can win at least one game because they've never won a playoff game in their history and it'll give them even more hope for next season. Kemba & Al should carry them to at least one, but like in the IND-ATL series, this will end in 5 as well. Heat in 5.

#3 Toronto vs. #6 Brooklyn - I'm sure the popular pick is BKN due to their experience, but TOR is a deeper team and could prove to be too quick for the older Nets team to handle in transition. This will go seven games, but TOR having homecourt will help them advance into Round 2. Raptors in 7.

#4 Chicago vs. #5 Washington - No Derrick Rose...NO PROBLEM! After watching them eliminate BKN last year on the road in Game 7 with a depleted roster, I know never to count out Thibs especially against an inexperienced team like the Wizards. I'm sure CHIs offense may look like they don't belong in this series, giving the Wizards a win or two. However, Thibs will find a way to contain John Wall, & CHIs defense will be too overwhelming for the Wizards to overcome. Bulls in 6.

West

#1 San Antonio vs. #8 Dallas - These two teams have had some great playoff battles over the past decade or so, but I would be surprised if this series went past five games. Even if Manu, Duncan, and/or Parker got injured, the Spurs would still be too deep for DAL to handle. Everyone should know by now that Pop & the Spurs won’t fuck around & they’ll be motivated to embarrass one of their interstate rivals. Also, DAL hasn’t beaten SA in two years, so how can anyone expect them to beat SA four times in about two weeks? Spurs in 5.

#2 Oklahoma City vs. #7 Memphis - While Gasol & Randolph will make it tough for the OKC, having Westbrook this time around should help the Thunder advance into Round 2. It won’t be easy, but Durant will prove to be too much for MEM to handle in a grueling seven-game series. Thunder in 7.

#3 LA Clippers vs. #6 Golden State - This is the first round series I’m looking forward to the most & it’ll be a fun series to watch, but there won’t be an upset in this series. Curry and GS’s three-point shooting will always make things interesting for their opponents. However, CP3, Blake, Jordan, & LAC’s bench will overcome the Warriors, who aren’t as deep as the Clippers. It also doesn’t help that GS will be without Bogut, but I probably would’ve picked the Clippers regardless of his status lol. Clippers in 6.

#4 Houston vs. #5 Portland - If Beverley wasn't healthy, I probably would’ve leaned towards POR winning this series because HOU isn’t as strong defensively with him out of the lineup and Lillard would’ve owned Lin the entire series. However with Beverley and D12 both healthy, not to mention POR struggling on defense against HOU this past season, I think the Rockets won’t have as big a problem advancing. Rockets in 6.

My second round matchups would be: #1 Indiana vs. #4 Chicago, #2 Miami vs. #3 Toronto, #1 San Antonio vs. #4 Houston, & #2 Oklahoma City vs. #3 LA Clippers.

I went 5-3 in the First Round.

East

#1 Indiana vs. #5 Washington - While the Wiz couldn’t have looked any better against the Bulls, & IND couldn’t have looked any worse against the Hawks, I still expect the Pacers to find a way to get to the Conference Finals. Yes, Roy Hibbert has been god awful the past few weeks/month, but he should matchup better against Gortat & Nene & should do better against them than he did against the Hawks. (NOTE: I made these predictions on Sunday night lol). While Wall & Beal should make things interesting & potentially give IND fits, I think IND advances since they are deeper, have played at this stage before, and because Paul George will be the best player in this series. IND will finally flip the switch. Pacers in 6.

#2 Miami vs. #6 Brooklyn - Yes BKN swept MIA 4-0 in the regular season, but it could’ve easily been the other way around as three of BKNs wins against the Heat were by 1 point each, while the other BKN win came in double-OT (Yes, they won that game by 9 points but MIA was w/o D-Wade & LeBron fouled out I believe in the 1st OT). I know by now not to count out KG & Pierce against their MIA comrades, but with Bosh, a healthy Wade, and some guy named LeBron, the Heat will advance. They should be well rested for this series, while the older Nets team just escaped TOR in 7 games a few days ago. Also, Deron just hasn’t been 100% all season, & while this series won’t be short, I just don’t think MIA will be seriously challenged in this one. Heat in 6.

West

#1 San Antonio vs. #5 Portland - As much as I want to see POR win this series, the Trail Blazers had one of the worst benches in the NBA this past season while SA had one of the best. While Lillard & Aldridge may give SAs defense fits at times during this series, they won’t play as great against Pop & the Spurs as they did against HOU. Spurs in 6.

#2 Oklahoma City vs. #3 LA Clippers - This is going to be a fun series & the one I’m looking forward to the most out of all the 2nd round matchups. Despite the whole Donald Sterling distraction the Clippers franchise is currently facing, and will continue to face for as long as they remain in this postseason, I’m going with LAC to advance. Neither team is that great defensively, so I expect the “stars” in this series to play extremely well. However, the difference will be that CP3 will give Westbrook troubles, while DJ & Blake play well against Ibaka, Perk, & Steven Adams (the latter two rarely offer anything from an offensive standpoint). Also, I like LAC’s depth more than I do OKC’s, so I also expect Redick, Barnes, & Crawford to play well, especially from three-point territory. Clippers in 7.

My conference finals matchups would be: #1 Indiana vs. #2 Miami & #1 San Antonio vs. #3 LA Clippers.

I went 3-1 in the Second Round.

East

#1 Indiana vs. #2 Miami - Well, NBA fans have been waiting for this playoffs rematch for about a year now & it’s finally here. For this past season, IND has been saying how much they needed home-court throughout the playoffs, & even though they are 3-4 at home in these playoffs lol, I think the third time will be the charm as they get past MIA & into the NBA Finals. MIA struggles against size & I expect the Roy Hibbert from last year’s ECF to show up in this series (I think he averaged 20 & 10 in the 2013 ECF). LeBron vs. Paul George & Lance Stephenson vs. Dwyane Wade are the two matchups I’m looking forward to (especially the latter after Lance opened his mouth about how he was going to try & make Wade’s knee “flare up” haha). However, the MVP of this series IMO will be David West since the MIA bigs’ focus will be on Mr. Hibbert for most of the time. The main reason IND lost last year’s ECF was because of turnovers, so if they can keep it down for the most part, then they should win this series in 7 games. Pacers in 7.

West

#1 San Antonio vs. #2 Oklahoma City - I was leaning towards picking SA to advance minutes after OKC eliminated LAC, but with the news that Ibaka is done for the remainder of the playoffs, SA should have no trouble going back to the NBA Finals. Yes, OKC swept SA 4-0 in the regular season, but none of that matters now. SA is too deep and that “Hero Ball” shit OKC tries to pull off won’t even be close enough to take out the Spurs. Also, Kawhi did a pretty good job on LeBron in last year’s Finals, so it shouldn’t be a surprise if he has success guarding KD in this series. So, unless Ibaka makes a miraculous return by Game 1 or 2 & if OKC gets permission from HOU to rent James Harden for the WCF only, then this series won’t be as long as many still expect it to be. Spurs in 5.

My 2014 NBA Finals matchup would be: #1 San Antonio vs. #1 Indiana.

Went 1-1 in the Conference Finals.

2014 NBA Finals

#1 San Antonio vs. #2 Miami - While the Spurs are much deeper & Kawhi did a pretty good job guarding LeBron in last year's Finals, I think MIA will three-peat & defeat the Spurs for the second straight season. Yes, SA has homecourt this time around, but D-Wade hasn't shown any signs of his knees giving him problems this postseason, Bosh played pretty well towards the end of the IND series, and LeBron James is well.....he's LeBron James. Also, Tony Parker won't be 100% & while I did say SA is much deeper if he proves to be ineffective or if his ankle injury forces him to miss a game or two, Parker's injury could be enough for MIA to beat the Spurs again since they don't have a two-man show like OKC does. This should be another good series, but it won't be as good as last year's. Heat in 6.

2014 NBA Finals MVP: LeBron James.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back