• Shad Gaspard

• Vance Archer

• MVP

• Kaval

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Chosen One of WZ

Even TNA cant ruin ECW for me
They happen to good and bad wrestlers alike but some of them really get to us.

Here is the WWE class of 2010 future endeaours:
January 4th: Tommy Dreamer
January 17th: Eric Escobar
Feburary 26th: Paul Burchill
Feburary 26th: The Hurricane a.k.a Gregory Helms
Feburary 26th: Maria
Feburary 28th: Charlie Haas
April 22nd: Katie Lea
April 22nd: Shelton Benjamin
April 22nd: Kung Fn Naki a.k.a Funaki
April 22nd: Slam Master J a.k.a (Jesse from Jesse & Festus)
April 22nd: Jimmy Wang Yang
April 22nd: Mike Knox
April 26th: Mickie James
May 21st: Carlito
June 23rd: Savannah (was also ring announcer for season one of NXT)
August 27th: Serena
October 12th: Jamie Keyes (from NXT season 3)
October 15th: Matt Hardy
November 19th: Shad Gaspard
November 19th: Luke Gallows
November 19th: Vance Archer
November 19th: Caylen Croft
November 19th: Tiffany
November 19th: Jillian
December 2nd: MVP
December 23rd: Kaval

Note: This list does not include wrestlers that have since returned to WWE.

Releases range from public disfaction with company (Matt Hardy) to Publicly contridicting WWE gimmick (Serena)

My question to you is who would you like to see back in the WWE? And if back what would you do with them?

My choice would either have to be MVP and Kaval as they both were good in the ring and can be good on the microphone and really to extremely over with the fans. Would both be good in IC chase on Smackdown and boost the mid card.

I'd take Kaval back and create a 'wrestlers' faction with Danielson, Punk and Tyler Black who's sole mission is to take out 'Sports Entertainers' and to balk at wrestling the WWe way - Punk'd be great as the mouthpiece and all four guys can go in the ring so amp up the stiffness, sit back and enjoy them cutting through the roster.

There are actually very few people on this list that I would have any interest in seeing back in the WWE. On the male side of the coin, I wouldn't mind seeing MVP back there, as well as Shelton Benjamin or even Paul Burchill, although even Burchill is a bit of a stretch. I was always a fan of MVP and I feel that if he were brought back and returned to his heel persona, where he is more naturally suited, he could potentially see a career resurgence. He was terrible as a face, but as a cocky heel, I always felt he was pretty good.

The vast majority of the other guys above were dead weight and WWE is better off without them. If they want to try to make it in the indies or in TNA, I wish them well, but they either were not good enough to be in the big leagues in the first place, or were simply past their prime.

On the ladies side, I would love to see Jillian Hall back, because I always thought she had promise in the ring but was handicapped with the ridiculous singing gimmick. Give her some time off for the fans to forget about that, re-package her, and she could be at least decent in the ring. Serena was never given the opportunity to show what she could supposedly do in the ring, and I for one would love to see her given a shot to showcase her talents. And of course, I would never argue with a return by Maria, simply because she's pretty hot.

All of this being said, there's really no great loss among any of the future endeavored talent from 2010. WWE has a strong roster as we enter 2011 in my opinion, and there's no reason to feel , in my opinion, that their potential in the new year is in any way hindered by the loss of any of their lost talent.

To be blatantly honest, I wouldn'y really like to see any of those people back here. When these suoerstars became future endeavored, the reason they were was either because they were jobbers (low-carders), didn't really have much to do in the business, couldn't handle the big leagues, asked for their release, or ultimately, did something wrong to cause thier release. In other words, no real reason to bring any of them back.

If anything, from the male wrestlers, the only person that I would really want to see brought back is Kaval. Kaval, although being reduced to nothing more than a jobber prior to his release, had great potential and could have really worked if portraying an underdog like persona. Something similar to Rey Mysterio, but not completely similar. As for the divas that were released, I guess either Maria or Mickie James. Maria because she was hot and Mickie James because she was actually a pretty good Diva. But alas, I digress, Mickie is in TNA (I think) and Maria is elsewhere exploring other aspects of life

In the end, I really don't want to see any of these wrestlers (or divas) back. They served their time and were ultimately released for whatever reason. And really, they never really amounted to anything so they aren't missed. At least, not by me.

Paul Burchill

Believe it or not, I loved this guy. I've seen most of Paul Burchill's matches outside of the WWE and Paul trully is the total package when it comes to in ring abilty, promos and mic ability and charisma. I've followed and watched a lot of Paul's matches in OVW and some on Youtube. He was never utillized to his full potential in his WWE career. During the WWE he was never used, and when he was, he was jobbing which is a shame. He was certainly someone who could run for the Intercontinental Championship or US Championship. A very underrated wrestler.

Shelton Benjamin

Like Paul, he was never used right. This guy had awesome talent in the ring. Not the greatest talker or charamatic but the WWE made a huge mistake releasing him. Tell me how perfect he would be booked now against the likes of Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler or alberto Del Rio. Jizz would flow all over the IWC. Remember his impressive showings at Wrestlemanias in the Money in the Ban ladder matches. A great wrestler. I really cannot wait until he proves himself outside of the WWE to prove he really is a great wrestler. I wish he'd come back and is actually used right.

Kaval

Same for this guy. Never used right but has all the talent in the ring. Just how, could the WWE be so foolish to let him go. I mean the matches this guy could put on with guys like Mysterio or Evan Bourne. He could've been used great. I think the WWE made a huge mistake. Kind of like the Daniel Bryan firing in the summer. A great highflyer and a great in ring performer. I'm hoping the WWE tries to get him back and actually use him.

Shelton Benjamin: He got my vote. Whether he was underutilized or didn't care, the man had enough talent physically that he didnt need to stand out on the mic. His match with Christian at last year's TLC PPV was one of my favorite matches of 2009. He fell off the radar from there, and was feuding with Vance Archer of all people for awhile. I was hoping upon his drafting to Smackdown he'ld get a substantial push, but it never came to be.

I thought we might see a Benjamin/Swagger program after Swagger cashed in his MITB briefcase. Swagger taunted Shelton and told him that he was the "Gold Standard" now. He was released the next week. A return with Haas to re-form the WGTT would certainly do alot to reinvigorate the tag team division, so Id love to see the two of them return together. It won't happen, but one can wish.

Mickie James: I love me some Mickie, if you can't tell from my avatar. If she's happy in TNA then all the power in the world to her, but she added such a great personality to the Women's division. It's good to see her main eventing Impact epiosodes, but Id rather see her within WWE, as she was one of the most credible women's wrestlers Ive seen. Her matches tended to be more then a bathroom break for me, and I enjoyed her work immensely. As I said, if she's happy in TNA, then all the power to her. I just think she helped re-invigorate the Women's division once when she debuted in 2005, and she could do it again.

Eric Escobar: I thought he had a good thing going in his storyline with Vickie, and WWE suddenly ended the storyline, then dropped him as well. I read an interview with him that he was just told they had "nothing for him", and I was suprised because he seemed very charismatic and poised on the mic. He was decent in the ring as well, and was becoming a sympathetic figure in his feud with Vickie. He used to team with Primo in FCW, where they were the tag team champions. I just think they dropped the ball on a guy who had a good look and decent wrestling ability. If brought back, he's a guy Id re-team with Primo in order to help strengthen the tag team division. He was just dropped before he was really given a chance to maximize his potential, which i felt was substantial.

Wow, they released enough people to fill either roster. Anyway, No real big loss on this list in terms of character. In terms of in ring- Shelton, Jillian, Kaval, Jimmy Wang Yang, and Slam Master J (saw these tag at a house and they were fantastic). Jillian I heard was a lot better than WWE let her be so she should have been a trainer (Teach the divas something besides sitting on your lap Vince) and Kaval could've replace Rey as the high flying merch seller with the vest. Marketing dep. really dropped the ball. I never really saw the others that much so I'll say hopefully they are being used better in other places.

Wow, I didn't realize THAT many wrestler's got released this year.

Personally (and I know most people on these forum's will NOT agree) but I would love to see Matt hardy back in the WWE ring. Only because he's been in the WWE ever since I Started watching back in 1999, and was alway's one of my personal favorites. I just felt he was Underrated not only by the WWE, but by "Smart marks" in general.

But other than That, I would like to See MVP and kaval come back. Kaval shouldn't of left..PERIOD. He may not have been happy with that creative was doing with him, but they probably would of put the IC title on him at some point, maybe even a feud with Rey mysterio.

MVP had so much potential as a heel, but his face turn ruined his career. I know that's a bold statement, but I'm standing by it.

I voted for MVP but I want Caylen Croft and Vance Archer to be picked up again so that WWE can reunite some Tag Teams to beef up the non-existent Tag Team Division. I'm tired of singles competitors teaming up randomly and holding the Tag Titles

Honestly, I could think of something for at least half the people on that list. The main people who I'd like to see back wrestling full-time in some shape or fashion, be it in the WWE, TNA, ROH, or wherever.

1. Shelton Benjamin- The WWE desperately needs midcard babyfaces. I could see him on Smackdown going for the I-C Belt, or teaming with Charlie to get the Tag Belts.

2. Carlito- Either teaming with his brother or as a midcard heel on Raw.

3. M.V.P.- I'd have him challenge for the I-C Title as a midcard face on Smackdown, and eventually turn him heel.

4. Charlie Haas- Teaming with Shelton Benjamin

5. Kaval- As a midcard face on Smackdown. Challenging for and eventually winning the I-C title. I'd also continue the relationship with Layla from NXT. I thought that was really entertaining, and they should have kept that going.

6. Mickie James- As a Main Babyface Diva on Raw.

7. Hurricane Helms- As a Backstage Interviewer and wrestler. Like he was doing with the Gregory Helms/Hurricane gimmick on ECW.

8. Caylen Croft- As part of the Dudebusters on Smackdown challenging for the Tag Team Title. They'd be the WWE's version of the Motor City Machine Guns. Young, sarcastic, babyfaces who love playing video games and hitting on chicks.

9. Vance Archer- On Smackdown as a member of the Gatecrashers Tag-Team.

10. Shad Gaspard- On Smackdown as a Part of Cryme Tyme. They'd at least get 1 reign as champions. They should have gotten the belts a long time ago.

This is 10 people on this list that I can find something to do, and the creative team can't? What is Vince McMahon paying these people to do?

I'd take Kaval back and create a 'wrestlers' faction with Danielson, Punk and Tyler Black who's sole mission is to take out 'Sports Entertainers' and to balk at wrestling the WWe way - Punk'd be great as the mouthpiece and all four guys can go in the ring so amp up the stiffness, sit back and enjoy them cutting through the roster.

Though it´s probably a zero percentage chance that such a stable will form, I for one absolutely loved that idea.

Now for those wrestlers that I would like to see being rehired:

Kaval - If someone like Daniel Bryan says your the most talented wrestler he has ever faced, then that is reason enough to keep him on the roster.

Mike Knox - There aren't many wrestlers left in WWE that could portray a monster gimmick. Knox would fit perfectly for that. Good wrestler too.

Gregory Helms - Maybe the Hurricane gimmick is a little cheesy, but he is
charismatic and can wrestle better than most guys in WWE.

Very easily I select Shelton Benjamin, he is the best wrestler out of those names listed (Yes, even better than Kaval) and I Always was a huge fan of his. He had a great run with the US Title and I can see him being used a lot better if he comes back for another run with the WWE. He could put on GREAT matches, and if his mic work gets better (he was making HUGE improvements) he could be a Mid Card to Main Event material. Yes, I said it.

Bring back Shelton! and maybe even Charlie Haas (if you wanted to really give the tag team division a boost) Shelton was great in MiTB and his athletic talents dwarf almost 95% of the entire WWE roster. The man is a natural athlete. I do believe he will be back as if I remember correctly he just wanted to finish up his education which to be honest is very respectable. WWE could give him a HUGE IC/US Title push when/if he finally does return and he could put on some really good high flying matches, ladder matches etc etc with a lot of the younger talent. Shelton is a valuable asset even if Vince doesn't fully see him as such.

Such Superstars As Benjamin , Hass , Carlito And Mvp Didnt Deserve To Go . Nor Did Kaval .

Shelton Benjamin - Was The Star Of The Midcard , Always Going For The Midcard Titles (Us And Intercontinental ) And His Teaming With Charile Hass Was Supreme .
It Was A Shame To See A Wrestle With Athletesim As Shelton Go .

Charile Hass-Why Did They Make Him Do Gimmicks Of Other Wrestles , Okay It Was Funny , Lets Have It Stright Though , He Was Great In A Team With Shelton And Was And Alrite Wrestler Give Him His Due .

Carlito-Was Anthoer Mid Card Wrestler Who Was Going For The Titles And A Was Teamimg Okay With His Brother Primo. I Was Shocked To See Him Go , He Would Of Compete Well With Tyson Kidd , Hart Smith , Husky Harris , R-Truth , Kaval , Ted DiBaise, Cody Rhodes , Drew Mcintrye . They Would Of All Compete Well Vs Him .

Kaval-Didnt Get A Chance In My Eyes , I Never Seen Him Too Much On Smackdown . I Dont Watch Superstars So I Didnt See Him There . A Move To Raw Might Of Went Down Alot More Changling With Wrestles Like Harris , McGillycutty , Kofi ... Even More To Name .

For me, there were 3 that were future endeavored that I felt could have done well still in the WWE, or I felt were underused.

1. Shelton Benjamin: I enjoyed his character from the beginning in Team Angle, and then when they brought in Shelton's Momma, I personally found their routines entertaining. Inside the ring, I wish Shelton was pushed more in singles competition, because he is such a gifted athlete.

2. Kaval: What was the point of signing him to keep him in the minors for so long and then when he got called up, didn't amount to much. Like with Shelton, I enjoy Kaval's work, majority of it was when he was Senshi in TNA, but I didn't see much of his WWE work outside of NXT (I don't watch Smackdown much)

3. Maria: When she was used, I enjoyed both looking/listening to her and watching her work in the ring when she actually wrestled. She wanted to pursue other venues though. I would have loved to see her wrestle more though.:icon_neutral:

i voted for kaval but wouldnt mind seeing hurricane as hes the only 1 out of these guys wwe like as he was meant to win the wwe title from triple h in 2003 but didnt

I went with 'other.'

Luke Gallows gets my pick. He was very good at whatever gimmick they dressed him up in. Great big man worker. That work with SES vs Big Show prolly wouldn't been as good if it was someone else taking the spot Luke had. Plus, I really liked his 'big brother' role he had with Darren Young on NXT.

Everyone else in the poll though.. The WWE tried, but if you suck, you got no one to blame but yourself.

I voted MVP.

I loved his first US title reign on Smackdown and how well he worked with Matt Hardy.

Then things fell apart when he turned face when he moved to RAW.

I really don't care about the rest.

I'd probably have to go with Kaval. He was unique and stood out from other wrestlers in the WWE. His matches had a lot of energy and exciting offense. I'm actually hoping that the WWE will bring him back onto the roster at the end of the 90 day no compete clause and is given a serious push.

Most of the other wrestlers listed, I don't care all that much.

Tommy Dreamer - I have no love for this guy at all. When I think of ECW alumni that are extremely overrated, which includes almost all of them, this is the one that immediately pops up first. He comes across like a whining bitch on his promos and, on his very very best day, he's average in the ring.

The Hurricane - I hated this guy's gimmick, always did and always will. He was very solid inside the ring and I did enjoy watching him wrestle. He just never really interested me all that much. We all know that Shane Helms is a mid-carder for life, he was never going to make it to the main event picture. He's another one of these guys that views himself as being much better than he actually did and talks shit when he gets released. Just shows how unprofessional he is in my view as the WWE kept him on the payroll, continuing to pay him while he was out for well over a year rehabing injuries.

Charlie Haas - Another guy with delusions of grandeur really. Like Benjamin, the time when he was most over with the crowd was when he was part of Team Angle and that was due mostly to Kurt Angle. I will say that I think that the WWE did misuse him a lot. He was never really given the same chances as Benjamin but, in the end, it's no big loss.

Shelton Benjamin is an extremely overrated IWC darling. The WWE gave him lots of pushes, lots of title runs and he was always the same old boring, zero personality guy that he was when he first showed up. Benjamin couldn't get over and that's due to Benjamin himself.

Mike Knox - I actually liked Mike Knox. He had a unique look about him, strong and healthy looking but he didn't look like a gym rat. I thought that this guy could've been the next Bruiser Brody. I think Knox is one of those guys that just really isn't able to click. His matches were fun to watch but the guy didn't have all that much of a personality. I wouldn't mind if he came back but it probably wouldn't amount to much.

Carlito - Carlito is well known for having an attitude and, at times, to just being downright lazy. It looked as though he and Primo were about to get a push and be back in the tag team scene, then he winds up failing a drug test and refused to go to rehab. This is extremely cut and dry in my opinion. Carlito refused to go to rehab so the WWE had to cover its own ass just as they did with Umaga.

Matt Hardy - To me, Matt Hardy is the epitome of overrated. I've never been a fan of him and I just don't understand what so many people see in him. His mic work is horrible and he's average at best inside the ring. The only times that Matt Hardy has excelled has been when he's been involved in something with his brother Jeff or carried in feuds by much more talented wrestlers, such as during his feud with Edge. I'm just completely bored by this guy. The WWE has given him lots of pushes & title runs as a singles wrestler, but the guy's about as much fun to watch most of the time as watching grass grow.

Shad Gaspard - Meh, no real loss here. There's just not really much to say about the guy. There are guys his size in the WWE that are simply head and shoulders above him in every measurable way. Just nothing special about him.

Vance Archer - I liked Archer ok. He was solid inside the ring, had good presence and a good look. I liked him teaming with Curt Hawkins and thought that they'd be a legitimate and welcome force in the tag team scene. I think Archer had potential if the WWE had really just given him a chance.

MVP - MVP is someone that I think improved a lot in 2010 inside the ring. His matches used to be slow, low energy and downright choppy but he stepped up his game in 2010 and his matches were overall much better than they'd been. I hated most of his signature moves, however, and he had some of the outright weakest and fake looking out there. I think that MVP is someone that wants to be in the main event and realized that it's probably just not gonna happen in the WWE now. I think that ship has, however, and both MVP & WWE basically just acknowledged it to each other I think.

Kaval - Kaval was unique and stood out. His matches had a lot of energy and his matches were just plain fun to watch. I'm actually hoping that the WWE pulls something similar with Kaval as they did with Bryan Danielson. They bring him back just as the 90 day no compete clause is about to expire and give him a big push. I still think the thing with Bryan was a work and this might be as well. The WWE is allowing Kaval to wrestle on the indy circuit as long as he doesn't appear on a show with a national tv deal, the exact same thing they did with Bryan.

MVP: I loved his heel character. He reminded me so much of Terrell Owens which made me hate him. He bragged about his enormous contract and his talents. I loved how the guy would show boat in the ring...I swear a Heel MVP vs. Face John Cena would be a huge match....WWE made a mistake making him Face, which killed him.

Shelton Benjamin: I don't get where the guy went...He beat HHH 3 times and was the Hottest thing in Wrestling....I actually loved it when he brought his momma into the story as well when he worked as a heel..and a program against Jack Swagger for like the IC title would be great and everyone who loves "Wrestling" would love it too..yes he isnt the greatest promo worker but JOMO isnt either and look where he is at.

Mickie James: well for one I loved the way she looked...she had curves which i loved so much...but as well with that she was a great wrestler...even the girls looked up to her and i liked her message weather she meant it or not...you didn't have to be blond and anorexic to be beautiful...i think the womens division needed her...i mean with only Maryse, Beth Phoenix, Natayla, and Melina...the womens division needs her

other than that the rest deserved there pink slips...and Matt's was long LONG over due!

I voted for Shelton. Tough there were others I would have voted for. To be honest, and call me a dumbass if you want, I didnt even know Shad was released. But then, I don't really care. He was never a priority to me.

I would like to see Kavel back, just because his potential wasn't reached. I would have loved to see a run of him vs Rey. I think that would have stabalized him.

Carlito was always one of my favorites. He had great mike skills, and always entertained me. In some ways, he reminded me a bit of Scott Hall. I went ape shit last year when he confronted Cena a week before TLC against Sheamus. That was the last time I saw him. I miss him.

I have digressed though. I picked Shelton because he is by far the most talented guy to get released this year. He should have won MITB so many times. He had carisma up the ass, and even more talent. It is the saddest thing WWE did this year.

Everyone else, though most I like, it doesnt bother me as much. I expected Matt to be released. I am a fan, but I think he is better off going to TNA, or just going into retirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back