2009 Grammy Nominations have been anounced.

My$terio_Fan

I can do whatever I want
Tonight was a big night in music, since the 2009 grammy nominations were revealed. I am a huge music fan and I always get pumped for the Grammy's.
Here are the nominations in the "big 4 categories"

Record of the Year
Chasing Pavements: Adele
Viva la vida: Coldplay
Bleeding Love: Leona Lewis
Paper Planes: MIA
Please Read the Letter: Robert Plant & Alison Krause

Album of the Year
Viva la Vida or death and all his friends: Coldplay
Tha Carter 3: Lil Wayne
Year of the Gentleman: Ne-Yo
Raising Sand: Robert Plant & Alison Krause
In Rainbows: RadioHead

Song of the Year:
Chasing Pavements: Adele
Viva la vida: Coldplay
American Boy: Estelle
I'm Yours: Jason Mraz
Love Song: Sara Barielles

New Artist:
Lady Antebellum
Jonas Brothers
Adele
Duffy
Jasimine Sullivan

The nominations were pretty decent this year. Leona Lewis was snubbed hard for New Artist. I also cannot believe the Jonas Brothers are now Grammy nominees. It also seems like a British invasion with Adele, Estelle, Leona, Coldplay, ect.

SO what do you think of these nominations? Who do you think was snubbed?

I see Coldplay or Plant/Krause winning album, record and song. As for Best New Artist it will most likely come down to Adele Vs. Duffy althoug Sullivan is a big dark horse.

The Jonas Brothers do not even deserve a record label, how did they even get a Grammy nomination? And I agree that Leona should be in the new artist category, she could easily replace the Jonas Brothers. She has more talent, more hits, and she is just all around better than them.

Coldplay win Record, Artist and Song of the Year. I can't see anything that can oppose them in any of those three categories. Coldplay were really successful this year, more successful than the other nominees, and they can't really lose to the others. I can't even think of an upset that could happen. Coldplay easily.

I have only heard of Duffy and the Jonas Brothers in the New Artist category. I'm pretty sure there's no chance in hell that the Jons Brother's will win, so Duffy may in it. But the situations probably different in America. We'll see what happens.

While Coldplay is a heavy favorite in thoes 3 categories, I could see Robert Plant & Alison Krause taking album, Leona taking record though, but it's Coldplay's award to lose. For new artist I think Duffy & Adele may cancell each other out, leaving Lady A(there a country band), Jasmine Sullivan(urban chick)and Jonas Brothers. New Artist is very hard to predict this year since there is no stand out like Amy Winehouse was.

Lil Wayne leads the nominations with 8(hard to believe), while Kanye West got 6 nominations. 4 former American Idol contestants recived nominations(Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, Fantasia, Jordin Sparks).

Let me just say that I am absolutely disgusted with the Grammy's this year. How the hell did Lil Wayne get 8 nominations? How? His music is absolute shit. There is no way to defend it, it's the epitome of the shit that rappers do. I am, though, happy for Kanye West, the only rapper I like. He's had a great year, starting with Stronger and ending with 808's and Heartbreak.

Looking at RotY, it really comes down to Viva la Vida, Paper Planes, and Please Read the Letter. M.I.A. is the obvious dark horse, and I don't see her winning the award here. Viva la Vida is a great song, but the Grammy's could pull a fast one like they did last year and give it to Plant and Krause. In the end, Coldplay will take this one.

Album of the Year, again, comes down to Coldplay and P&K. This is where I see the duo taking home the Grammy, seeing how Viva la Vida, to me, doesn't hold up as an album. So, definitely Plant and Krause here.

I don't know why, but I see Love Song taking home SotY. Barielles isn't a bad talent at all, and Love Song is actually pretty good. So, I see Barielles, the dark horse of SotY IMO, taking home the award.

I won't even touch on New Artist, seeing how 2008 hasn't produced one. But I will say that, sadly, Jonas Brothers will take this one. Just face the facts.

So that wraps up the big 4, so in closing I'll say that I think Metallica will clean house in the Rock genre. My Apocolypse, the WORST song Death Magnetic IMO, will take home Best Hard Rock Performance, but it'll be close. They'll take home Best Instrumental as well, seeing how Metallica hasn't put out a bad instrumental ever, again IMO. But, I'm confused if Metallica is nominated for Best Rock or Best Hard Rock album. but they'll win regardless. They're also nominated for Best Packaging or something, which they'll win thanks to Mission:Metallica.

I'll also say that Rick Rubin has a good shot at winning Best Producer or something to that effect. Not just because of his great work on Death Magnetic, but because he produces some great albums in general, including the last 5 (soon to be 6, then 7) Johnny Cash albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back