2007 NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this thread has gone quite and seems like I'm the only one posting here anymore....

Anyways Detroit finally played like a team that could win a championship last night by eliminating the Bulls in 6. It was good try by the Bulls but the better team won as Billiups and Hamilton are just to much for Gordon and Hinrich. But Detroit will win in 6 against whoever wins the Nets and Cavs series as Detroit is the better team against both teams. The only way the Cavs stand a chance is if King James pulls a D-wade from last year and carries his team to a series win as lately he has not been the man to lead his team to a victory as he doesn't show up in the fourth quarter. Though i do expect the Cavs to win tonight and win the series in 6.

In the west Utah is a team that is coming on and can play with both the Spurs and Suns. though i hope Phoenix wins tonight and we have a game 7 as it be fitting with all the suspensions and what not to have the last game with both teams at full strength playing to see what team is really the best and advance to the western finals.

Eastern Conference Finals
(1) Detriot Pistons vs (2) Cleveland Cavaliers
So far this series looks like it will be a good defensive battle, but I just feel that over time the Pistons offensive and defesnive be too much for the Cavs. King james can only do so much and he needs to do more than what he did in game 1. Be a good series but Pistons in 5.

Western Conference Finals
(3) San Antonio Spurs vs (4) Utah Jazz
This series looks so bad and on paper it looked good. The frist two games show the weakness of the Jazz as they just can not score on that Spur defense. Plus the Jazz seem to have no idea how to play ball in the first half and in the second they can. Well we will see how the Jazz pay at home but i just see the Spurs winning in 5

the spurs right now are just dominating the jazz, mostly in the first half, the second hand the jazz can keep up with the spurs, i just dont see why they dont do that the whole game, if they would, who knows it may be 1-1

The game between the Pistons and Cavs game two was another close game that King James didn't take over once again. I really felt he was doing a good job in the first half being aggressive and getting his teammates involved in the game. Yet, in the second half he did the complete opposite and the Pistons came back and won again. King James needs to realize he needs to be like D-Wade was last year and take over a series as if he don't the Cavs will continue to lose close games like the last two to the pistons.

Yeah LeBron just needs to take over, strap the Cavs to his back and force his way thru the Pistons. Thats the only way the Cavs have a chance, and being 2-0 down.. I dont think they really have much of a chance left.

Props to him for trying to be unselfish, lord knoews there are to many selfish stars in the NBA that only think about themselves. But the time for that is not now, James doesnt have a good enough supporting cast to just be able to sit back. Yes there are some good players on that Cavs team, but James is the mega star he needs to take control and take control now.

Well good points bro, but we get too see what King James is all about as tonight in Game 3 it will be either put up or shit up time as if the Cavs stand anychance in coming back and winning this series its all depends on this game 3.

But how about that Spurs and Jazz game 3. I must say the Jazz suprised me as i figured they be sweept but they played a good game espically Boozer and Williams. If Okur can play the kind of defense he played ysterday on Duncan the Jazz stand a chance though i doubt the Spurs and Duncan will play that bad again.

WOW! That is all i can say about LeBron James game yesterday against the Detroit Pistons. The man scored 48 points and the last 29 of 30 points for his teams in the 4th and the 2 overtime periods. That was a great performance from King James. I mean Detroit did all they could to stop him defensively from getting the ball out of his hands, trapping and doubling but still nothing worked as James was on a roll and he showed dare i say some Michael like game. Still a playoff performance that will go down as a great one and maybe the playoff break game for LeBron. All i know now is that Cleveland is the better team as this whole series Cleveland has looked as the better team. Hopefully they can close it out Saturday in game 6 as if they lose that game like last year that be such a blow to them...heres to a Cavs and Spurs final :D

Yeah what a game from Lebron. Just took the cavs upon his shoulders and did whatever he could to get them the W. If Donyell had buried that open shot in game 1, who knows this series could be all over... but you can never truly predict that.

All I know is I am truly pumped for the Cavs to close this series out now. As much as I respect the Pistons, there is no way that I wanna see a Spurs/Pistons NBA Finals. Would be good for the NBA if there leagues marquee player Lebron James were to get through to the finals.

With the performance he put on yesterday, whose not to say that the Cavs can't win it all??

I gave up on the NBA after the 99 season. I was a Knicks fan, and followed them until they made the finals and lost to the Spurs. I despise the Lakers, so their Dynasty turned me off. I've been a Spurs fan since Robinson arrived, and have tuned into see their three title reigns.

I'm spoiled. I grew up watching all of the Dream Teamers in their prime, and to this day, no team ever assembled would sniff the first Dream Team. Being a Knicks fan though, I've witnessed Michael Jordan plenty of times in big games.

That being said, nothing ever compared to what King James did the other night. 48 points, and 29 of the last 30, are you f'n kiddin me. He single handidly beat a damn good team in the Detroit Pistons. We witnessed teh coming out party. I live in Cincy, so I've had the privelage of having local media cover Lebron since High School, as with OJ Mayo. These two are going to be something to watch the next 15 years in the pros. I gotta root for the cavs to beat the Pistons.

This has the makings of Jordan's Bulls taking on the might Dynasty of Johnson's Laker Dynasty in the finals. James vs. Duncan's Spurs. I still have a hard time thinking the Cavs can beat the Spurs though. This Spurs team maybe the most underappreciated basketball team in the history of the NBA. Quietly they're in 4 of the last 9 NBA finals.

Another WOW! for me as this game 6 between the Cavs and the Pistons was something I mean we got to see the Pistons lose their cool espically Sheed and basically look like a team that didnt want to win. LeBron james is only 22 years old and alread has taken his team to the NBA finals now that is something. Though you have to give credit to Daniel "Boobie" Gibson for scoring 31 points with 19 in the 4th qtr which saw the Cavs pull away for good.

Though you know that the NBA is happy LeBron is in the finals as that will attract fans but still should be an interesting match up between the Cavs and Spurs in the finals.

I'll do my prediction later and tommorow morning I'll do a VBookie for those interested....

2007 NBA Finals
Eastern Conference Champion:Cleveland Cavaliers VSWestern Conference Champion:San Antonio Spurs
This is a final that I believe many people did not have going into the 2006-07 season. You have to give both teams credit for making to the finals though now only one team can actually win it all. I do think this will be a short series for the fact that the Spurs play better defense than the Pistons and they will not explode or lose their cool in a tight game. This will be a defensive match up for the championship but Cleveland is so new to all this and the Spurs are so experienced its hard for me to go against the Spurs. i think the Cavs will play hard and win one of the finals games at home but i see the experice factor being too much.
My Prediction: Spurs in 5

I must say I hate the Spurs, but do have to hand it to them for the way they go about things and they are going to be tough to knock off in the Finals.

As for the Cavs, well they are the Cinderella story of the year. The games marquee player with an ok supporting cast to go along with him. Will the fairytale come true for the Cavs?? I mean for so many years they were stopped before they reached the finals... now being there can they win it all??

As much as Id loved to see the Cavs win it all, I just dont think so. The Spurs are to experienced, tough and deep to not win here. James will try and lead the Cavs to the promise land, and because of his talent with a bit else chucked in by the likes of Z, Gooden, Gibson, Hughes I can see them winning one maybe 2 games but pushing the Spurs in all the rest. I see Spurs in 6.

This finals has been a great disappointment for me so far. The Cavs look like a JV team against the varsity team the Spurs. King James has looked weak against the Spurs great defense and his supporting cast hasn't rally stepped up to help him when he passes out of the double team. Though he needs to be more aggressive on offense and take it to the hole and if he cant then he needs to trust his jumper and take it. But the Spurs are just playing great team ball and they look to bring the brooms out in game four as there is no way the Cavs will win game four.

Couldn't agree more with you AJ. I'm not a huge basketball fan but I used to be and I still always tune in for the finals, and man, I've gotta say, the Cavs look like a friggin bush league team in this series. The Spurs are just beatin the hell out of them, its just embarassing. Aside from that minor comeback in game 2, its been just sad to watch the Cavs here. I had high hopes for them after their series with the Pistons, but man, what a disappointment. This is honestly one of the worst NBA finals I've ever seen---just in terms of quality of the games. Not very exciting.

Spurs will get the sweep in Game 4, no doubt about it. And to think people started callin' Lebron the next MJ after the Conference series.

I'm a big Cavs fan and I'm really disappointed by them. I guess I should've expected to lose but I thought that since we beat Detroit when no one thought we could we'd beat the Spurs to. I never knew how good they were cause I've never watched them much, not even in the past Finals. But I think now were gonna get swept but I still have small hope we come back.

Yeah an extremely disappointing Finals series thus far. I thought that James and Cleveland maybe able to jag at least one and most probably 2 wins in the series, but that looks very optimistic at the moment.

But hats off to the Spurs, they just continue to show what a truly great team they are. Their defence is amazing, and whilst on a lot of occassions they dont score tons of points thy do enough to win, which is all you need to do.

I just hope the Cavs can avoid the sweep and drag this series out a little longer, but even that I feel is too optimistic at the moment.

Well this was a series that saw the Spurs just dominate from start to finish. It was good to see Tony Parker get the MVP of the finals as he was the man that helped the Spurs win this series as the Cavs had no answer for this man and he was the one hurt them the most. LeBron didn't play a great series and you have to give that to the great team defense of the Spurs. All I can say it was a good series for the Spurs and not so for the Cavs, but a great NBA season and a great playoffs...

(NBA off season thread will be up soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back