Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1970s Bracket,
Round 2, Match 7

Jaws

JawsFilmCover.jpg

Vs.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

one_flew_over_the_cuckoos_nest_ver1.jpg

This one is pretty close. Both are fantastic films, just two different types. This just depends on whether you have a preferance for character driven dramas or fantastically constructed action films. I'm going to go with Cuckoo Nest due to the fantastic acting of the entire ensemble cast and especially the evil Nurse Ratched, but I won't be dissapointed either way.

Definitely a tough one, but the more critical you want to be, the easier the choice becomes. Jaws boils down to having an interesting but rather bland premise, some nice direction and such with a music score that really captures the emotion more than anything else in the movie. Meanwhile, One Flew has more legs to stand on. Jaws beats out Cuckoo's Nests music, but loses in pretty much every other category. You could compare Bruce to MacMurphy, but who do you compare with the rest of the cast of OFOTCN? Jaws is a classic, no doubt, but I think this is the round where we'll have to shoot the barrel and knock it out of competition.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Another film where there is no real wrong answer. Cuckoo's Nest was my favourite film for a very long time. But Jaws scared the shit out of me. Which hasn't really happened with anything else. It scared me so much so that I won't ever go into the sea, and it's probably a big reason why I'm so fascinated by sharks. That being said the shark looks stupid. So that's one negative thing I can say about it, compared to none for Cuckoo's Nest.

Jaws gets my pick here. What a fascinating film. It may also get my pick, because Jaws: Revenge is a great referance when naming the Worst movie of all time. But Jaws starts out with the amazing scene where the drunk teens go swimming, to when they are sitting on a boat, drunk, singing an old sailing song. I just love the film. Sorry Jack, you lose to the Shark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back