• Ico

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzy

Mid-Card Championship Winner
250px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_Ocarina_of_Time_box_art.png

256px-Box-l-jp.jpg

Ocarina of Time should win this match pretty easily because it is regarded as one of the best games of all time and deserves that honor, just as it deserves to move onto the next round. The game turned the action adventure genre upside down and then redefined it, becoming the standard that all others after it have tried to live up to. Can the same be said for Ico? Of course not. That's why you should vote for Zelda like I did.

Because Ico was a new IP by a new developer so therefore it wouldn't sell well. If OOT was a brand new IP by a company no one had heard of it wouldn't have made anywhere as big an impact as it did.

Ico is one of the most beautiful games ever crafted (one of only four I'll say that about) though the mix of visuals, music and gameplay. I'm 90% most people who vote for OOT haven't played Ico and wouldn't be surprised if 50% have even heard of it.

My vote's with Ico.

I've gone with Ico on the basis that it's what Zelda would be like if it had been made for adults. They're not totally disimilar, it really comes down to what you want from your games.

Can the same be said for Ico? Of course not. That's why you should vote for Zelda like I did.

Are you mental? Your post literally just made me vote against Ocarina of Time. Not that it made any difference, but Jesus fuck, Dagger, I'm relatively certain you've never even heard of Ico before this tournament after reading this post.

Actually, the same CAN be said for Ico. Just because Ico isn't nearly as popular as the Zelda franchise doesn't mean it hasn't revolutionized the way video game developers make games. Any credible name in the industry can tell you that Ico is easily fighting for the honor of being one of the greatest games of all time.

The Zelda franchise is fighting for the honor of being one of the most marketed games of all time. Maybe one of the most recognizable characters of all time, but it's not even close to Ico. Ico is one of the most aesthetically beautiful games I've ever seen, which is sad, seeing as it came out on the Playstation 2. Game look more real these days, sure, but none of them were as stunningly beautiful as Ico. The gameplay was also about flawless, the most immersive I've ever experienced. It's almost in every way better than OoT, which is at where it is because of the marketing surrounding the game when it came out. A million people played it back then, and a million people remember it now and look back at it overly fondly in nostalgia.

Reactions: Lee
Those who know their stuff know that Ico is criminally underrated and didn't sell as well as it should've. It had some puzzles that would've made Link himself proud. The story was touching, with the bond between Ico and Yorda being as bittersweet as that between Link and Zelda. But it just didn't sell as much as Ocarina of Time, nor did it have quite the same culture impact. And that's exactly why I'm voting for Ocarina.

OoT does everything Ico does, the captivating story, the mind-bending puzzles and the genius design. They're almost completely even, but OoT has had the bigger impact and sold better. And that's the only thing I have to decide my vote. But I'm hoping that everyone gets the Ico re-release. It'll be worth every penny and it'll be jaw-dropping in HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back