Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
00's Region – Corner Gas vs 8 Simple Rules...for Dating My Teenage Daughter

CornerGasCast.gif

VS

049ce12655.jpg

I'm sooooooooo glad that 8 Simple Rules made it. I love John Ritter and it's a damn shame he's gone. He's one of the true physical comics of his lifetime and to be honest, he didn't need to use any of that on this show. He was great. And Katey Sagal was the mom. Peg Bundy and Jack Tripper had their own show! Say somethin'. It was a damn shame that Ritter passed and they let that goddamn David Spade come on the show. It was down hill from there. Even James Garner couldn't save the show. But when Ritter was there, it was such a wonderful show. And did I mention how many sexual things I'd do to Kaley Cuoco? Cuz there's about 41.

8 Simple Rules, all day.

I went for 8 Simple Rules.

There was one point in my life that I would not miss an episode of the show. I know that public opinion of the show really did drop after John Ritter, the magnificent talent that he was, died at an early age. However, I really liked that they carried on the show after he was gone. More of a tribute than anything else and I really did like what they did with it. Kaley Cuoco was the best thing about the show and was one of my biggest crushes a few years back. However, I really did like David Spade in it and it added a lot of fuel to the fire when he and the Grampa, who's name escapes me, joined the show. Personally, I love the show and I was truly gutted when they cut it off. Especially because they left it at such a cliffhanger.

I have to give a vote to Kaley Cuoco somewhere in this shindig. And since her best show, Big Bang Theory is up against the awesomeness that is How I Met Your Mother, I'll grace her with my vote her. Plus John Ritter (who is the fucking man, RIP) and the wife from Married with Children (forget her name, Katie Seagal maybe IDR). The show was awesome and get my future wife, Miss Kaley Cuoco on the map.

I watched an episode of 8 Simple Rules one day because nothing else was on. Then I watched another episode and another and instantly feel in love with it. I couldn't find one thing wrong with the show and Ritter was a comedic genius. The show turned to crap with he died and David Spade came but I still loved the show. It took me a month or two of watching Corner Gas to figure out that it was set in Canada but it still was a good show nonetheless. I have to pick Eight Simple Rules to go over Corner Gas.

8 Simple Rules got my vote as well, despite the fact that I thought the show sucked massively. Katey Cuoco's hotness however has won my vote. Mainly because I've never seen Corner Gas and just don't care.

8 Simple Rules gets my vote. John Ritter sympathy and such.

Corner Gas is Canadian, right? TM, come tell me about it! Actually, I see that Coco voted against it, so it can't be that good, right?

Anyway, I really liked 8 Simple Rules. Kelly Cucuo and the other daughter were both hot, and Rory was pretty awesome. I think they handled the show well after Ritter's death, which was tragic. It really made for some heart wrenching episodes. Who knows what would've happened if he didn't die so suddenly?

My vote goes for Corner Gas. A sitcom, based in Saskatchewan, that never went down hill. Whereas, after the passing of Mr. Ritter, 8 Simple Rules did. Combine that with the fact that Corner Gas won several Gemini Awards, and is the only top 20 show in Canada, save for hockey, to be produced in Canada. It ran a full six seasons, and went out on top, of both it's game and ratings.

All that, and it's a damn funny show.

What Dewey said is absolutely correct, It is a show that never lost its touch, the creator, Brent Butt stopped the show so that it was always at its pinnacle, never losing its greatness. 8 Simple Rules lasted a few episodes until it lost its touch, that was the second John Ritter died. I think people are voting without ever watching Corner Gas, and that makes me quite sad.

you probably havent watched an episode because it was produced in Canada, but it is on the net, so go watch it.

OH MY F'ING GOD! I can't believe how one sided this is! 8 Simple Rules would've been great, except for the tragic loss of John Ritter. The show was only good for 1 season and 3 episodes, after that it was sad confusion. Give them credit for keeping it going after such a tragedy, but the reality is it stopped being good after Ritter. 1 season and 3 episodes is not enough.

Now Corner Gas is an amazing show. Winner of 6 Gemini Awards (That's like the Emmy's to you guys to the south), 9 Canadian Comedy awards and nominated for over 70 various awards in its 6 season span. The show was an instant hit in Canada, averaging about a million viewers an episode, and ranking in the Top 20 on Canadian programming, amazing when you consider that's put among hundreds of American shows, particularly reality garbage shows which dominate ratings, and hockey (which always draws in Canada). The show played on small town humour and wise cracks, it was not too smart like Frasier, or too dumb like Trailer Park Boys. And it went out on top, like TM and Dewey stated. It is played in 26 different countries, hell it's even created the word 'staycation' which has been added to the English lexicon.

Damn John Ritter and the sympathy train. I figured Corner Gas would've been a strong underdog. I urge everyone to watch Corner Gas because it is a really funny show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back