Your Top 5 Most Hated Sportsmen.

Megatron

Justin Verlander > You
So I was listening to some sportstalk on the radio yesterday, and an interesting question was put up:

Off the heels of the "Forbes Top 5 Most Hated Sportspeople of 2010", who are your locally (meaning guys who have screwed your hometown) and national 5 most hated Sportspeople of the past year (June 2009-June 2010)? Anyone, player, coach, owner, referee, etc. is eligible.

Also, Forbes is:
1. Michael Vick, QB, Philadelphia Eagles (NFL)
2. Al Davis, Owner, Oakland Raiders (NFL)
3. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers (NFL)
4. Tiger Woods, Golfer
5. Jerry Jones, Owner, Dallas Cowboys (NFL)

Mine are:
(National)
1. Tiger Woods - All of the scandal that he's had with the affairs over the past year has really made it easy for me. He was in the headlines for a long time for all of the wrong reasons, although the talk has quieted down over the past few months.
2. Ben Roethlisberger - Aleggedly sexually assaulted a 20 year old girl a few months ago, Roethlisberger has been suspended for the first 6 games of the next NFL Season, even though he hasn't received any charges to my knowledge. However, he has given the league another black eye with an incident like this.
3. Pete Caroll, Head Coach, Seattle Seahawks (NFL) - Left USC during their investigation of sanctions, and hasn't gotten penalized from it. No, instead he bolts for the NFL and claims that the NCAA was too harsh. Pete will get no penalties, but he screwed over USC for the next couple of years, and Lane Kiffin will have a tough couple of first years as HC, with no bowl game and reduced scholarships for the next few years.
4. Gilbert Arenas, Guard, Washington Wizards (NBA) - Brought a gun into his teams lockerroom over an argument with his teammate, if I remember correctly. He was suspended for the rest of the season and the future isn't looking great for a once promising player.
5. Albert Haynesworth, Defensive Tackle, Washington Redskins (NFL) - The guy gets paid $100 million for having a good year, then in his first year in Washington was a bust, and now he is demanding a trade because the team isn't running a defense that he prefers to play in. Too bad, get over it. Don't forget he stomped on a player's face and got himself suspended for a handful of games a couple years ago.

Locally (my city is Detroit, btw.):
1. Matt Millen, ex-General Manager, Detroit Lions (NFL) - If anyone follows the NFL, they will have known that Millen helped lead the Lions into becoming one of the biggest jokes of a Franchise withing the past 10 years, concluding with an 'imperfect' 0-16 season before being fired, thankfully. The Lions now look to have turned it around slightly, with a pretty good nucleus of players on both sides of the ball.
2. Sidney Crosby, Center (?), Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL) - First he helps the Penguins defeat my Red Wings to win the Stanley Cup, then he scores the game winning goal for Canada in the Olympics to give the Americans Silver. Despite my limited watching of hockey, both of those times I was very disappointed that he beat the team I was cheering for.
3. Allen Iverson, Guard, Philadelphia 76ers (NBA) - Iverson was traded that sended leader Chauncey Billups to the Nuggets, and it was quite the bust. Iverson demanded to start, and when he played poorly he was shut down for the rest of the season and let go. He was not what the Pistons were expecting that year, hoping that he could lead them to a long Playoff run, and proved that he was just a primadonna who would complain if he didn't have his way. He may have screwed the franchise for a good couple of years since they sent away their leader for him.
4. Brett Favre, QB, Minnesota Vikings (NFL) - He's simply killed the Lions for pretty much his entire career, and once we thought he was gone for good, he comes back and beats us some more. He always seem to have his best games against Detroit (but who doesn't), and his inability to make a decision on his career really seals the deal.
5. Jim Joyce, Umpire, MLB - If you heard of Armando Galarraga's 'Imperfect Game', then you'll know what I'm talking about. He would have been higher, but he was remorseful, so I'll slightly forgie him.

So who are your top 5 nationally and locally? Also be prepared to give reasons as to WHY you put so and so where you did.

I cant think of 5, but I will do my top 3. My hate for these 3 men is enough for 5.

3. David Ortiz - He's a big lovable guy, but because of what he does to my Yankees, I cant stand him. I dont like most things in Boston, but he is above all of them.

2. Manny Ramirez - My hate for him started when he was in Boston (who would've guessed), but it really has carried to his time with the Dodgers. He is very cocky. When he hits homeruns, he'll just stand and stare for about 5 seconds. I cant stand it. I've even seen him stare at a single up the middle. Also, I feel that he doesnt take the game seriously enough. I understand that its a game and you're supposed to have with it, but they way he does it seems almost disrespectful.

1. Sean Avery - I hate his guts. He runs his mouth in very rude ways and his play on the ice is simply irritating. Yea, thats his job, but I cant even respect him for doing his job. He'll instigate a fight then run away. He is absolutely terrified of David Clarkson and yet, he acts all tough. He talks the talk, but doesnt walk the walk. Until he fights Clarkson, he will continue to be my most hated sportsman.

Yeah, I'm only going to do top 5. "Locally" and "nationally" doesn't matter to me.

1. Shaquille O'Neal - First of all, in his prime, this guy got away with more shit than anyone in history. The refs would hardly ever call anything on him, whereas today, now that he's not the draw he once was, the calls go against him rather for him. It shows how bullshit the refs are in the NBA and how the Lakers three championships should tarnish in hell. Anyways, that's not the primary reason I can't stand this dude; no, I just think he's the biggest asshole/crybaby in all of sports. Take for instance his history with other superstar players. Shaq leaves Orlando, then bad mouths Penny Hardaway. Shaq leaves Los Angeles, then bad mouths Kobe Bryant. Shaq leaves Miami, then bad mouths Dwayne Wade. Shaq leaves Phoenix, then bad mouths Steve Nash. I GUARANTEE if Shaq and LeBron aren't teammates next year, he'll bad mouth LeBron too. Shaq is just a no-good pussy, and I cannot wait until the sac of shit retires for good.

2. Keyon Martin - The guy's fucking worthless and a thug. He has no right to be in the NBA. He sucks for one, and for two.. he's a prick. If he were to end up as one of those players getting shot in a club or something like that, I would honestly not feel a bit of remorse.

3. Derek Fisher - As a person Fisher seems like a good dude, but man... as a basketball player I think he's the biggest pussy in the history of the NBA. All he does is flop, yet refs continue to give him the benefit of the doubt. It fucking drives me nuts. Not to mention, on the rare times he doesn't get a call his way, he cries about it. The dude is simply the embodiment of everything that's wrong with NBA defense and officiating today.

4. Phil Baroni - MMA fighter. He sucks, yet keeps getting big fights. It drives me insane. Plus, his personality outside the cage is just ridiculous. He swears he's hot shit even though he hasn't beaten a decent name in forever, and the guy just continuously runs his mouth about shit he knows nothing about. He's the one guy I literally enjoy watching get his ass beatdown. Like, I really do love it (his fight against Frank Shamrock is one of my all time favorites just because of the beatdown he received that night). I would actually pay to see him get a his ass kicked.

5. Tony Romo - Granted, I wouldn't dislike the guy as much were he quarterback of another team, but since I hate the Cowgirls, it makes me hate this overrated piece of shit. I just think the guy has no heart whatsoever, and there's just SOMETHING about him that rubs me the wrong way. I can't explain it; it's just one of those things, you know? Like I said though... if he weren't a Cowboy, I would probably feel indifferent towards him. Case in point, were I to make this list last year, Donovan McNabb would have probably made the top 3, but now that he's not an Eagle, I don't have that hatred towards him like I used to.

Before I launch into this, I'll just say that these are in no order, mainly because I hate them all equally/I can't be bothered to sort them in an order.
And I can't think of 5. Damned laziness.

1. Cristiano Ronaldo. One of the most hateful, cocky, arrogant sons of bitches ever to grace the world of football. While I acknowledge his stance as one of the top three footballers in the world at the moment, I simply cannot stand him. Somehow, he believes that this prodigious talent he is blessed with gives him the right to be ungodly arrogant. It is possible to be talented and not act like your God's gift, just ask Lionel Messi. So yeah, Ronaldo for me is a very hateful individual, an opinion which I know I share with many.

2. John Terry: While I agree that maybe sacking from the England captaincy was perhaps not the best move that could have been made, purely because there were no other outstanding candidates, the whole episode revolving around him and Wayne Bridge further cemented why I, and many others, feel such passionate anger towards him. I shall say no more apart from this: He is the most prominent figure in the public eye who personifies everything the 'chav' culture of Britain stands for.

3. Lewis Hamilton: I simply don't like the guy, he just annoys me, both due to his general cockiness and his general disregard for being a role model.

great topic i read this on foxsports.com a few days back

well here's mine (Nationally):
1. Kobe Bryant- in addition to my hate of the lakers, the other reasons i hate him starts with what happened 7 yrs ago when he was accused of rape (yep guys do any of you still remember that lol), although he denied it (no shocker there) he did admit to committing adultery; also during this time i think he also snitched on Shaq causing more tension between the two & also between Kobe & his other teammates; then when he finally got to be the main guy in LAL he was demanding a trade out of LA & was on a video venting his frustrations when the Lakers didnt get Kidd; now since the Lakers became a threat again in 07-08 he's been getting these Jordan comparisons again which to me he is nowhere near even though he just won his 5th ring (2nd since Shaq left), although if one would to start an argument saying is he the greatest Laker of all time, then Kobe would make a great case for that

2. Terrell Owens- i am an eagles fan so i had to put this on here; when PHI traded for TO i expected at least 2-3 Super Bowls with him & McNabb on the team since WR was clearly a weakness before he arrived when PHI had lost those 3 consecutive NFC Title games; his 1st year in PHI was great as he & McNabb were tearing it up until TO messed his ankle up (which was the turning point in the relationship between him & McNabb & also a sign of things to come the following summer) but fortunately TO came back for the Super Bowl although PHI had lost he played a great game; then the 2005 offseason came & i'm just going to skip this part lol cuz the 2005 season was the worst season i have ever experienced as a football fan due to the "TO Saga"; & then to make matters worse he signed with the fuckin Cowboys in 2006

3. Allen Iverson- (nickname is "The Answer" although i refer to him as "The CAnswer") he maybe one of the best little men in NBA History but what has he won???, since reaching the 2001 NBA Finals he's gotten out of the first round only ONCE (with PHI in 2003), he didnt do shit in DEN & when i heard that he was getting traded for Billups i LMFAO cuz i knew Dumars & the Pistons had gotten ripped off big time; when he was in DET, later on that season he refused to come off the bench saying he would rather retire which led to him being deactivated & then lasted only 3 gms with MEM earlier this season for the same reason; chose to retire after that which lasted about a week before PHI signed him to sell tickets but was ultimately released again since he was with his daughter cuz she was sick, although he was also battling alcohol & gambling problems & his wife had left him; unfortunately i read that he wants to play again next season but i doubt anyone will give this guy another chance

4. Isiah Thomas- he is one of the greatest players in NBA History but as a NBA Executive & Coach??? thats another fuckin story as he single handedly ruined the Knicks franchise by his trades & free agent signings; for example, he signed Jerome James & Jared Jeffries both to 5 yr $30 mill contracts, traded for Marbury thinking he would be the franchise player to build the team around, trading away what would become 2 lottery picks for Eddy Curry’s fatass (the 1st lottery pick happened to be the 2nd overall pick in 06 used to take LaMarcus Aldridge & the 2nd lottery pick was used to take Joakim Noah the following season), gave up on Larry Brown after only 1 season (most Larry Brown coached teams tend to do well during his 2nd yr as the coach); also went through a sexual harassment lawsuit that no one cared about; during his tenure, the Knicks were in the top 5 in team payrolls which continued until this past season & went to the playoffs only once (in 04 when they were swept by the Nets in the 1st rd)

5. Curt Schilling- as a Yankees fan I have to put this lol although besides stating the obvious of why I hate him (helpin the Dbacks beat NYY in 01 & the Bloody Sock in the 04 ALCS), I also hate him because well he is a big mouth who has an opinion on everything that doesn’t concern him (Cliff Lee trade to SEA, called Bonds a taxcheating roidhead, rips NYY even though he retired or anything that has to do with NY sports as a matter of fact just to name a few); & now that he’s on Baseball Tonight which is one of my favorite shows I have to hit the mute button or change the channel whenever he’s talking

Locally (I live in Dallas but most of the teams I hate come from this city as well like the Cowboys & Mavs):
1. Jerry Jones- the owner of the Cowboys who built a dynasty in the 90s (fortunately for me I started watching football in 95 so I missed out on the previous 2 SB wins) & has built one of the most expensive stadiums in the world referred to as “JerryWorld” which includes the largest HD TV in the world & also offers $60 pizza at the stadium; but before last season DAL went 13 yrs w/o winning a playoff game & haven’t been to the Super Bowl since 1995 so obviously even though he’s the most popular owner in the NFL, DAL didn’t do much during the 00s.

2. Tony Romo- QB for DAL; was the 2nd or 3rd string QB from 03-05 & then BAM in 06 as soon as he became starter he was instantly one of the most popular players in the league & a god in Dallas (in his 4th or 5th career start cowboys fans hung his name in the Ring of Honor at Texas Stadium); although he would play well the first few months of each season, the bad December’s/January’s he would go onto have over the next few yrs were pretty fun to watch for me (until last season’s lol) but still he has only 1 playoff win & doesn’t focus that much on football during the offseason as he plays golf & tries to qualify for PGA Golf events.

3. Dirk Nowitzki- I just don’t know why Mavs fans think that they’ll win a title with Dirk has the centerpiece; he plays PF but really all he is just a 7 foot SG/SF cuz he has no post game whatsoever; yes the refs did screw DAL out of the 06 Finals somewhat but Dirk didn’t exactly play his best during the series (they were up 13 pts in Gm 3 with like 6 min left before they choked & Dirk could’ve forced OT but missed the game tying FT with 3 secs left) & overall in that series he shot 39%; following year he guides DAL to 67 wins in the reg season & ends up winning MVP but were eliminated in the 1st rd by the 8th seed GS Warriors who basically did a great job frustrating him making him shoot under 40% again; his only shot at winning a title is if he opts out this summer & goes to another contender or if DAL can get someone like LeBron, Wade, Bosh, etc. (which I doubt) but other than that he’s fucked

4. Tom Hicks- Owner of the Rangers & Stars; like most people who have owned the Rangers, he hasn’t helped TEX to win even one postseason series (only team left in MLB that has never won a postseason series even though my Yanks had a lot to do with that lol); signed A-Rod to a 10 yr $250 million contract (gee how did that turnout for TEX); haven’t been to the playoffs since 1999; & is currently going through some financial problems which on the bright side has led him to try & sell the team to Nolan Ryan & Chuck Greenberg if MLB ever approves it (which hurts TEX because they may not be able to take on additional salary if they want to trade for someone like Roy Oswalt or Cliff Lee before the deadline); with the Stars he did help us win the Stanley Cup in 1999 but these days what has he done for the franchise?

5. Jon Daniels- Rangers GM; he’s ranked low because he hasn’t made any dumbass trades as of late like he did his first few years; traded Soriano to WAS for basically no one (although they did acquire Armando Galarraga, he didn’t last long in TEX has he got dealt to DET for a nobody), traded pitcher Chris Young & Adrian Gonzalez to SD for Adam Eaton & Otsuka (Eaton was injury proned & Otsuka is either injured or retired im not sure), & also traded John Danks to the White Sox for injury proned pitcher Brandon McCarthy; although he has made some great trades as of late getting neftali, elvis, & salty for Teixeira, getting Nelson Cruz in the Carlos Lee trade, & acquiring Josh Hamilton for Edison Volquez; however in his tenure he hasnt made any wise long term FA signings (Millwood sucked) & he has been GM for almost 5 yrs and even though the Rangers are playing great so far if they miss the playoffs again im sure he’ll get fired after the season.

1. Hines Ward-This man is the definition of a dirty player. People say he is tough and gritty, but theres a difference between tough and dirty. Hines Ward blindsindes people on the opposite side of the field 40 yards away from the ball. No reason for that. A person just needs to watch the Wild Card game against my beloved Jags from a few seasons ago for evidence. After every play he is getting in someones face and tlking trash, even though his team is losing. And his smile. Good God I hate that smile. He is one of the few people I wish serious injury on.

2. Paul Pierce-This guy should play soccer with as much as he flops. I can't even watch Celtics games because of how annoyed I get by him. Pump fake, lean into the defender and draw a phantom foul. Then whine to the ref if he doesn't get the call he doesn't deserve. I just don't like the way this man plays basketball.

3. Jeff Fisher-This man, and I use this term loosely, is the definition of a scumbag. Back in 1999, the Jaguars went 14-2, the only 2 losses coming against the Titans. We meet them again in the AFC Championship game and the Titans win again. After the game, Fisher says something along the lines of Jacksonville being the Titans second home. No. The only reason you were even in that game is because the refs missed a obvious forward lateral in the game against the Bills. But I digress. I get great pleasure out of watching bad things happen to this team.

4. Peyton Manning-He plays for the Colts. The Colts are in the same division as the Jags. The Colts basically always beat the Jags. Peyton Manning is the sole reason for the Colts success. I hate how good he is. I hate his commercials. I hate his massive jughead. I can't wait for him to retire and for the Colts to return to mediocraty.

5. Brett Favre and LeBron James-Both of you, please...go...away. I don't care if Favre had ankle surgery. I am sick of hearing about LeBron James. Please stop talking about them. Please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back