• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your top 3 favourite MMA nicknames!!

Uncle Chester

I see you, and your penis.
What are your 3 favorite MMA nicknames?

Mine are:

1) Chuck 'The Iceman Liddel

Absolutely awesome nickname that fit Liddel to a tee. When you think of ice man you think of a bad ass knockout motherfucker.

2 Wanderlei 'The Axe Murderer' Silva

Epic Epic name. oozes intimidation and ferocity.

3) Antonio Rodrigo 'Minotauro Nogueira

Man I love this nickname. The first 3 names all having the O on the end builds the hype and then comes Nogueira . It's like the the process of ejaculation. The buildup and the climax. Truly awesome.

"Filthy" Tom Lawler is by far my favorite nickname. Not that it is all that creative but Tom Lawler lives that gimmick. Just watch any of his weigh in videos and you will see him live up to that name and then some. The dude is a clown and the name definitely helps to define him and his charisma.

"The Ax Murderer" is another name I love. It just embodies badass and definitely compliments the man who is associated with the name. When you hear it you expect domination and during Wandy's PRIDE days that is exactly what you got. Shame we don't see it as much now, but every once in a while we get a glimpse of the Wandy of old.

"The Pitbull" Andrei Arlovski would be another name I love. AA is by far my favorite fighter and when I first started watching was when AA was beginning to boom in the Heavyweight division. He was as tenacious and violent as a pitbull and much like Lawler and Wandy he lived up to the gimmick. He had the shaggy hair and the fang mouth guard. My god was he intimidating.

Glad this thread was made when it was, because there's a chance my #1 may not be around much longer:

#1 - "The Irish Hand Grenade" Marcus Davis. Love it. It's a longer name but it still makes sense. Irish dude who can explode on you in a second. His loss to Jeremy Stephens puts his MMA deal at risk, but I still love the nickname.

#2 - Randy "The Natural" Couture. Take out of the equation how much I like Couture. The nickname "The Natural" is a favorite of mine. I liked when Dustin Rhodes used it in WCW back in the early and mid-90s, and I like it more now. "The Natural" denotes someone who has this innate skill set and the idea that all of the hard work simply enhances that. It's Couture in a nutshell.

#3 - "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" Tito Ortiz. I go back and forth on Tito, but the nickname (however lengthy) is terrific because it establishes Tito as a brand. It gives him a geographical setting and an image, which follows him around. That's smart marketing. So is tagging Jenna Jameson.

Honorable mentions: Clay "The Carpenter" Guida, Roy "Big Country" Nelson, Jens "Little Evil" Pulver.

Fedor "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko just sounds awesome. Makes him sound immortal (as we all know he is not) but it is a cool nickname!

I love "Sexyama." Whoever came up with it is a genius. The man is a handsome human being (no homo!) It sounds so right when you say it. Sexyama is one of my favourite nicknames by far.

Stephan "The American Psycho" Bonnar is another great nickname. He fights in the cage just like The American Psycho which makes this nickname epic!

Shout out to: "The Korean Zombie" Chang Sung Jung
Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva
Junior "Cigano" Dos Santos
"Filthy" Tom Lawler
"The Prodigy" BJ Penn
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett
"The Dean of Mean" Keith Jardine

Lol at: Ryan "Darth" Bader
Kendall "Da Spyder" Grove
Jacob "Christmas" Volkmann

#2 - Randy "The Natural" Couture. Take out of the equation how much I like Couture. The nickname "The Natural" is a favorite of mine. I liked when Dustin Rhodes used it in WCW back in the early and mid-90s, and I like it more now. "The Natural" denotes someone who has this innate skill set and the idea that all of the hard work simply enhances that. It's Couture in a nutshell.

#3 - "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" Tito Ortiz. I go back and forth on Tito, but the nickname (however lengthy) is terrific because it establishes Tito as a brand. It gives him a geographical setting and an image, which follows him around. That's smart marketing. So is tagging Jenna Jameson.

Great choices IC, those would be my top two as well. Obviously from my username you can tell I am a fan of the nickname "The Natural" lol. I like how the name puts across the idea that your talent is something you were born with, you are just naturally that damm good.

My 3rd pick would be Quinton "RAMPAGE" Jackson, the name is so fucking awesome. It tells you that here is a guy who is going to unleash hell on your ass and go wild and furious and will not stop until you are beaten. So cool

Honorable mentions to Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell, and Jens "Lil Evil" Pulver

The Last Emperor: Now he didn't go by this until the fall of Pride, but it's still one of the most resounding names in the GOAT discussions. In Japan, kings or rulers were referred to as emperors, and since Fedor was the last reigning HW champion in Pride, he became known as The Last Emperor. Perfect fitting nickname for the greatest fighter of all time.

Cigano: Meaning gypsy in Portuguese. It's just a cool sounding word and has an interesting story to go with it. You can even look at Dos Santos's UFC career thus far and draw comparisons to how he came to have the nickname. Plus, given the appearnace of his wife, He Who Marries Gargoyles just doesn't have that nice ring to it.

The Fireball Kid: Just screams bad ass. Obviously his punching power and speed is where his nickname was derived from. If there's one fighter who embodies a Street Fighter esque style deserving of such a nickname, it would be Takanori Gomi.

Haven't posted here in awhile...anyways, my top 3 nicknames are:

BJ "The Prodigy" Penn: As, you can tell, I'm a huge BJ fan and not only do I think "The prodigy" sounds badass, it defines BJ perfectly. BJ was born to fight and not many fighters can match his skills and talents. It just fits BJ.

Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell: Another fighter I enjoy. I love this nickname because I think of the X-Men character and his powers. I just just think it would be cool if I had that power. :blush: Also, it does fit Chuck. It makes it seem like he has the power to generate ice in hands to backup his signature knockouts and knock his opponents out cold.

Yoshihiro "Sexyama" Akiyama: This is just perfect imo. It's a nickname that the fans themselves created for Aki and it's great that he and everyone in the UFC embraces it. I still love all the Sexyama jokes. It's great because outside of MMA, Sexyama is known for his modeling, being well dressed, and singing in Japan.

I dont watch the UFC to much nowadays (Though I used to) but my choices easily are...

Chuck "The Iceman" Liddel - I'll be completely honest here I'm not even sure why I just love the nickname and I always have loved it and it makes him unique to other fighters...

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson - I again just love this nickname it suits him so well because Jackson Is a freaking animal, that crushes everyone that stands before him...

BJ "The Prodigy" Penn - Not really sure why but I love this one

"The Mexicutioner" Joey Beltran - I just like the way it sounds. It may seem a little racist but I think it's fine.

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson - Most well known nickname in the game and one of my favorites.

"The Dean of Mean" Keith Jardine - One of my favorite fighters and my favorite nickname.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. His nickname has become more then that. Most people I know, or "casual" fans do not know who Quinton Jackson is, but if I say Rampage Jackson they can identify him quickly. So basiclly I like it because to me it has become much more then most nicknames.

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic. The same as with Rampage. The nickname Cro Cop is how people identify him. Its become so much more then just something said by Bruce Buffer. Mirko Filipovic is his name, but Cro Cop is the fierce headkicking machine that ran was a force to be reconed with in PRIDE.

Chan Sung Jung the "Korean Zombie" its a nickname thats based off his style, and it really fits him. Around here, people I know see him as the Korean Zombie, not Can Sung Jung.

Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell- He was cold as ice, and my all time favorite fighter.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson- Love the nickname, and it fits him to a tee.

Maurício "Shogun" Rua- Fits him because his offense is lethal.

Bas 'El Guapo' Rutten - If only for the song he wrote about himself.

Fedor 'The Last Emperor' Emelianenko - Just one of the most hardcore names in MMA.

Aleksander 'The Grim Reaper' Emelianenko - Due to his 'Alleged' involvement with the Russian mob, and certain Russian mob tats he has, this is disturbingly fitting.

My favorites are
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson- the guys a animal lol
Anthony "Showtime" Pettis- he always puts on a show for the crowd and ive yet to see a boring Pettis fight
Honorable Mention: Bas "El Guapo" Rutten

My top 3

1-The Last Emperor-Fedor. Great nickname. I don't think there will ever be another fighter like him in the history of MMA

2-Captain America and The Natural-Randy Couture. Those are some great nicknames for a great fighter, and both fit him perfectly. He really is a Natural

3-A tie. Mayhem-Jason Miller. Rush-GSP. Mayhem is exactly what Jason Miller brings to the cage, from entrance to the end of the fight. GSP rushes his opponents from start to finish.

I'm gonna list some names that people haven't mentioned yet to avoid being redundant.

Alistair "The Demolition Man" Overeem: That's just a fucking badass name. I mean, it fits the man and he lives up to the nickname.

Alessio "Legionarius" Sakara: Great damn nickname, I love that Roman stuff. I don't even call him by Sakara because of his awesome nickname. I call him "Legionarius"

Dave "The Soul Assassin" Terrell: I know that there's a ton of fighters with "assassin" in their nicknames these days, but his is old school. Plus, he takes souls, how bitchin' is that.

Honorable Mentions: Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro, George "Soda-Pop" or "Sodapopalos" Sotiropoulos, Ben "Killa-B" Saunders, Marius "The Whitemare" Zaromskis, Rick "The Horror" Story

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back