Your Perfect 6 Band Gig

Hollywood Naitch

The current reigning and defending
You know what I mean. Every summer, you see a concert advertised, usually at a big outdoor venue. Unlike most gigs, where there is the 1 main band and a couple of local support acts, these gigs have a bill which is filled with 5 or 6 big-name acts.

What I want to know is, if you could go to one of these gigs, made up of 6 bands......

1. Which bands would they be?
2. What songs would the bands open their set with?
3. What songs would the bands end their sets with?

I will do my own first starting with the MAIN headliner.

1. OASIS

My favourite band of all time. A re-united Oasis to end the greatest concert of all time would be perfect!

Open with: "Rock 'n' Roll Star
Finish with: Champagne Supernova

2. GUNS 'N' ROSES (original members)

We can all dream. I would LOVE to see Axl and Slash patch up their differences and go back on the road, giving the world a REAL Guns N Roses show, rather than the half-assed version that exists now. There is almost no other band who could compare to the excitement I would have in watching Slash hit the opening notes of "Welcome To The Jungle"

Open with "Welcome To The Jungle"
Finish with "November Rain"

3. THE STONE ROSES

Yet another band who no longer exist. Similar situation with Guns N Roses. Two long term best friends, Ian Brown and his lead guitarist John Squire have a falling out and havent been on the same page for years. Brown has come out and said there is no chance of a reunion, but we can all hope. At least drummer Reni and bassist Mani want to reuinite, and as Mani is still close to Brown then their is always a tiny possiblity.

The Stone Roses have been so influential from the 2 albums they ever made, image the effect they could have had had they made more.

Open with: "Breaking Into Heaven"
Finish with: "I Am The Resurrection

4. ALICE IN CHAINS

Amazing life. Seeing them live last November was one of the greatest nights of my life. I cannot wait for the next tour. To have such a great band only at number 4 on the bill just shows how amazing this concert would be. William DuVall has proven a great choice to take over from the late, great Layne Staley and their latest album "Black Gives Way To Blue" shows that Jerry Cantrell can still write amazing music. They certainly deserve their spot on this super-card.

Open with: "Check my Brain"
Finish with: "Rooster"

5. BLACK LABEL SOCIETY

I am finally getting the opportunity to see these guys in Manchester next February and I cannot wait. Zakk Wylde is an absolute beast, definately one of the best guitarists in the world today. Black Label Society know how to put on a show, and they would blow this massive audience away. I would want BLS to play a few of their slower songs in their set, something along the lines of "In This River" and "Lead Me To Your Door", which would provide a nice breather in between the onslaught of mayhem provided by the rest of the set.

Start with: Fire It Up
Finish with: I Never Dreamed

6. GODSMACK

A band who never come to England, Godsmack would get a spot on this bill simply because I want to see them live. Sully and the boys would be the perfect band to open this gig, and get the crowd alive. I would expect a huge drum solo from Sully midway through the gig, and a greatest hits style set, with a couple of tracks (Cryin' Like A Bitch" and "Love Hate Sex Pain" from their latest album. What an awesome way to kick off the night!

Start with: "Shine Down"
Finish with: "No Rest For The Wicked"

Come on everyone, show me your selections

Mine prolly never will play together all at the same time . Some have played together, but not all of them. This is a metal concert. ****** need not apply, circle pits and broken noses are handed out for free here. This is my dream metal show. The bands opening really could get a great start from this show.

6. Gojira- Metal upstarts from france, Gojira are leading the way of progressive metal. I love the from Mars to Sirus album and deffinatly love the new album. One of the heavyer bands that have come out recently, and deffinatly the heaviest out of France.

Open- Indians
Close- The art of dying

5. Devildriver- One of the most notable metal bands to come out of the new 2000 years. Former coal chamber lead singer Dez Fafra leads Devildriver along with a great set of dudes. Would be a great live show with them on the card.

Open The mountian
Close End of the line

4. Dimmu borgir- Honestly this band really has nothing to do with any other band on the list. But i really just love the atmosphere that they would bring to the show. Many more fans than just thrash fans would show up, the black metal scene and shit like that would be a great metal addition to this show.

Open Spellbound (By the Devil)
Close Gateways

3. Lamb of god- Again a great band, honestly if two of the big four wernt on my list right now LoG would prolly be headlining. Nuff said
Open Omerta
Close Black label

2. (old) metallica- I love Metallica as much as anyone. I love it all, but for the shit to fit in here its gotta be old school. The big four leaders come in at #2 on my list just because i'm a bigger Slayer fan.

Open-Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Close-For Whom the Bell Tolls

1. Slayer- Really big toss up actually i switched this about two times. But finally I said NO! Fuck it I want a Slayer headlined show. Slayer is just one of my favorites, all good songs.

Open- South of heaven
Close- (got to... sorry) Raining blood.

6. Green Day-Not a huge Green Day fan, but they're amazing live. They'ld be great in a six song burst.

Open with: American Idiot- is a great opener, I say this because Ive seen them open with this one before. Perfect opener that really gets the crowd into them.

Close With: Time of Your Life- Alot of people would go with "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", but this is the ultimate closer song. Id have Billie Joe send the rest of the boys to the back, and finish himself. Again, Im going with bias because this is what they closed with when I saw them, and it was freakin amazing.

5. 30 Seconds To Mars- Alot of their earlier stuff had me thinking they were just another Emo band, but their latest album "This is War" has really changed my perspective on these guys. Jared Leto is a brilliant lyricist and has incredible range as a singer.

Open With: Capricorn(A Brand New Name)- The only song I really liked off their first album, but I loved it.

Close With: This is War-The title track off their new album. Just a flat out brilliant song that slows at the end that would bring the set to a nice close.

4. RED- Great band that's surprisingly unknown in alot of circles. They're a Christian band, but their songs are applicable to anyone, religious or not.

Open with: Death of Me- This is just a hard hitting song that's in your face. What more could you ask for to start a show?

Close with: Breathe Into Me- It starts heavy, and ends softer. It was perfect when I saw them live on a full set, and would be great in a short set as well.

3. Breaking Benjamin- I love these guys and they haven't put out a bad album yet. So many songs to pick from.

Open With: Medicate- Was never a single, but arguably the most popular song off their first record, and their best for sure. Great song to get the crowd into it.

Close with:Breath- An emotional song that has alot of range and depth that would be an awesome closer. it really epitomizes everything the band is about.

2. Foo Fighters- One of the few bands I love that Ive yet to see live, and I imagine they'ld put on a hell of a show. Dave Grohl can really do it all, and has been, for over 20 years. I have their live CD, so i can only imagine it would be an awesome experience.

Open With: Best of You- Grohl starts this song out slowly, and then the guitars as well as his voice kick in, which would be the perfect opener to warm up the crowd.

Close With: Times Like These- Again, another slower song to finish the set off with. My personal favorite song of theirs as well.

1. Live- My favorite band of all time, and I'd love to see them "live" once again. They were phenomenal performers for over 15 years that Im thankful i got to see live twice while they were together.

Open With: All Over You- A nice, heavy song that only gets louder as it goes on. A sure crowd pleaser.

Close With: Lightning Crashes- Probably their most popular song of all time, and it can be done softly or loud, depending on the crowd. Perfect closer.

Opening act to headliner.

1. Eve 6
open-Without you here
close-Velociraptor

2. Our Lady Peace
open-Superman's Dead
close-Life

3. Jimmy Eat World
open-The Middle
close-Always Be

4. Third Eye Blind
open-Never Let You Go
close-Motorcycle Drive By

5. The Killers
open-All These Things That I Have Done
close-Read My Mind

6. Weezer (The Main Event!)
open-Surf Wax America
close-Say it Aint So

Well I couldn't resist this to broadcast my sickest 6 bands of all time, although, I warn you, this one is such a flight of fancy...

Opening Slot:

6. Pearl Jam

They would definitely open with Evenflow. Get the juices rolling. Then we go into the absolute classic that is Jeremy. And we finish the list with, what I believe one of their most powerful and underrated songs Animal.

5. Soundgarden

Guys I can't tell you how I psyched I am these guys are back together, perfect way to start is by doing one of your best songs ever Hands All Over. Chris's voice is magical here. We mellow things a little with some Black Hole Sun (have to have that :D) And we end it with some Superunknown.

4. Guns n' Roses

It is the ORIGINAL line up, they can do whatever they want if Axl is on time. I don't want him delaying...

3. Cream

One of the best groups of all time. Spoonful, then Politician and finish up with Sunshine of your love. These guys were such bonafide epicness.

2. Jimi Hendrix

Anything, anything he wants. I would request he do some Red House, but if he tells me to shut the f*ck up I'd still mark out!

Headliners:

1. Led Zeppelin

If anyone can throw a stadium size party, it's these guys. Start with the heart-tugging Ten Years Gone, then bend the minds with some Dazed and Confused and we end with Communication Breakdown

EXTRA!

An all-star jam as Led Zeppelin call onstage Axl, Cornell, Hendrix and Clapton to belt out an awe-insipiring all-star version of Rock and Roll.

Now that is FTW!

Mine will never happen but this is just for fun so here we go

Bullet For My Valentine

Opener - Tears Don't Fall. They opened with this the last time i saw them live and it was just crazy. Starts out slow than just bursts into a loud "LETS GO!!!"

Closer - Waking The Demon. Great song to end the show with. This was hard for me to choose as it was between this and "Hand Of Blood", but had to go with this one.

Disturbed

Opener - Ten Thousand Fists. They opened with this when I saw them and it got the crowd going like none other, especially when the lyric "ten thousand fists in the air" and all of us put our fists in the air. Just awesome

Closer - Down With The Sickness. As if there was any better closing song? I think not. The song that made catapulted them and one of my favorite songs to play on guitar.

Avenged Sevenfold

opener - Nightmare. A lot of these opening and closing tracks I pick merely for the fact that when I have seen these bands live these are the songs they open/close with. Wasnt a big fan of this song at first but after seeing it live grew on me amazingly.

Closer - Bat Country. This is what they closed with too. Completely ends their set in the best way possible. I would have also prefered "Scream" as well.

Breaking Benjamin

Opener - Polyamorous. Great opener and their first single ever so why not?

closer - Evil Angel. Probably being biased on this one, but this is my favorite breaking benjamin song. It gives you such a haunting feeling and Ben's voice is just outstanding in this one. I think a good way to send everyone home happy.

Killswitch Engage

Opener - When Darkness Falls. One of my favorite workout bands!!! Howards voice is awesome on this track, this was the first song I heard from them after they got howard as their vocalist. I was kind of skeptic but they had me hooked after hearing this song.

Closer - My Curse. Nice melodic intro to a full on metal chorus.

All That Remains

Opener - The Air That I Breathe. A highly underrated band and its such a shame. Perfect opener to get the blood flowing. This song never got as much praise as it should have.

Closer - A Song For The Hopeless. I know what your thinking for guys who know this band. Why not "This Calling"? It should close, but this is my favorite song from All That Remains and at least would send me home happy.

I got half of this concert one time. Killswitch Engage performed in Texas and had All that Remains and Bullet for my valentine as openers. That was probably the closest i will get

Great thread!!

So I'm going from first to main event:

Avenged Sevenfold

Open with: "Nightmare", a great song for introduction a get the crowd energetic.

Close with: "Save me", an epic song that has one of the best lines to end a song, album, concert "tonight we all die young".

5. Led Zeppelin: Yes I know that Boham is dead but this is fantasy right?

Open with: "Inmigrant song", a song really good for any concert to begin with.

Close with: "Since I've been loving you", I only say it because it is my favorite Zep song.

4. Guns n Roses

Open with. a classical introduction "It's so easy", a great first song besides "welcome to the jungle" but I'm sick of the latter.

Close with Now here is where I'm not sure, I've got three choices. "Paradise city" due to the fact that final solo can go on and on and on and on and on and on, so you get the crowd really crazy one last time. My second choice is "nightrain", a song that I love and I thingkit has a lot of energy plus the same reason of "paradise city". Finally it could also be "november rain", a beatiful crecendo, a song epic and as powerful as it can get. A great way IMO to nd a show.

3. Megadeth

Open with: "Dialectic Chaos", instrumetal song and yet has TONES of energy/power to get the crowd excited.

Close with: "Holy wars", come one that was obvious is the right way to end a Megadeth show.

2 Iron Maiden

Open with:"churchill's speech" just kidding actually "Aces high"

Close with: also not quiet sure it could be the song "iron maiden" because well it has the band's name so by logic it works. OR it could be none other that THE epic "hallowed be thy name". My favorite Maiden song and that got me right hooked onto.

Main event, FOO FIGHTERS

Open with. "The pretender", an awesome crecendo that has the right energy to star a record/concert.

Close with: "Best fo you", an emotive one that has that energy of "I don't want to go" that needs all the lighters and all the crowd singing with.

As always Natural, you're the man.

Anvil: These guys are an awesome band that unfortunately never got the recognition that they deserved, I saw them live last year and they were as musically tight as anyone I have ever seen, even if it was only a 40 minute set. They would open with 666 and close with Metal on Metal.

Slash: My favorite musician ever so I can surely include him on the bill twice. He would play his solo album in it's entirety with all of the guest singers preforming their respective songs live. Since he is playing the album in its entirety open with Ghost close with Were All Gonna Die.

Aerosmith: Awesome band, all that needs to be said. Open with Back In the Saddle close with Walk This Way.

Metallica: I saw them live a month ago and they were fucking awesome. Since this is fantasy Cliff Burton would be on bass, Dave Mastaine would join them for the encore and Frayed Ends Of Sanity would be played live and in full for the first time ever. Open with Creeping Death close with Seek and Destroy

Guns N Roses: Original line up by the way. My favourite band ever so of course they would be on my dream bill. Every song from Appetite would be played although not necesssarily in order. Nothing from Chinese Democracy would be played and November Rain, Dont Cry, SCOM and any other ballad would also not be played bacause ballads are shit. Open with Welcome To The Jungle close with Paradise City.

All Star Jam: Featuring Slash, Joe Perry and Kirk Hammett on guitars, Steve Tyler, Jamess Hetfield and Axl sharing the singing duties Duff and Cliff on bass and Lars on drums. I couldn't care less what they played, if these people all shared the same stage it wouldn't matter, they could make even the shittest song sound amazing.

Awesome thread! My list of acts would be as follows...

Scorpions - Opener - The Future Never Dies
Closer - Don't Believe Her

Dokken - Opener - Unchain The Night
Closer - In My Dreams

Cinderella - Opener - Make Your Own Way
Closer - Nobody's Fool

Crash Test Dummies - Opener - The Ballad Of Peter Pumpkinhead
Closer - Put A Face

Steve Walsh - Opener - After
Closer - Smackin' The Clowns

Mike Tramp & The Rock N Roll Circuz - Opener - All Of My Life
Closer - Hymn To Ronnie

My show's a little more out of the mainstream, but here goes...

1- Van Canto. Why Van Canto? Imagine you're coming expecting to hear something fantastic, loud, powerful and it starts off with five vocalists walking onto the stage and picking up microphones. One man sits behind the drum set. And you're treated to one of the most innovative concepts ever known to music- a capella heavy metal.
Opener- “Rebellion”
Closer- “Kings Of Metal” with a surprise cameo by Eric Adams himself.

2- Alestorm. The kings of Scottish Pirate Metal. Anyone who came to this show expecting to see the popular bands with the huge egos and even bigger demands are going to be disappointed.
Opener- “Keelhauled”
Closer- “Over The Seas”

3- Primal Fear- Germany's power metal juggernaut.
Opener- “Six Times Dead (16.6)”
Closer- “Chainbreaker”

4- Kamelot - The first of two American bands to grace the stage.
Opener- “The Great Pandemonium”
Closer- “Nights Of Arabia”

5- HammerFall - one of the biggest metal bands to come out of Sweden. These guys will get the crowd really fired and see how much energy the crowd's got left after what they've already witnessed.
Opener- “Threshold”
Closer- “Any Means Necessary”

And we finish with Manowar. The Kings Of Metal.

Start with- "The Ascension" into “Manowar”
End the way every Manowar show has ever closed. “The Crown And The Ring”.

SILVERCHAIR
Opener - "Anthem For The Year 2000"
Closer - "Steam Will Rise"

IN FLAMES
Opener - "Embody The Invisible"
Closer - "Im The Highway"

SMASHING PUMPKINS
Opener - "Cherub Rock"
Closer - "Heavy Metal Machine"

CRANBERRIES
Opener - "Dreams"
Closer - "Salvation"

SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES
Opener - "Hong Kong Garden"
Closer - "Fireworks"

BAD BRAINS
Opener - "Sailin On"
Closer - "I Against I"

Honorable mentions (or second stage bands haha): Misfits, TSOL, Megadeth, Slayer, Soundgarden, Sleigh Bells, Kylesa, Mindless Self Indulgence, Rammstein

6. 10 Years

Opener: Prey
Closer: Don't Fight It

10 Years has quickly become one of my favorite bands. Ever since seeing them at The Carnival Of Madness back in August, I just couldn't get enough of them. Their new album is probably their best, and from what I remember, they sound great live and even have fan interaction during their performances.

5. Sevendust
Opener: Splinter
Closer: Face To Face

Again, I saw Sevendust at The Carnival Of Madness, and while I didn't like them at the time, I love them now. Their music has grown on me, and from live videos that I've seen, everyone has a great time at their shows.

4. Sick Puppies
Opener: War
Closer: You're Going Down

Another band that I've seen live before. I saw them when they were opening for Nickelback on The Dark Horse Tour. They were good from what I remember, but they weren't on for a very long time. Thats something that disappointed me, I wanted to see more of them. They sounded great live, and I enjoyed them.

3. Three Days Grace
Opener: Animal I Have Become
Closer: Riot

I've never seen them live before, but in the past week, I've started to really like them. I watched their Live DVD and they sounded awesome. The fans have a great time, and so does the band. Riot would be awesome played last because the crowd goes crazy when the chorus hits.

2. Breaking Benjamin
Opener: Diary Of Jane
Closer: Breath

I haven't seen them live before either, but I've hear great things about them. I've watched the Live DVD that came with the CD/DVD version of Phobia and I know the lead singer had a lung infection at the time, so I wasn't too impressed. However, he's over that, and he probably sounds better than ever now.

1. Shinedown
Opener: Sound Of Madness
Closer: Second Chance

I've seen them twice before, and they were great live. They're my favorite band, so I wouldn't mind seeing them for a third time. They would have just released a new album the next time they go on tour, so there would be a new setlist for them. I'd love to hear a new setlist full of new songs live.

Marilyn Manson
Opens with: Devour
Closes with: Antichrist Supestar

Rob Zombie
Opens with: Jesus Frankenstein
Closes with: Mars Needs Woman

Korn
Opens with: Faget
Closes with: Get Up

Slipknot
Opens with: Duality
Closes with: People=Shit

System of a Down
Opens with: Pyscho
Closes with: Lost in Holywood

Alice Cooper
Opens with: Welcome to my Nightmare
Closes with: The Ballad of Dwight Fry/18 (with corey Manson, Zombie, serj, and Jd)

RIGHT.
Here's mine.

6) Arctic Monkeys - Live, they are my pure love.
Opener: Crying Lightning
Closer: I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor (Always will be CLASSIC)

5) Muse - They're a great live band, but could be my Headliners
Opener: Uprising
Closer: Hysteria (Always been my favourite)

4) Nirvana (I know Kurt's dead, but these guys, no matter how bad they may be live, are awesome)
Opener: Breed
Closer: Smells Like Teen Spirit (Need I say more)

3) Foo Fighters (Dave could stick around)
Opener: Walk ('Cos it's their new song - NO ITS NOT A PANTERA COVER)
Closer: Best of You (It's emotional and the best way to end what would be an amazing set.)

2) KoRn (One of my favourite bands, EVER)
Opener: Get Up (A new song, which is pretty fucking awesome)
Closer: Freak On A Leash (Many don't like this song, but I do)

1) Metallica (My headliners, because they rule.)
Opener: Master Of Puppets (Start with a Bang)
Closer: Battery (End with a Bigger Bang.)

Great to see that this thread has come back to life after about 6 months haha!

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far, you guys have made some great choices. J4L I especially like your choices, although Korn and Arctic Monkeys on the same card is a bit of a difference in styles! But that is the whole point, it doesnt matter what genre of music any of the bands come from, it is a super-gig for YOU and noone else.

That is the beauty of music, whatever genre, whatever artist, can be put together to create something unique and special for YOU.

This is pretty much every band I would like to see live, Pearl Jam being the only one that is currently a possibility and Ryan Adams and Neil Young would have to reunite with their respective backing bands to be a reality. The other two have each lost multiple members, so no dice there. Open it with the most recent band and pretty much move backwards in time from there.

Ryan Adams and The Cardinals - Probably the most underrated songwriter of this generation Ryan Adams reforms with The Cardinals and opens with "Magnolia Mountain" and closes with the epicness that is "Strawberry Wine".

Pearl Jam - I love it when Vedder opens PJ shows solo style with "Just Breathe"/"The End", great stuff. Probably end with their usual closer "Yellow Ledbetter".

Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Probably one of the greatest jam bands of all-time, Crazy Horse is back with Neil Young and they open with the ten minute "Down by The River" close with "Rockin' in the Free World" and for fun I'll put Vedder out there to help drive it home on vocals since Pearl Jam usually covers it at their concerts.

Derek and The Dominos - For this band you'd have to bring two back from the dead, free one from a mental institution and convince Clapton and Bobby Whitlock to work together again. None of those things will ever happen so I think I'm outta luck here. But it would be so sweet to see them launch into "Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad" with Clapton and Duane Allman trading slide solos. Close with the sweet "Thorn Tree In The Garden".

The Beatles - And how could this show not end with imo the greatest band of all-time? Open with "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" and end with the complete Abbey Road Medley. Add on an encore of "Sgt. Pepper's Reprise"/A Day In The Life", in which I'd haul ten or so pianos on stage to recreate the final piano chord that's on record. And while it's reverberating through the crowd, have The Beatles bow and leave the stage with that final chord still echoing.

6) Tyr
A folk/Norse mythology Metal band from Faroe Islands. They are one of the best bands Ive heard in a while
Opener: Hold the heathen hammer High
Closer: Shadow of the Swastika

5) Kamelot
an American melodic metal band, and the best at it in my opinion
Opener: Forever
Closer:The Mourning after (Carry On)

4) Iron Maiden: We ALL know Maiden
Opener: Aces High
Closer: The Trooper

3) Tool:
Opener:Stinkfist
Closer:parabol/Parabola (With danny carey drum solo at end)

2) Marilyn Manson:
Opener:Crucifixtion in space
Closer: Angel with the Scabbed wings

1) Metallica
Obviously, as I have stated many times, they are my favorite band.
Opener:Blackened
Closer:Master of Puppets

Listed in the order they come on the stage

I think this is basically what I'd go with

Reasons why marked in (these things) below each band

1.Asking Alexandria
Opener : Morte et dabo
Closer : Closure

(Strong start , appropriately named closer)

2.Arch Enemy
Opener : Vengeance is mine
Closer : Vultures

(Strong start , epic closer)

3.Black Veil Brides
Opener : Fallen Angels
Closer : God bless you

(Opening song is almost like an anthemic introduction of themselves , closer song is like saying thank you for listening)

4.Machine Head
Opener : Locust
Closer : Halo

(Strong start , epic closing)

5.Trivium
Opener : Pull harder on the strings of your martyr
Closer : Becoming the dragon

(Strong start , epic closing)

6.Metallica
Opener : Dyers eve
Closer : Fade to black

(Strong start , and a truly epic closing song that is the most appropriate thing to close a show with ever)

Mine will never happen but this is just for fun so here we go

Bullet For My Valentine

Opener - Tears Don't Fall. They opened with this the last time i saw them live and it was just crazy. Starts out slow than just bursts into a loud "LETS GO!!!"

Closer - Waking The Demon. Great song to end the show with. This was hard for me to choose as it was between this and "Hand Of Blood", but had to go with this one.

Disturbed

Opener - Ten Thousand Fists. They opened with this when I saw them and it got the crowd going like none other, especially when the lyric "ten thousand fists in the air" and all of us put our fists in the air. Just awesome

Closer - Down With The Sickness. As if there was any better closing song? I think not. The song that made catapulted them and one of my favorite songs to play on guitar.

Avenged Sevenfold

opener - Nightmare. A lot of these opening and closing tracks I pick merely for the fact that when I have seen these bands live these are the songs they open/close with. Wasnt a big fan of this song at first but after seeing it live grew on me amazingly.

Closer - Bat Country. This is what they closed with too. Completely ends their set in the best way possible. I would have also prefered "Scream" as well.

Breaking Benjamin

Opener - Polyamorous. Great opener and their first single ever so why not?

closer - Evil Angel. Probably being biased on this one, but this is my favorite breaking benjamin song. It gives you such a haunting feeling and Ben's voice is just outstanding in this one. I think a good way to send everyone home happy.

Killswitch Engage

Opener - When Darkness Falls. One of my favorite workout bands!!! Howards voice is awesome on this track, this was the first song I heard from them after they got howard as their vocalist. I was kind of skeptic but they had me hooked after hearing this song.

Closer - My Curse. Nice melodic intro to a full on metal chorus.

All That Remains

Opener - The Air That I Breathe. A highly underrated band and its such a shame. Perfect opener to get the blood flowing. This song never got as much praise as it should have.

Closer - A Song For The Hopeless. I know what your thinking for guys who know this band. Why not "This Calling"? It should close, but this is my favorite song from All That Remains and at least would send me home happy.

I got half of this concert one time. Killswitch Engage performed in Texas and had All that Remains and Bullet for my valentine as openers. That was probably the closest i will get

I'm pretty sure this one COULD actually happen since 5/6ths of the bands are very similar , Breaking Benjamin is the odd one out and on hiatus though so thats the only "No way" part about it if you ask me

I'm probably gonna have a really varied show here, especially with a clash of sounds and eras, but here goes:

First: The Killers
Opener: Losing Touch
Closer: Mr. Brightside
Starting off strong with my favorite current band. Just cover most of their work, representing each album equally.

Second: Kings of Leon
Opener: Knocked Up
Closer: Taper Jean Girl
Yeah, I love these guys. I'd want them to play mostly older stuff, with a couple from their last album.

Third: Grizzly Bear
Opener: Two Weeks
Closer: Knife
Time to get slow it down. Play mostly acoustic, when they're at their best. Play all of Vekatimist, with the previous two albums represented equally.

Forth: Radiohead
Opener: Airbag
Closer: Paranoid Android
Like The Killers, cover everything they've done. I want to hear it all.

Fifth: Nirvana
Opener: In Bloom
Closer: Aneurysm
My second favorite band ever. Can't happen, of course, but I can dream. Do a few B-sides along with album tracks.

Finale: The Beatles
Opener: Taxman
Closer: Helter Skelter
My favorite band ever. Once again, this could never happen, for obvious reasons, but I'd love to see them at least once. Do mostly later work, with some early hits as well.

Some good choices here's mine.

311 - I love this band but they need to buy a globe so they can find Wales.
Opener - Homebrew
Closer - Stealing Happy Hours

36 Crazyfists - just the thing to get the crowd jumping.

Opener - I'll go untill my heart stops.
Closer - bury me where I fall.

Marilyn Manson - one of the best live bands I have ever seen. Just do earlier stuff.

Opener - Cake and Sodomy.
Closer - Wrapped in plastic.

Machine Head - any line up they all rule.

Opener - 10 Tonne Hammer
Closer - Block.

The Worthless Peons - This is the band of Ted from Scrubs. Just to chill people down after the previous bands.
Opener - Hey Yeh (outcast cover).
Closer - The book of Love.

Headline act
Fear Factory - My favourite band ever.
Opener - shock
Closer - Martyr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members