• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your favourite pre-match video promo?

Wolf Pac

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Just like the title says. Which of the many pre-match video promos you have witnessed, has hyped up an upcoming match best, for you?

I would have to go with John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 23.

[YOUTUBE]cOvR42rnTvs[/YOUTUBE]

Not only does it bring out the best of both superstars' careers, making the match between the two look challenging but it captures the mood of the match especially at 0.56 - 1.56.

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker II WrestleMania 26

[YOUTUBE]k_4U371ROYs[/YOUTUBE]

I must have Youtubed this and watched it over and over and over again.

[YOUTUBE]cOvR42rnTvs[/YOUTUBE]

There I fixed it for you and for future reference when you want to post a video just but in the letters and numbers that follow v= into the Youtube tags not the whole link.

Now for me, my favorite match promo video would have to be The WWF vs The Alliance Survivor Series 2001 promo. It has one of my favorite songs ever in Control as the theme and I really loved the angle at the time.

[youtube]7ABYB2ObWzY[/youtube]

EDIT: Damn double post oh well might as well make another contribution to this thread.

Here it goes, John Cena vs Randy Orton Bragging Rights 2009:

[youtube]Sod3MoDj_Zs[/youtube]

Made me a fan of Civil Twilight and was a pretty damn good recap of the rivalry.

I have a new favorite. The Taker vs. Kane one that was on SD! a bit ago. That sent chills down my spine. I'll find a video of it tomorrow.

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite threads as I realise how many video packages I've loved over the years.

Here's another one, Elimination Chamber Survivor Series 2002:

[youtube]Go2uqtK8PZg[/youtube]

RVD's face at 1:20 is priceless and I love how the lyrics match the attack HHH did on HBK at 1:42.

There I fixed it for you and for future reference when you want to post a video just but in the letters and numbers that follow v= into the Youtube tags not the whole link.

Now for me, my favorite match promo video would have to be The WWF vs The Alliance Survivor Series 2001 promo. It has one of my favorite songs ever in Control as the theme and I really loved the angle at the time.

[youtube]7ABYB2ObWzY[/youtube]

Yeeeah, loved that shit

Not only does this have one of Limp Bizkit's best songs, it follows the storyline spawned from my favorite instance of my favorite PPV (The Rumble, 2001 to be precise) and the video is just perfect for it

[YOUTUBE]-OjEIXCQqTM[/YOUTUBE]

I don't know about anybody else, but this video always sends chills down my spine and make the hairs on my arms stand up.

[YOUTUBE]aKFggqbmts8[/YOUTUBE]

Not only did I love this era in Wrestling, but this match was completely and perfectly hyped and it lived up to it's expectations. This promo gets me amped up everytime, even now when I watch it on DVD, I feel like I'm back in 2004 watching it live. It kicks in properly at about 2:09 - 2:10.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9VsDr-Oadwo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9VsDr-Oadwo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I really like this one alot. It speaks to me!

WAIT! FUCK! Damn it, how the hell do I post a video? I put in the code around the youtube wrapping.... did I do it wrong?

[YOUTUBE]9VsDr-Oadwo[/YOUTUBE]

I really like this one alot. It speaks to me!

I fixed it for and like I said before just copy and paste the numbers and/or letters that come after v= in the link into the youtube tags. I found another one that I really like.

[youtube]pwlQedhQAZg[/youtube]

I love this one:

[YOUTUBE]n9m2zNdxm44[/YOUTUBE]

FunKay beat me to this one so I'll post another from the same event.

[YOUTUBE]EY4ENDZf724&p=E83D64A6E913BFF9&playnext=1&index=11[/YOUTUBE]

All the video promos were awesome for WM XIX were awesome which is part of the reason it was the best mania ever.

Great match for it too. Currently watching it for the first time in probably 7 or 8 years.

[YOUTUBE]EXmItxUs-_Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2-4tENT14b8[/YOUTUBE]

I gotta say I like this promo too just for how they show WCW treated Jericho like nothing but shit but how in WWE they pushed him to stardom.

Whenever I move to a different place, I always think about how the last place I was at, treated me like shit but how the new place will do wonders for me.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C14oT3belk[/YOUTUBE]

Like the Chris Jericho - HBK promo at WM 19, I like this promo cuz it shows how both men were wannabes of their favourite wrestlers when they first began in the wrestling business but then goes onto show how they made themselves an established name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back