• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Favourite Post

Барбоса

doesn't know REAL wrestling...
In all likelihood, this has been done before but as there is a "greatest things ever said on WZ" thread in the Cage, I thought maybe it was a good time to start/restart this discussion.

I would say try to keep it to non-spam posts that you yourself have posted to keep this from mirroring Tdigs' thread.

For me personally and somewhat strangely on a largely American wrestling forum, my favourite posts have come outside the wrestling sections and are not about an 'American' subject; whether it be the history threads I did in the Cigar Lounge such as the Underrated/Overrated Military Commanders, Defeating a Superpower and whether it is ever acceptable to destroy historical momuments or the blight of the defensive midfielder in football in the Sports Stadium.

However, there is one post that I personally like more than any of my others, almost certainly due to the emotional response I get from reading it myself as well as the excellent accompanying video.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=134159

The only disappointing thing about that post is that I had the chance to go to that game in 2005 but turned it down due to the immense price - something like £1000 all in.

I would pay it in a hearbeat now...

What about you?

Um so this thread is about tooting you own horn?

On a side note I love the match the OP has posted. Thats my favorite football match. Either that or Man U vs Bayern Munich in the Champions league final of 2001.

Call me what you will, but I actually liked the "What If...?" thread I created about what the World would be like nowa'days if the war ended at the Christmas 1914 ceasefire. One of the better threads I've created despite the fact that people hated on me for it.

Um so this thread is about tooting you own horn?

Not necessarily.

I said "favourite" not "best." I do not think that the Liverpool post in the Sports Stadium is my best post but it is certainly my favourite, as I said for the subject matter and the emotions it illicits in me.

Call me what you will, but I actually liked the "What If...?" thread I created about what the World would be like nowa'days if the war ended at the Christmas 1914 ceasefire. One of the better threads I've created despite the fact that people hated on me for it.

I said at the time that it was unfairly treated and I still think that it is a legitimate "What if?" scenario. The problem perhaps was that it was such a large "what if" that it attracted derision if you get my meaning. The Christmas "ceasefire" was a spontaneous event orchestrated by the normal rank and file in the trenches rather than an organised happening by those in charge so for it to continue after Christmas would have been due to mutiny in the ranks (not an altogether ridiculous idea given the conditions in the trenches).

However, a "what if" history in which the Great War ended before it became "Great" could be very interesting with the potential lack of Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia, the effects it might have had on the Great Depression, the lack of or an extended period of US isolationism etc.

I remember that post Barbo... I don't remember how to spell it. I think I repped you for it. Really though, anytime you make a non spam post it's a gem. Probably the smartest poster on the site.

I think my favorite post was either my closing post for the NXT NWS competition or defending Ken Griffey Jr. the day after he retired. I'll go find both.

Here's the mod post http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=2443525#post2443525

And Becker being a jackass http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=2104111&highlight=ken+griffey+jr+retires#post2104111

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back