• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your favourite comedic gimmick ever?

I always loved seeing Gillberg come out to his "security" and then having Sparklers instead of actual Pyro and being sprayed with the Fire Extinguisher. Always was a blast seeing him getting squashed all the time or at least a majority of the time as well

The Miz and morrison show was kind of funny towards the end they put allot into those shows...the palace of wisdom weekly videos as well...satino's casa as well...you have to commend zack ryder for creating his show to get him over as miz, morrison and santino and even crime time had done in the past.

As far as on wwe tv i liked al snows Head gimick it felt defiant and very D-X worthy...what does everybody want...HEAD... what does everybody need...HEAD!
al-snow.jpg

WOO WOO WOO You Know It!

"The Long Island Iced Z"
"The Internet Champion"
Zack Ryder

I didn't watch wrestling prior to 2005, so i haven't seen many of these gimmicks... but this is my favorite yet.

Take Care, SPIKE (yes Vince, spike) Your Hair!

Colt Cabana is the best comedy wrestler of the day, mentioning Hornswaggle instead of him is a travesty. Also El Generico.

My favourite comedic gimmick ever? Chris Jericho as a 'chicken-shit heel' circa 97-98. The conspiracy theory trip to Washington, the fat security guards, mocking Goldberg only to get locked out of arenas, the man of 1004 moves of which 120 were 'arm bar' and 160 were 'arm drag'. Jericho was that rare quality of being hilarious and yet a stunning wrestler. WCW should have used him fueding with Goldberg to push him to the top card, instead he had to wait until WWE could give him an opportunity.

GoldustSDvsRAW2011Hinton1.png

Goldust

Lol, Goldust is by far one of the best gimmicks/characters in WWE history and definitely one of the most underrated Wrestlers ever. He is the definition of comedy gold. Goldust would always make me laugh. One of my favorite comedy sketches ever involved The Rock, Goldust and Booker T at King of the Ring 2002. It was hilarious. I think Goldust should definitely be the front runner for best comedy genius. Santino or Hornswoggle cannot even compare to Goldust and his hilarious gimmick from the '90's.

I loved Saturn and Moppy, Snow and Head and Chavo and Pepe. I also loved the JOB squad and Norman Smiley hardcore champ. My favourite has to be DX vs NOD when DX came out dressed as NOD with Jason Sensation dressed as Owen Hart "I am not a nugget"

I agree about Al Snow and Head. Al Snow has always been very entertaining to me, both in the ring and his promos be they serious or comedic. I saw him in TNA the other day with D'Lo Brown as part of the security team. Looks like they be setting up an angle between the two..maybe after the pop D'Lo got at Bound For Glory. I would rather Al Snow come back to the WWE and work matches in the midcard with some of the younger talent.

Booker T and Goldust were comedy gold when they were together. So many great moments came out of that gimmick.

D Generation X gave us a whole list of funny moments over the years... great ones involving Owen Hart and The Nation of Domination.

Goldust

His stuttering gimmick was a source of some genuine LOL moments. As stated before he was given a pile of SHT and turned it into gold. It works so well with his bizarre gimmick, that him screaming out non-sensical stuff is believable.

One reason it is the best comedic gimmick is because of its longevity. To this day Goldust still utilizes the affects of being shocked.

I liked Eugene. He was quite a good wrestler but he used everyones move sets. Some of the funniest was against Kurt for gold medals.

I also liked Charlie haas when he dressed up as so many other superstars over about 6 weeks.

Colt Cabana is the best comedy wrestler of the day, mentioning Hornswaggle instead of him is a travesty. Also El Generico.

My favourite comedic gimmick ever? Chris Jericho as a 'chicken-shit heel' circa 97-98. The conspiracy theory trip to Washington, the fat security guards, mocking Goldberg only to get locked out of arenas, the man of 1004 moves of which 120 were 'arm bar' and 160 were 'arm drag'. Jericho was that rare quality of being hilarious and yet a stunning wrestler. WCW should have used him fueding with Goldberg to push him to the top card, instead he had to wait until WWE could give him an opportunity.

*Checks the forum*

Oh yeah I'm in the WWE forum, I love Colt Conaba but it's not the indy board is it? I did love Chris Jerichos chicken shit heel gimmick, especially listing the moves :D

Surprised that no one has mentioned Eddie Guerrero. His whole "Lie,Cheat,Steal" gimmick was hilarious. The way he hit the chair on the floor when the ref was down and threw it in his opponent's hand to win by DQ was pure gold.

Lodi with his signs was pretty good. I marked out in the day for him. He was a cult favorite, and we would watch nitro at the bar I worked at, and we pretty much became his fan club. A close nod would be Scotty Too Hotty, W.O.R.M.

LOL.. oh man, i loved that.. I cracked up every time Kanyon would diamond cut someone and then yell bang afterwards.. i think there was one where he diamond cutted a camera man, and the camera hit the floor and Kanyon kneels down to it and yells 'BANG"

But my favorite comedic wrestler? Probably Buff Bagwell, he was hilarious.. especially during the time he was with Scott Steiner.. but you may not be asking for just any ol' wrestler that was silly because hell, you could probably add HHH and HBK into that category..

My 2 favorite.

Mankind when he was just batshit crazy, before they decided to make his gimmick a world champion. Like, when he introduced Mr. Socko.

and my 2nd was DAMN!, not even so much for Ron Simmons, but the way the crowd built up to it as soon as the camera put him in view.

I got to say Crash Holly and the hardcore title whenever someone tried to get it. Everytime it was at an unconventional place, and I found that to be hilarious.

I got to say Crash Holly and the hardcore title whenever someone tried to get it. Everytime it was at an unconventional place, and I found that to be hilarious.

I LOVED when he fought at "Fun Time." Everyone fighting with Crash going down the slide followed by the camera man was hilarious. Here's a link (youtube link didn't work, search for Crash Holly defends HARDCORE TITLE 24/7).

As for favourite comedy routine, Goldust and Booker T! They had some hilarious back and forth backstage. More good stuff you look up on youtube! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back