Your Favorite Sport to Attend

People's Champ

Bleeding Teal
So im curious as to what sport people love to attend the most. What sport get you fired up? Which one do yoy have the most fun at?
I've been to all of the different sports. I've attend a 49ers game when they played my Redskins. I've gone down to L.A to watch my Lakers at Staples. I've been to my S.F. Giants. Hell I went to first Arena Bowl the S.J. Sabercats won. But nothing and I mean nothing compares to a Sharks game. I must admit I wasn't big on hockey prior to going to a game when I was a kid. And even when I went I still didn't understand what was so good about it. But when I went a few years back it was the most exciting game ever. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. After the game I was so drained. I know have season tickets and can't live without my Sharks. I've been thru the good when we made a run. Been thru the bad when we played the Red Wings. But it never fails that I will have the best time.
What sport do you find to be the best to attend?

I'm sure this thread has been done before, but why not, it's been awhile. For me, though baseball is probably my all-time favorite sport, it has to be football (American football that is. Real football. ;) There simply isn't a more fun environment to watch a game. Nevermind the fact that football is just a damn fun game to watch on TV and even more so in person (it's like a simultaneous crowd orgasm when your team scores a TD), but just the environment is what makes it so great. Everyone is just having a great time, getting drunk, eating comfort food, shouting and yelling and cheering, it's just damn fun. It's literally just like one giant party really, especially with the pre and post-game tailgating parties that you have. I just went to a Giants-Patriots preseason game about a month ago, and had the time of my laugh getting wasted, screaming at the top of my lungs and rooting on my Pats as they came from behind to defeat the Giants (game-winning TD was scored about 15 ft away from my seats, awesome).

Definitely football. Though I like to think of baseball as the ultimate sport simply because of it's great and rich tradition (it truly is America's sport), football is definitely the most fun to attend.

So, I have been to my share of White Sox games. I am the residential Sox fan on these here forums. Sorry, small tangent. But they aren't my favorite to attend anymore. Sure I love US Cellular Field, and the atmosphere is great with the fans, because we actually care on our side of Chicago ;). Summer Chicago divides, rest of the seasons we unite.

I would say football, but I haven't been to any Bears games, and high school football can only do so much for you.

But I must concur with Peoples Champ. Hockey is by far my favorite to attend. I went to two Blackhawks games last season, both were fan-fucking-tastic. The electricity in the building at the start of the game is probably unparalleled, and if you ever see the National Anthem for the Blackhawks, you know why. It causes a ruckus, and opposing teams need to start fast at the United Center, because if they let the raucus crowd get into their head, they are doomed. Fantastic times, and hopefully can get to a few more this season.

Gotta go with hockey. I haven't been to a ton of games, but the games I have been to are great. The hockey fans are among the best in all of sports and it's just a great atmosphere. It really is incredible to watch how easy it is for them on the ice and how big they actually are. To me, nothing beats attending a hockey game live.

High school basketball. I've been to pro football, baseball and basketball games. I've been to college football and college basketball games, including Mizzou vs. Kansas. But for me, NOTHING beats a high school basketball games, with a packed house and two good teams. I've played in, coached, and watched high school basketball for over a decade now, and I can honestly say that cramming 800-1000 people in a small gymnasium for two great teams just leads to an unreal atmosphere.

Formula 1.

I have been fortunate enough to of attended the last nine British Grand Prix's, and I still maintain that it has one of the best atmospheres of any grand prix on the calender. I have been to see Manchester United v.s Arsenal last season and United won the title. I saw my favourite team Torquay United beat Cambridge United at Wembley Stadium to gain promotion (infact, I saw both these games in the same weekend, was fucking epic!), but I'd honestly trade all those in to see the British Grand Prix.

The anticipation before the race starts is incredible. The atmosphere in the crowd is amazing, as it's one of the few sports in the world where rival fans can sit next to each other, have a great time, drink a beer and watch the world's best racing drivers do what they do best. Plus Silverstone is such an historic circuit, that adds to the whole experience. Watching a Formula 1 car going through Beckets is honestly one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

I love watching Football live, don't get me wrong. When your singing along with your fellow supports and taunting the opposite set of supporters, it's a great feeling (not that I'm a thug or anything), but for me personally, Formula 1 is the most amazing sport to witness live. Going to the British Grand Prix is now my drug... I probably should take up cannabis or something, it'll be cheaper. :D

Hockey. The building is chilled. The fans are buzzing, and the excitement is incredible. I have always thought that the hockey atmosphere is top notch because of how enclosed it feels. You are on the edge of your seat for 3 twenty minute periods. when a goal is scored, everyone jumps to their feet. The fans go nuts for a big hit. A beautiful save causes the fans to cheer, and a cheap shot causes the fans (or maybe it is just me) to yell for the death of their family.

Go to a meaningful NFL game and this thread can be shut down.

The electricity going through the entire stadium is absolutely mind-numbing. Games in the NFL are the second most meaningful (behind College football) and everyone hinges on every single play. The place is loud the entire time and everyone is into the game, especially when it's a great game. Opposing fans walking into the stadium at their own risk? The scariest proposition in American sports.

It's definitely hockey, with baseball a distant second. As previously mentioned, the is always an electricity in the building, as if the crowd is just waiting to explode. The game itself is always exciting, which is where baseball loses points. I can't think of a better atmosphere than going to a St. Louis Blues game.

To be honest, I have only been to one sports event in my lifetime. It was a school trip to the Wachovia Spectrun, in which I went to four years ago, in the 6th grade, to see the Philadelphia Kixx play a Soccer game. I actually enjoyed the game... a lot more than I expected. Although, I was upset that the Kixx lost 8-4.

Anyway, I think that my favorite sport to attend would probably be a basketball game. I hate loved basketball my whole life, and I think I would enjoy every part of going to see a game. I would have said wrestling, but depending on where my seats would be could determine how much I would enjoy the event. Baseball who take too long. I love hockey, but don't think I would have much fun going to a game. I hate Football. So, Basketball is my choice.

Hockey is probably the most fun. I've been to 1 Kings game and it was fun, but we have a local ECHL Team and I have been going for years and years and it is always a good time.

I also like Drag racing, 4seconds of thundering, GROUNDSHAKING Horsepower and cars going past you at over 300mph less than 50 feet away(closer at my home track). For sheer, raw, chest pounding power nothing is better than Nitro drag racing. Everytime I go the first thing we do is go to the pits and find a nitro car warming up, we inhale deeply and feel the rush of raw nitro, it gives you a headache and your eyes water but there is nothing better than the smell of nitro in the morning.

I hope to experience the thrill of a World Series game when the Angels get there THIS YEAR!!

I can't choose between cricket and football.

Cricket is amazing to go to, especially England Test matches. It lasts from 11 in morning until around six in the evening. Seven hours of sun (on occasions) and alcohol watching England spectaculary fail is an immense day out. The crack is beaut, everyone's in high spirits and the players occasionally interact with the crowd.

Football is brilliant to watch to, and is the sport with the most emotions in the world. Goals are celebrated like teams have won Championships. It is a special event and for a few seconds there are no problems in life. This bollocks about football being "boring" as there are too few goals doesn't take into account celebrating goals. Why is there a need to celebrate a basket in basketball? By the time you've got out your seat the opposition has scored themselves. In football this is rarely the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back