Your favorite soccer player(s) of all time

Ferbian

Has Returned.
Yet again a thread for us soccer fans, after really having gone over tons of video's through the past 2 days of football players to try and feed material to my "Your favorite soccer goal of all time" I started to think, who's really my favorite player(s) of all time, and well I'm pretty sure I got a firm list of 5 contenders.

So I'm gonna share with you, my 5 favorite soccer players ever, and I'm hoping you'll join me in sharing your favorite players, doesn't have to be 5, doesn't have to be 1, 10 etc. you get the point.

And like the other thread, again, why?

My favorite players:

Steven Gerrard - Liverpool.

[YOUTUBE]ARCXUPKmmyY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]zGATeOswER0[/YOUTUBE]

A little promotional video for Steven, shows his talent pretty well I believe.

I've always loved Gerrard, found him to be an incredible talent with a very bright future ever since I really started watching football in 2001, where he really started to shine as the captain of Liverpool.

Zinedine Zidane - Real Madrid (that's where my love for him grew, so that's the club I name him in)

[YOUTUBE]LhcM4WP2cTc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]E7jkHXt2lqw[/YOUTUBE]

Another one of the greatest midfield players to have stepped onto the field I believe, and has always caught my attention during his matches, a great player, with great footwork.

Gianluigi Buffon - Juventus

[YOUTUBE]zvRfq0vZU0o[/YOUTUBE]

This guy really caught my attention during the 2006 world cup where Italy won it, and he was yet again declared goalkeeper of the year on a multitude of times that year, really impressing me, and has been one of my favorite goalkeepers for quite a bit of time due to his play in the 2006 world cup.

Raul Gonzales - Real Madrid

[YOUTUBE]qMdglZzzQnI[/YOUTUBE]

Arguably my favorite forwarder of all time, he's not the greatest I'll say that, but he's always left an impression of greatness for me, I've always enjoyed the matches he was in, and in the 2006 world cup he was actually one of the sole reasons I cheered for Spain in the period of time they were in there.

Peter Schmeichel - Manchester United

Now I didn't exactly follow him during his prime and everything, I wasn't the biggest football fan back then, but due to his legacy and the sheer fact that I have to be a liitle bit nationalistic in this from my own point of view, I'm gonna have to go with one of the arguably greatest goalkeepers of all time from my point of view, one of the reasons Denmark was actually a good football team for a period of time, along with the Laudrup brothers.

[YOUTUBE]32bK9BfxFMQ[/YOUTUBE]

Time for you to show your favorite(s)!

Gerrard is probably my favourite of all time. That video missed so many goals that to show how good he truly is would need a half hour long vid.

I'm also a big fan of Fernando Torres, Xabi Alonso and Pepe Reina.

I begrudgingly admire Wayne Rooney, great player who seems to be coming into his own at the moment.

Shearer was a great player at his peak as was Beckham.

Going back a few years, Zidane was in a class of his own. In many ways to Messi now, except he was crucial for both France and Real. And silky with the ball at his feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back