• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your favorite PPV of all time?

Kaneanite

Getting Noticed By Management
If this thread has been made before, I apologize. I didn't see it.

For me, it's a tie between Wrestlemania 17 and Royal Rumble '99.

Wrestlemania 17 - Kane, my favorite, won the Hardcore Championship. Kane is the greatest to me. Big, scary, and then he had his mask which was just awesome. Seeing him win a title, any time, is great. Kurt Angle beat Benoit in a great match as well. The AWESOME TLC match between E&C, Hardy Boyz, and Dudley's happened as well (though I wanted the Hardyz to win, it was a great match nonetheless). Taker vs HHH was good with both super power houses and obviously Austin/Rock rivalry highlighted this great PPV.

Rumble '99 - this was my first PPV and it consisted of one of Mick Foley and The Rocks greatest matches - the I Quit match. Also, the drama behind Austin/Vince was hilarious and epic and Kane also had a very quick 4 eliminations and then obviously... him self. Undertaker converted Mabel into Viscera who was pretty damn creepy himself. It was just an awesome PPV for me.

King of the Ring 2001 gets an honorable mention with my favorite match of all time, Shane McMahon vs Kurt Angle in a Street Fight along with one of my favorite all time WWE Superstars Edge winning the tournament. It was good.

I think my favorite PPV of all time really has to be WM 17 as you said. I mean that TLC match was one of the best if not the best tag team match in WWE history. Jeff Hardy's Swanton Bomb from the ladder onto Bubba was just breathtaking to say the least and no one has really ever seen someone jump off a ladder like that before him. The finish to this match was great also. Taker vs. HHH was not bad, Angle vs. Benoit was a solid old school match from what I remember and the main event of Rock vs Austin was just icing on the cake. This was really one of the best Wrestlemanias because it had excitement, wrestling, legends, and meaning to it.

UHHH best ppv of all time is a tough question. Some great cards of all time include WM III, Starrcade 1983 a Flair for the Gold, Wrestlemania 17 was off the hook.

My favorite PPV of all time is Wrestlemania XX, 2 fatal 4 way matches for both tag team titles, the victoria vs molly holly hair match, cena and big show to kick off, Rock N' Sock connection vs Evolution, Angle vs Eddie Guerrero and to close the card a sensational match up Benoit vs HHH vs Michaels in one of the greatest triple threats ever!

I agree with u guys on wrestlemania 17 being my favorite too and wrestlingfreak wm 17 was way better than wm 20 i just watched them both in the last 2 days i been watching the wrestlemania antholgy.I mean tlc was awsome i wish joey styles was there to yell OH MY GOD.shane vs. vince had a great build up.Triple H vs. Undertaker was one hec of a match.I liked the triple threat hardcore match and the main event austin and rock was absolutely spectacular one of the greatest of all time

I hate to Jump on the bandwagon but I have to agree that Wrestlemania 17 was the greatest PPV of all time. Let's look at the Card.

Chris Jericho Vs William Regal
Not the best PPV opener but a solid bout.

Tazz and the APA vs Right To Censor
The Literal definition of a throwaway match. I think the entrances actually lasted longer than the match.

Kane Vs Raven Vs Big Show Triple Threat
A solid match between the three.

Eddie Guerrero Vs Test
Eddie never disappointed

Kurt Angle Vs Chris Benoit
A good old fashioned technical contest

Chyna Vs Ivory
A solid match (albeit short)

Shane O-Mac Vs Vinnie Mac
These two had a good feud and a good match with Foley there as a special referee

TLC Match
Nothing More can possibly be said about this match

Gimmick Battle Royal
Yeah I know nobody cares about this "match" but it was still entertaining to see some of the old guys like Earthquake (RIP John Tenta)

Undertaker Vs Triple H
Without Spoiling the ending It was a really good match between two veterans

Austin vs The Rock
One of the most shocking endings to a pay-per-view EVER.

OK, my pick doesnt have anything to do with the matches, because looking back, it was horrible, but I have to go with Wrestlemania IX.

I picked that because when I was a kid, my parents let me rent one movie every weekend from this little store. Well Wrestlemania IX had just been released on video, and that was the only wrestling they had, so every single Friday for the better part of a year, I watched it. I rented it every single weekend because wrestling was all I cared about and it was a way to watch it. So I know I'm going to get shit for that pick, but thats the PPV that stands out the most to me.

My opinion is bias but I'll answer anyway. My favorite PPV was Wrestlemania 23, but only because I was there live in the 4th row on the entrace meer inches from all superstars and Diva's that night. :worship:

ok its hard to chose from every ppv that ive ever seen but my absolute favorite ppv would have to be ecw one night stand 2006 for the only fact that i was there and this was the only ppv ive ever been to. the card was pretty good with rvd vs cena for the wwe title in a extreme rules match, sabu vs rey mysterio for the world heavyweight championship in a extreme rules match, mick foley edge and lita vs tommy dreamer terry funk and beulah mcgillicutty in a intergender extreme rules match, kurt angle vs randy orton, balls mahoney vs masato tanaka in a extreme rules match, the f.b.i. vs tajiri and super crazy, and tazz vs jerry the king lawler. just hearing the fans chant kill the ****** when the sandman was destroying eugene with a kendo stick and cena swallows and cena sucks dick and when the fans kept throwing his tshirt back at him just topped it all off for me.

If this thread has been made before, I apologize. I didn't see it.

For me, it's a tie between Wrestlemania 17 and Royal Rumble '99.

Wrestlemania 17 - Kane, my favorite, won the Hardcore Championship. Kane is the greatest to me. Big, scary, and then he had his mask which was just awesome. Seeing him win a title, any time, is great. Kurt Angle beat Benoit in a great match as well. The AWESOME TLC match between E&C, Hardy Boyz, and Dudley's happened as well (though I wanted the Hardyz to win, it was a great match nonetheless). Taker vs HHH was good with both super power houses and obviously Austin/Rock rivalry highlighted this great PPV.

Rumble '99 - this was my first PPV and it consisted of one of Mick Foley and The Rocks greatest matches - the I Quit match. Also, the drama behind Austin/Vince was hilarious and epic and Kane also had a very quick 4 eliminations and then obviously... him self. Undertaker converted Mabel into Viscera who was pretty damn creepy himself..

str8 up these 2 are my favorite ppv, but if i gotta pick one its wrestlemania 17 every single match was the shit, and austin joining vince was probably the second greatest heel turn in history(hogan at bash at the beach number1) and i believe this was the first wrestlemania since 6 which was held ina huge arena with over 70,000 fans which made this event that much better, and the vince vs shane match was very entertaining as wellll sooo far best wrestlemania ever and best ppv ever

Summerslam 91 was the best PPV to me. Every match had a great story and so much hype behind them. Only time where you can see people like Bret Hart, Mr Perfect, Legion Of Doom, Nasty Boys, Big Bossman, The Mountie, all outshine Hulk Hogan.

This one is difficult. You see, I haven't seen too many ppvs. I will have to go with Wrestlemania 24 being my favorite because it was my first WWE ppv and my first Wrestlemania. Undertaker vs. Edge will always be one of my very favorite matches of all time.

Runner ups would be:
Wrestlemania 26
Backlash 2009
Royal Rumble 2006 (i saw it on dvd)

OK, my pick doesnt have anything to do with the matches, because looking back, it was horrible, but I have to go with Wrestlemania IX.

I picked that because when I was a kid, my parents let me rent one movie every weekend from this little store. Well Wrestlemania IX had just been released on video, and that was the only wrestling they had, so every single Friday for the better part of a year, I watched it. I rented it every single weekend because wrestling was all I cared about and it was a way to watch it. So I know I'm going to get shit for that pick, but thats the PPV that stands out the most to me.

This was also my favorite, and for the same reason, more or less. I first watched this ppv live, but we didn't pay for it so it was scrambled. When I was a kid, it was a ritual of mine to watch scrambled pay-per-views. The audio was perfect. Then when it came on video I rented it a few times, and eventually bought it, because after a year or so, they sold their wrestling video tapes.

i honestly don't have 1. Survivor Series 1996 was 1 of the first PPVs i ever ordered so that'll always stick out to me. Mania 19 was great. but if i had to pick just 1 off the top of my head i'd say Mania 23.

the card was pretty damn solid and it didn't hurt my 2 favorites of all time were both getting title shots. 1 of them won (Undertaker) while the other WASN'T John Cena (Shawn Michaels)

WrestleMania 20. I loved that event and the memory of Eddie Guerrero (one of my all-time favourites) successfully defending the WWE Title at Madison Square Garden at such a prestigious event will stay with me my whole life. The return of Taker to the "Dark Side", Rock n Sock vs Evolution and the great Triple Threat between HBK Triple H & Benoit were all thrillers, and while this match was universally panned pretty much, I actually thought Goldberg and Lesnar was a great match. They really sold the whole both guys being too big to get the upper hand on for either of them thing well, and seeing Austin stunner them both was great. Jericho v Christian and Cena vs Big Show were solid matches, and the two four corner tag matches were fitting ways to decide both sets of tag belts at the 20th Wrestlemania. I just loved that event top to bottom.

Just for reference, my favourite non-Mania PPV of all time is Royal Rumble 2000. Mick Foley and Triple H had my all-time favourite match that night in the street fight, it had my favourite Rumble match and a solid undercard I felt.

Um........This is hard as all WWE ppv's I've seen has been in the last two years so I will have to say.............none of them since I really can't think of one that stands out in my mind so i'll go with my first ppv of WWE the 2007 WM.

sorry if this is off topic:

However, overall my favorite ppv is 2005 Unbreakable by TNA due to one match and if you've never seen this match you need to. Right here is the whole match.

[youtube]X64B7SK4-XQ[/youtube]

My favorite overall PPV has to be Royal Rumble 2000. The opening match was an undefeated Kurt Angle versus a mystery opponent. Taz makes his debut and destroys Angle in just a few minutes. Just an awesome way to start the show. The Hardy Boys versus the Dudley Boys followed in an excellent table match. There were some insane spots in this match, and the chemistry between the Dudleys and Hardys was just awesome. The title match between Cactus Jack and HHH was one of the most brutal matches I've ever seen. The rumble match itself was solid as well with The Rock and Big Show being the final two. Although Rock reversed an overhead slam and slid under the ropes, Big Show claimed he had a tape showing Rock went out first. This culminated in a feud that continued at Now Way Out. The whole show was tremendous and well worth the money.

Honorable mentions go to Wrestlemania X7 for reasons already mentioned. Fantastic Mania from top to bottom. I also hold a soft spot for In Your House Canadian Stampede. Although this PPV was only 2 hours and consisted of 4 matches, the main event was great. Stone Colds team versus The Hart Foundation in a 10 man tag was phenomenal. The wrestling displayed in this match was insane, and the crowd was white hot due to the PPV being in Calgary.

My personal favorite would be WrestleMania XI. I remember staying the night over at my friends house and getting this PPV. We were both big Demolition marks and their title match vs The Colossal Connection was the main reason we were tuned in. This PPV also had the match that had the house divided, Hogan vs Warrior. Even with my childhood hero dropping the belt, I was still excited with the thought of Warrior becoming both IC and World champ. WrestleMania XI was where we saw the birth of "The Streak", when we saw Undertaker go head to head with Jimmy "Supper Fly" Snuka.

Years later, my sister said she got me a wrestling movie at a garage sale. I was so excited when she handed me WrestleMania XI on Coliseum Home Video.

That would be my favorite of all time purely on a nostalgic level.

It has to be WM17,SummerSlam 2000 or Royal Rumble 2000.WM17 because the TLC,McMahon vs McMahon,every match and of course the last match because of the atomsphere.The Rock.Austin.Amazing.And of course JR.Can't beat.1.WM17.2.Royal Rumble 2000(Cactus Jack vs Triple H)3.SummerSlam 2000.

Mine is SummerSlam 2002.

SummerSlam_2002.jpg

The night that Brock Lesnar rose to power in the WWE. That card was booked perfectly from top to bottom. It kicked off brilliantly with Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio. A match which was Rey's first PPV match and was an excellent opening match.
[YOUTUBE]UHt1HW7iwIM[/YOUTUBE]

The midcard was stacked with several solid matches. Most notable was the first of many good bouts between Edge & Eddie Guerrero. Other matches included Ric Flair vs. Chris Jericho & The Un-Americans (Lance Storm & Christian) vs. Booker T & Goldust. Then we moved onto a very good match between RVD & Chris Benoit for the Intercontinental Championship.
[YOUTUBE]Og9rBd9f-bw[/YOUTUBE]

In the only real dud of the night, The Undertaker took down Test to complete his face turn. Then came one of the greatest matches gimmick matches of the last decade as Shawn Michaels made his in-ring return against Triple H in an Unsanctioned Match. A truly great contest.
[YOUTUBE]O_fdLCf23Mw[/YOUTUBE]

The night was capped off by the rise of Brock Lesnar as he took on The Rock for the Undisputed Championship. Another solid match on this tremendous card. It was the cherry on top.
[YOUTUBE]WTbJi8znRNQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

my personal favourite has got to bee a tie between armageddon 99 and no mercy 99. 1999 was a fantastic year for PPV's with some amazing storylines such as big boss man and big shows fued, rock n sock/ new age outlaws, triple h/vince/stephanie, hardys/edge & christian terri invitational etc...

I'm gonna pick Unforgiven 2000 because it took my WWE PPV Virginity, it was the first PPV I attended, it was my 12th b-day present, tho it happened about a month before my birthday. At that event, the Hardyz won the tag titles in a cage match that was essentially Matt vs E&C

I've been to RR 08, GAB 08, HIAC 09, F4W 10, & WMs 24, 25, & 26. As far as those go WM 26. It was just epic with Shawn's retirement match, Cena vs Batista, Vince vs Hart(don't care about people saying it was crap). Overall PPV would be WM 17! Truely the greatest PPV ever with 3 classics and an epic crowd that never died once! Truely my favorite PPV EVER!!!

Nice to reminisce whilst reading this thread....

After considerable thought i have to pick one from my childhood because the stand out event from recent times is Mania X7 which has already been chosen by alot so for me its a toss up between Mania 8 and Summerslam 92'. Summerslam 92' wins!!

1992 was a hell of a year in terms of talent in the wwe at the time and the four ppv's of the year delivered big time.

I am english and with summerslam being at wembley stadium it makes it even more sentimental
for me. The card on paper (or card!) was stacked, L.O.D. vs Money Inc for the tag
titles for me thought was a forgone conclusion with L.O.D. once
again capturing gold but it wasnt to be and i was gutted cos money inc
back in the day used to annoy me with their count-out victories and
blatant dq's to save the belts, great match-up.

the boy toy gimmick of HBK was in full swing and the 'no hitting faces' angle with Rick 'The model' Martel was very funny and new, really good storyline and match was entertaining.

The wwe title match between Randy Savage and the Warrior was a brilliant example of storytelling, the injured knee of Savage given by Naitch and the Perfect one didnt even slow the match down, it made it better, Savage done a first class job (as always) of selling it (was he injured really? cos the knee injury angle carried on for the following month when he lost the belt to Naitch) I wanted Warrior to win, but was happy to see savage carry on as champ becos i was excited to see another Flair vs Savage match following Mania 8.

Being a young lad the Undertaker really caught my attention. He was my hero! if ever a heel (or baddie as i used to call them then) would stand up and try and control the yard as it were, i always knew that if they come across the undertaker they would meet their doom. Kamala, a Ugandan giant of a man was his opponent in this bout and even tho it was short and sweet of a match, the Undertakers entrance stole the show (coming in on the back of a hearse and then stalking kamala on the way back down the ramp at the finish!spinechilling

The main event pitted the british bulldog agaisnt Bret Hart. After watching this match back in my adult days, i can see how good bret made the bulldog look and how technically sound this match was, the crowd was into it all the way and
the ending was predictable but worked for me. Even Lennox Lewis was involved carried the Union Jack during Davey's entrance.

As i said, 1992 was my favourite time in wwe years, coming of the back of this event, Flair had indeed beaten Savage for the strap, Savage and Warrior was actually teaming up chasing tag team gold, HBK went on to win the i.c. title from the Bulldog in perfect fashion. Bret Hart became wwe champ starting a new era, faced HBK one on one champ vs champ at the survivor series.

I really encourage anyone who hasnt seen these incidents or would jus like to reminisce to find the footage online if they dont have it cos it really was an incredible ppv and year for watching pro wrestling

Bill Lesnar adores Survivor series 2004 and 2003. Bill Lesnar love sthe fact that all the stars were around, the matches were great (austin vs bischoff, trips vs orton and goldberg), the build ups were always perfect such as team triple h vs team orton..where the winner controls raw stipulation just added to the exictement

ecw one night stand 06 was 1 of the best

leading up to it was awesome with rvd and cena (or ECW vs WWE) it also was the last ''extreme ppv'' ecw did until vince screwed it up and got rid of it:disappointed::disappointed:
sdf.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back