Your Favorite Midnight Release

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Movie, video game, book, whatever. Midnight releases have become just as much a part of our culture as football on Sundays or pretending to sacrifice shit for God during lent. Whether you're standing in line for 10 hours at a local book store to get the newest Harry Potter release at midnight, or you sneak over to Walmart and grab it for $5 cheaper and no wait, it always feels good to be a part of something the moment it happens.

What "midnights" have you been a part of? Any good or bad experience?

I'd have to put my favorite midnight release as the Dark Knight Rises. Me and a group of about 6 of my friends went to our local theater at 6pm and saw Batman Begins. We took a 20 minute break and then watched The Dark Knight. After another 20 minute break for urination and more soda, the finale was upon us! A really great way to experience a series from start to finish, and with the added bonus of never having seen the last, it was a movie marathon I'll never forget.

This year I've also seen Brave, The Amazing Spiderman, Chronicle and The Avengers at midnight. I believe I've seen Harry Potter 4-8, Two Towers and Return of the King, all three X-Men and all three Spiderman films, X-Men: First Class, Wolverine, and each of the films in the Avengers part 1 series. I have had the honor of seeing every single Pixar film at midnight; yes, even Cars 2.

I've never waited in line for a midnight of a book. Most of the HP books I just got the next day or off the internet. Video games...oy. The last one I was a part of was Skyrim, and I didn't even buy it. Oh, that's not true, I went to the midnight launch at Gamestop for the Playstation Vita. There was like 5 of us there. Still, unpackaging that bad boy right there in the store with my friend and the other three (all employees) was pretty cool. They kept the store open for another hour and we all played our various games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back