Your Favorite Match of Your Favorite Wrestler?

Tattooed Jesus

Redneck Thug
Simple as the thread title makes it, what is the match you like the most by your favorite wrestler?

I being a huge John Cena fan, my favorite John Cena match is the "I Quit" match he had at Judgement Day against former WWE Champion JBL. Both men were literally wearing a Crimson Mask by the end of the match and I don't think there has been an "I Quit" match of that quality since then.

Chris Jericho (fav) v. Rey Mysterio. I like them both and they put on a HELL of a match haha I belive it was an Extreme Rules match in (?) 2009. I know its on Jericho's DVD... but he unmasked Mysterio c:

Jericho vs Ultimo Dragon. WAR
nice japanese style wrestling. the two work very well together.

and yes Jericho vs HBK @ WM19
good storyline, very personal and great match. the ending after the match was very well played.

HHH (fav) vs Undertaker - Wrestlemania 17

Their match at Wrestlemania 17 was a classic.

HHH vs Kane - No Mercy 2002 and RAW 2003
Always liked HHH and Kane matches.

HHH vs Batista - Wrestlemania 21
Great Buildup, Great match.

HHH vs Edge vs John Cena - Backlash 2006
Another great match.

HHH vs Randy Orton - Wrestlemania 25
Many people don't like this match but this match was ok. The buildup to this match was epic.

HHH vs Undertaker - Wrestlemania 27
Best match of 2011. Epic match.

HBK (Fav) vs Marty Janetty (Raw 1993): This Match was a classic, and really set the tone for RAW in the early days.

HBK vs Razor (Ladder Match at Mania 10): What can I say about this match? HBK went out and had a match with a ladder :p The splash off the top is a moment that will live forever.

HBK vs Bret Hart (Iron Man Match at Mania 12): One of the three best matches in Mania History. Yes, there was a lot of rest, but there were also amazing spots as well, and HBK coming from the rafters is the greatest entrance in Mania history.

HBK vs Taker (HIAC at Badd Blood 1997): The original is still the best. Great match with great spots. They told an epic story in the ring.

HBK vs HHH (Summerslam 2002): Out of the ring for 4 years, and looked like he hadn't missed a day. Only HBK could do such a thing.

HBK vs Jericho (Mania 19): Amazing build-up, amazing match. I still think this stole the show that night.

HBK vs Kurt Angle (Mania 21): Incredibly paced, and built-up match that ended with a great finish. Never thought I would see HBK tap at Mania. I was wrong.

HBK vs Shelton Benjamin (Raw 2005): One reason: BEST SWEET CHIN MUSIC EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HBK vs John Cena (Mania 23): Cena went to finishing school in this match. Every person HBK wrestles gets better, and Cena was no exception. He learned how to put on not just a great match, but a LEGENDARY match on this night.

HBK vs Jericho (Unforgiven 2008): The raw emotion of this match made it extremely difficult to watch, but impossible to look away from.

HBK vs Taker (Mania 25): Quite simply, the greatest match in the history of Wrestlemania. I still mark out whenever I watch this match.

Sabu (fav) vs RVD - ECW Wrestlepalooza 98
Simply amazing match from two guys who worked extremely well together. Had sone really great spots and "holy shit" moments, but also had some awesome technical wrestling as well. The match went for 30 mins and ended on a draw, but it still holds up as their best of many encounters.

Ric Flair: vs Barry Whyndam (Crockett Cup 87), vs Ricky Steamboat (Music City Showdown 89), Kerry Von Erich (60 minute draw, Hawaii 1985), vs Edge (TLC World Title Match, RAW Jan 06), vs HHH (Hell In A Cell, 2005), vs Sting (Clash of Champions, March 88), Royal Rumble 92, vs Eddie Guerrero (April 96 Nitro), vs Brian Pillman (WCW Sat Night, Feb 1990), War Games 1 (Great American Bash 87), vs Terry Funk (Great American Bash 89), vs Lex Luger (Starrcade 88), vs Vader (Win or Retire, WCW Title, Starrcade 93).

I've always been and always will be a huge Cena fan, idc what people say about him. He is entertaining to me and that's all that matters. Some of my favorite matches of his would be Cena vs JBL I quit, Cena vs Edge TLC, Cena vs Umaga Last man standing, and Cena va Punk at money in the bank. My favorite Cena match of all time though would have to be Cena vs HBK on raw in 2007. It was an hour long classic and had me hooked from beginning to end.

Although I have got CM Punk in my signature, he's not my favourite wrestler. My favourite wrestler is Stone Cold Steve Austin.

My favourite match with Stone Cold Steve Austin was the 3 stages of Hell match he had with Triple H at No Way Out 2001. The build up to this match was one of the best I have witnessed as well as the match itself.

That or the Bret Hart one at Wrestlemania 13.

I have two favorites right now, CM Punk & The Miz. Ironically, my favorite match from both of them features both of them... and it's a very underrated match.

The Miz vs. CM Punk (c) - Cyber Sunday 2007 - ECW Championship

[youtube]yO2qhB7HNlg[/youtube]

This was just an amazing match for me. CM Punk was the guy I loved to watch as ECW Champion, with him coming from ROH... I admit, I was still stuck on his work from ROH and even OVW with Brent Albright that I was simply using that to keep me as a fan during his ECW days. But really, that was just all the more reason for me to mark out on July 14th last year.

Add to that the fact that it was the match that turned me into a Mizfit. I had never liked The Miz up until that point. Because, to me, The Miz was just some nobody that didn't belong. But damn, did those two steal the show or what. It was like watching an early version of Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart... It was so entertaining that I found myself actually believing that The Miz could become a future main eventer in WWE. And you know what? I was right.

Favorite Wrestler: Bryan Danielson.

Favorite Match: Bryan Danielson vs. Homicide at Final Battle 2006.

Favorite Wrestler: CM Punk
Favorite Match: Used to be his first match against Samoa Joe in ROH, but now it's Punk vs Cena, Money In The Bank 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back