• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Favorite Knockout Ever? (UFC)

Tha Wolfpac

Hey Yo...
Simple thread guys, your favourite knockout ever that has happened in the UFC. I chose the UFC because it contains the best fighters which we obviously already know. But because they are the easiest fights to find if we want to see a knockout someone has mentioned.

Mine personal favourite knockout ever has to be Dan Henderson vs Michael Bisping. The buildup to this fight was pretty good, and it was an enteratining fight, but man Michael Bisping got knocked the fuck out, it was truly one for the highlight reel. I will never forget it.

A close second would have to be Anderson Silva vs Forest Griffin, now it wasn't devastating like the Hendo punch, but leading up to the knockout was priceless, Forest Griffin looked like a chump plain and simple.

So easy, list your favourite knockouts ever? Thread rules apply.

Hmmm....

I think I too would have to go with Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin. I mean, while it wasn't the most brutal knockout (that would be Gonzaga vs. Cro Cop), it was definitely the most beautiful. The way Silva ducked and dodged so perfectly and then just touched Forrest on his chin to send him to the canvas... it's something I'll never forget.

Honorable mention goes to a fight very recent, which is Takanori Gomi vs. Tyson Griffin. Gomi is my 2nd favorite fighter of all time, and when he got that knockout, I was ecstatic. He perfectly timed Tyson's leg kicked and absolutely nailed one of his trademark haymakers right on Tyson's chin. It was awesome. And what makes Gomi's knockout punches so fucking cool is that he brings them up all the way from his hip, getting his whole body behind the punch. No Lightweight has ever or will ever have the power Gomi does behind his punches.

I think right now my favorite has to be Rashad Evan's knockout on Chuck Liddell at UFC 88. A lot of people probably didn't expect Evans to stand and bang with Liddell, at that point Liddell's career he wasn't on the full downward spiral of his career, he was just coming off a great fight with Wanderlei that he won by a decision to bounce back from losses to Jardine and Rampage. In the 2nd round Liddell goes for an uppercut that Evans counters with a huge overhand right that but Liddell out cold.

Another mention is Rampage's knockout on Wanderlei at UFC 92. Even though Silva is my favorite fighter, I'm always a fan when you get to see a body go stiff from a knockout and that was just what it was, the follow up shots were unnecessary but that happens sometimes in fights. It's alright though because Wandi still wins the series 2-1, in Pride Wandi beat the breaks off of him.

I love when Josh Koscheck knocked out Yoshida. It was such an awesome KO. He had Yoshida rocked and close to the cage. Yoshida tried to use the cage to keep himself but in fact it pushed in back into another clean shot to the chin by Kos, thus putting him to sleep. An awesome KO if only for the way Yoshida bounced off of the cage and back into a fist.

Another favorite of mine was the spinning kick Yves Edwards pulled off on Josh Thompson. I love Thompson but this KO was tight. Edwards just put everything into one kick and managed to connect and put Thompson away in what was an awesome fight.

I love when Josh Koscheck knocked out Yoshida. It was such an awesome KO. He had Yoshida rocked and close to the cage. Yoshida tried to use the cage to keep himself but in fact it pushed in back into another clean shot to the chin by Kos, thus putting him to sleep. An awesome KO if only for the way Yoshida bounced off of the cage and back into a fist.

I completely second this. I absolutely hate Koscheck, but that was a rare KO. I mean Yoshida got knocked out twice in 10 seconds if that is even possible. My whole house hates Koscheck and we marked out when that KO happened. I'm sad to say that this is my favorite UFC KO of all time.

My second favorite was Herring KO'ing Nakao at K-1 Dynamite. I know you said UFC, but this one was priceless because he knocked him out before the fight even started. Nakao kissed him and then kissed the canvas. That shit still makes me laugh even to this day.

Easily the greatest knockout was when an up and coming Thiago Alves knocked out Matt Hughs via flying knee. Thiago picked it himself he said before the fight that he had a feeling that this was going to happen and by far the most suprising and disastrous knockout =)

Well I dislike the fact Bisping was KO'd the way he was by Henderson back at UFC 100 simply because I'm a big Bisping fan and well...I'm British but damn that knockout was fucking sick!. The leg kick followed up by the powerful right hand connected sweetly with Bispings chin. The amount of power in that punch was staggering, not to add that Henderson added the exclamation point by dropping another huge right. When someone says highlight reel knockout, that automatically springs to mind. Way ahead of Gonzaga/Cro-Cop, Evans/Liddell or Alves/Hughes in my book.

Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin. Easily, and far away. That is something that happens once every decade if that. When one fighter shows his dominance over the other in such a way that you feel bad for the other fighter. It was fucking awesome to watch. Being a big Silva fan I was fucking freaking out watching him duck, and dodge those punches. It was incredible. Silva is truly a one of a kind fighter.

Another one was Hendo/Bisping. Holy shit that was brutal. I'm a big Bisping fan, but holy shit did he get lit the fuck up. Than that punch to him when he was already knocked out was RIDICULOUS! One of the most brutal things i've ever seen in MMA right there.

I have to go with Matt Hughes vs Carlos Newton. Hughes fucking powerbombed him and he was out like a light. Hughes being my favorite fighter ever also helps it out a lot. My next favorite one would have to be Michael Bisping vs Dan Henderson because of all the shit talking that Bisping did only to get his ass KOed.

I have to go with Matt Hughes vs Carlos Newton. Hughes fucking powerbombed him and he was out like a light. Hughes being my favorite fighter ever also helps it out a lot. My next favorite one would have to be Michael Bisping vs Dan Henderson because of all the shit talking that Bisping did only to get his ass KOed.

I'm not trying to bump a thread and this will be the last time I do this, but Hughes was also choked out by that Triangle as well. I sort of felt, as did many people at the time, that Newton-Hughes should have been a draw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back