• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"You Should Stop Watching"

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
I am so sick of hearing this as a copout. "If you hate TNA so much why don't you quit watching it?" This comes off as the ultimate way of saying "I can't answer your criticisms so you just shouldn't watch anymore." Now there are certainly instances where this makes sense, such as a few months ago when I was told to do so when complaining about TNA. This makes sense in situations like that, but for when someone brings up a legitimate criticism, this comes off as incredibly cheap and as if someone is saying to me "You don't like what I like and since you don't think like I do you should leave and stop talking bad about it because you're hurting my feelings." Stop using this as it just makes you look bad.

Out of sheer curiosity, do you enjoy watching TNA at this point, KB? It seems like you do, even if you rip on it

I only use this line when I feel someone is too over the top with their criticism. You can still enjoy the show and criticize certain parts. I just hate it when someone totally rips the product and says there is nothing good about it. They don’t know how to have objective criticisms. That’s when I like to call people out and tell them to stop watching. It’s more to call them out on their own bs than anything else. When you question why they watch something that’s so bad they realize maybe it’s not as bad as they make it out to be. I also hate it when someone claims wrestling has gotten so bad that they don’t watch it anymore but use an angle from last week as an example of why things are so bad.

These are just thoughts about wrestling in general. I rarely watch TNA. Not because I feel it's stupid or anything. I'm just a WWE guy. Always have been, always will be.

You made a troll thread directed at everyone who (quite reasonably) wonders why you don't just fuck off and do something you'll enjoy more if you get as little from TNA as you make it seem you do.

If you're going to open Pandora's box, I certainly don't think I'm wrong to take the opposing view and wonder why the fuck you bother.

And yet you come in here and talk about something having absolutely zero to do with what I said. Also if you would actually pay attention before you said any of this, you might have noticed it's rarely all critical. But hey, why say what's really going on when you can be a troll right?

And yet you come in here and talk about something having absolutely zero to do with what I said.
So the fact that you're wasting your time by continuing to watch a product you rarely express a great deal of faith in or enjoyment of has nothing to do with a thread where you're responding to the people who wonder why you won't stop watching?

Colour me susprised.

Also if you would actually pay attention before you said any of this, you might have noticed it's rarely all critical.
You may feel that you're not always critical about TNA's product, but you don't bend over backwards to express this in the same way that you do your feelings about TNA's faults. As such, you've earned people's perception of you.

But hey, why say what's really going on when you can be a troll right?
Speaking of copouts...

So the fact that you're wasting your time by continuing to watch a product you rarely express a great deal of faith in or enjoyment of has nothing to do with a thread where you're responding to the people who wonder why you won't stop watching?

Colour me susprised.

You mean the company I constantly say I like and how they have a point and how their PPVs are usually good and continue watching and like yet critique? That one?

You may feel that you're not always critical about TNA's product, but you don't bend over backwards to express this in the same way that you do your feelings about TNA's faults. As such, you've earned people's perception of you.

That would be because there's more in TNA to dislike than to like.

Speaking of copouts...

Speaking of Coco.

Normally I'd like reading something like this, but quite frankly I can't muster up enough energy to like something that I've heard a billion times over.

Hey Coco, the end of the year is coming up. Shouldn't you be PM'ing everyone to gather some votes for whatever award you're campaigning for?

KB, I never understood that argument either. Whenever I hear it, I can't help but ask; So you like the show so much that you go out of your way to defend it yet you would wish that people with concerns would just quit watching therefore lowering ratings and risking the show fails? Fucking genius!

And what would one of my threads be without Coco coming here to troll it?

So wait... you still read Coco's posts!?!:headscratch:

And I get that stupid "why watch it then" bullshit all the time, I watch cause I like the talent, and I see potential for TNA to become something greater than what it currently is, I think I have said this before I've been to WWE house shows, and I've been to TNA house shows, the TNA house show was far and away more fun and fan interactive than the WWE one, you get the sense that every single wrestler in TNA truly cares about their fans

Also get sick of the shit where if you criticize anything TNA does they automatically assume you think WWE does everything perfect, "oh you're just a WWE fan, of course you're gonna be critical of TNA...", No dipshit, I'm a wrestling fan, I like watching and seeing what both companies can bring to the table, and actuelly with MNF I hardly ever even watch WWE anymore, can't remember the last time I watched even 5 mins. of SD!

I had this problem with WWE fanboy's. (The bad kind of fanboy who think nothing is wrong with WWE which is bullshit) Example being i can not say one bad thing about John Cena without being attacked by these type of people. I get a response of "CZENA HATUR GTFO!!! DONT LYK DONT WOTCH BICH." Some WWE fans on here need to calm down with there over loving of the WWE. Sure WWE is good but it has problems like it or not.

the people who say that shit piss me off almost as much as the people who bash TNA even when they do something good. if that literally is the best comeback that they have then i'd rather they just shut up and let the mature people handle it. At least then anyone who tries to defend TNA aren't immediately called TNA marks as if its a fuckin disease.
Whiny bitches give me headaches, and that is the end of my rant (for now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back