You know what's a hard fact to believe?

jmt225

Global Moderator
Kurt Angle has been in TNA longer than he was in WWE.

That simply just does not feel right. Makes me even feel a little sad honestly. I was such a massive Kurt Angle fan in the early-to-mid 00's. I feel like the entire 2nd half of his career was flushed down the toilet, no offense to TNA.

It's Angle's own fault, but still... it's depressing to think about all the potentially great stuff we missed out on with Angle in TNA instead of WWE. Angle is just one of those guys that WWE/Vince got right. They never fucked up with his character/feuds/matches/whatever. He was a perfect fit for WWE. If he had a Jericho like contract with the company the last 9 years instead of spending all that time in TNA, it would have been awesome.

Pretty soon Jeff Hardy as well will have spent more years in TNA than he did in WWE. It just doesn't feel like it. It goes to show how much the years fly by as an adult than they did as a kid/teenager. But Jeff was another one that WWE/Vince got right, which is honestly shocking when you think about the kind of wrestler and character Jeff is.

This thread really has no point. I love Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy both and sincerely hope they have zero regrets about the path their careers have taken them, but I know as a fan of theirs' that I have a ton. Just felt like sharing the thought while it was on my mind.

Well, no it's not Angle's fault, the guy still wants to work, but not full time. He can't. WWE wants to use him 250+ days a year and he can't work that often. Not his fault at all, it's just he's getting older and despite all he's done in the past he can't go at the level he used to. At least not at the pace he used to. Jeff Hardy, IMO, was always better suited for TNA. It was there he won his first World Title, and several more when he went back. Plus with Jeff's lifestyle and TNA's fairly lax drug policy (If it were any stricter there is NO WAY they would have gone through with that debacle with him and Sting in 2011 or 2012) they're just a better fit. I think we will eventually see Jeff back in a WWE ring, but no more Kurt Angle until he gets inducted.

Same with the Dudleys. Despite their most prominent work being in WWE (let's be honest, they largely sucked in ECW), they were only in WWE between 1999-2004, just 5 years. Jumping to TNA a year later (I think) and staying on and off until December totals 9 years, almost twice as long! And yet it really doesn't feel like it at all.

If it was ever an option for him, Angle would've gone back to WWE. Man, I wish he wasn't such a loser.

Jeff Hardy, IMO, was always better suited for TNA. It was there he won his first World Title, and several more when he went back. Plus with Jeff's lifestyle and TNA's fairly lax drug policy (If it were any stricter there is NO WAY they would have gone through with that debacle with him and Sting in 2011 or 2012) they're just a better fit. I think we will eventually see Jeff back in a WWE ring, but no more Kurt Angle until he gets inducted.

False.

Jeff won the WWE and WHC before he won the TNA title. He didn't win any titles in his first TNA run.

Honestly I think Jeff prefers TNA if anything because he's not on the road constantly and he can do his weird arty stuff more. I don't think WWE would allow him to do that if he re-signed

False.

Jeff won the WWE and WHC before he won the TNA title. He didn't win any titles in his first TNA run.

Honestly I think Jeff prefers TNA if anything because he's not on the road constantly and he can do his weird arty stuff more. I don't think WWE would allow him to do that if he re-signed

Well, ok it wasn't the TNA title, it was the NWA title. But it still is technically a World title.

Jeff won the TNA title the first time when the whole Immortal thing happened, didn't he? That was long after he was a 3 time champ in WWE.

I know I'm in the extreme minority, but I think of Kurt(and even to a degree Jeff) as being a TNA guy more than I think of him as a WWE guy.

I think its a definite slight to consider Kurt's last few years as wasted, he's done amazing things in TNA, worked with countless incredible in-ring talents, and had at least a dozen outstanding matches that rate favorably with his best WWE work.

I can't express how happy I was to see Kurt stay with TNA, and I really hope that he retires there.

Same with the Dudleys. Despite their most prominent work being in WWE (let's be honest, they largely sucked in ECW), they were only in WWE between 1999-2004, just 5 years. Jumping to TNA a year later (I think) and staying on and off until December totals 9 years, almost twice as long! And yet it really doesn't feel like it at all.

I wouldn't say they sucked in ECW. It sucked when there were seemingly 50 Dudleys, but D-Von and Bubba Ray were always entertaining when the spotlight was on them as a tag team.

What's sad about it? In terms of salary, TNA is hardly WWE, but it's not Uncle Jimbo's Rad Rasslin, either.

I was sad about Kurt leaving WWE. Definitely some good times. Then I saw those promos for his TNA debut & felt quite alright again. Hiis intensity & entrance took it up a few notches.

kurt-angle-116.jpg

Then we eventually got to see this.

24-kurt-angle-tna-champion.jpg

I dont care what people say, I liked that version of the TNA title the best out of them all. Fucking great looking belt & a shame they changed it.

I loved Angle's initial feud and matches with Samoa Joe. Fucking loved it.

I also dug any time he was in there with AJ Styles. The match they had when TNA first made their debut on Monday night in 2010 stands out the most.

I also remember a kick ass cage match he had against Mr. Anderson.

But that's it, man. Obviously I'm not a weekly watcher of TNA, but I've seen my fair share and I have for the most part felt his run there has been mediocre at best. And I just know if he spent those years in WWE instead, he would have delivered so many more classic matches and feuds. It's a big disappointment to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back