You Know What I Just Realized...

Steamboat Ricky

WZCW's Living Legend
Or it just sort of dawned on me the significance of the event...

But at Summerslam...the ECW Title match ended in a DQ.

How ABSURD is that?! It just doesn't seem right at all. Who would have ever thought it was possible?

Reactions: NSL
why is it so absurd??? the vast majority of WWE's veiwing audience has zero concept of the "original" ECW

It's absurd in the notion of the original. Just thinking back on what ECW was and what it is portrayed as now just kind of was like...who would have ever thought that back in the day?

Blasphemous. Sacreligious.

Those come to mind, when I think of a DQ in ECW. The best thing the WWE could do, to try and regain what ECW was, is take away the rules. If they won't for the whole show, then at least the title should always be an extreme rules match.

um no, they shouldnt. refer to my original post. Id say roughly 3% of the WWE's current audience, and probably lower than that of their target audience, knows anything about the "original" ECW

You say it like you are suprised Ricky, it's not the original ECW anymore, I thought that was obvious.

um no, they shouldnt. refer to my original post. Id say roughly 3% of the WWE's current audience, and probably lower than that of their target audience, knows anything about the "original" ECW

All the more reason to bring it back, little by little.

I watch old school ECW with my son, and he marks out more than I did watching it. He'd much rather watch Justin Credible v. Jerry Lynn in a steel cage than the Boogeyman or Paul Burchill...

You'd have thought that at least the title would be defended under Extreme Rules.

The current audience may not know a great deal about the 'original' ECW, but surely they'd remember what ECW was like when they brought it back in '06, when Big Show was champ and the title WAS always defended under Extreme rules.

The 'Extreme' of Extreme Championship Rules was neutered as soon as Bobby Lashley got his hands on the title, and then even more so when Vince won it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back