You have to admit after ECW's debut......

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by Bigt5687, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigt5687

Bigt5687 Dark Match Jobber

the zombie sucks but, he is pretty funny. i mean he walked around like a total dumbass and he got on the mike and just went ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. LOL that was pretty funny.

2. All the zombie was there to do was to show that sandman, and ecw were not going to tolerate asinine gimmicks, just like sandman beating eugene up at one night stand.

3. hothead25

hothead25 Getting Noticed By Management

Zombie can cut one hell of a promo

4. Tommatt

Tommatt Occasional Pre-Show

The sad part about that, was sandman beating the crap out of him was the only good part of the show

5. virginpusher

virginpusher Pre-Show Stalwart

Good post!

I agree with TomMatt sadly but hopefully next week will be better.

6. dfsknicks

dfsknicks Dark Match Jobber

the new ecw resembles wwe too much way too much. Vince mcmahon's idea of ecw is just hardcore no great technical matches no great highflying not to mention the crowd was barely involved I will give this show two more chances but the new ecw just seemes like a last ditch effort for wwe to get more ratings too raw and i still wont watch raw even if ecw guys are there i would rather watch paint dry on a wall then watch raw I was disappointed with the show but on the other hand i did not have high expectations for it either after all heyman is a figurehead

7. 5thHorseman

5thHorseman Getting Noticed By Management

I don't disagree with you, but Vince knows what ECW was like, One night stand and One night stand II, even the head to head usa special showcased that he had a good idea of ECW and that he could bring it back. Now, after looking back to tonights show, it looks like everything was just a big tease, but I'm not giving up hope yet on the "New Breed" ECW, I hope everyone else that knows what the real ECW was about doesn't give up hope on it neither. I will watch atleast the first twelve shows (to the End of the Sci-Fi deal) and hopefully we'll see improvement. If it bombs after that good riddance if it stops dragging ECW's name through the dirt. If it becomes a little successful and continues on another deal with Sci-Fi or USA and still sucks then I'll give up watching WWE wrestling for good! Hopefully we'll get atleast 10 good if not great matches from it before the end

8. varan619

varan619 Dark Match Winner

Zombie was the only portion of the show that I felt was 100% correctly booked.

9. Bord-E

Bord-E Dark Match Winner

The Zombie and the Vampire were both 'ribs' at WWE characters and 'sci fi' as quite blatent ones, both sanctioned by Vince one assumes, for the simple purpose of showing that its not going to be ecw (sandman destroying em) altho the first show didnt bring alot, give it some time for them to get this ecw vs wwe thing out of the way, which I assume will be at vengence when rvd gets screwed for the wwe belt (why did he keep it otherwise) and heyman sayin they dont reconise the switch.. which is why he will remain ecw champ.

10. TorrieW lover

TorrieW lover Pre-Show Stalwart

right come on stop complainin it was the first week all we have to is hope and pray that it gets better

11. 5thHorseman

5thHorseman Getting Noticed By Management

The Vampire? It's grat to find out its Mordecai, but what was wrong with Mordecai's old look? It was "Sci-fi" so what the f-ck, why make him a Vampire? How are vampires and zombies even Sci-fi? There fiction yes, no science involved though when you consider these types of characters being around before Sci-Fi was even a term

12. DA Troll

DA Troll Dark Match Jobber

It has to get better, it sure as hell can't get any worse. Or at least I hope it can't.

13. Tommatt

Tommatt Occasional Pre-Show

I've read somewhere, an interview with Paul E. that he actually came up with the vampire faction.

14. All i want to see is Sandman's real entrence once, thats what got me hooked on pro wrestling to begin with

15. lapel8533

lapel8533 Getting Noticed By Management

I thought it was pretty good. You guys are just spoiled. Although, the show was only an hour long and they decided to waste our time with a women strip dancing? That took up like a whole 1/8 of an hour And the show is only an hour! JUST WRESTLE THE SHOWS ONLY AN HOUR!

16. DeeCee

DeeCee Guest

And how exactly are we spoiled? I really don't get what you are getting at here.

17. One Punch Doug Crashin

One Punch Doug Crashin I AM INVINSIBLE!

Sandmans entrance is a metallica song therefore since WWE has no liscense to use Enter Sandman they will not be allowed to use Enter Sandman in ANY ECW shows. the only liscencee was Paul heyman and since he is no longer owner of ECW world Wrestling entertainment can't use the song unless they contact metalica.

18. realblackhart

realblackhart Mid-Card Championship Winner

Actually the new ECW resembles the WWF way too much. The WWF era with gimicks like T.L Harper, The goon, Duke the Dumpster, Baston Burger. That's waht the Zombie reminded me of. These guys were kool looking jobers, who only won sometimes on WWF Superstars and Wrestling Challenge.

19. pootytang

pootytang Dark Match Winner

I can already see that any bad idea will be perceived as Vince's.
    All great ones will be perceived as Heymans.

ECW fans seem to be unaware that the Vampires are Heyman's idea.

20. The Masked Vato

The Masked Vato Getting Noticed By Management

This is true. Maybe the "cult leader" gimmic will get over after all..

21. yeridle

yeridle Guest

I dont know but I do think after watching it, it was really horrible, I didnt even know what to say afterwards...except THEY NEED MORE WRESTLERS

22. JohnnyRodz

JohnnyRodz Guest

Vince just needs to give Paul complete control of the ECW brand and get out of the way.

23. One Punch Doug Crashin

One Punch Doug Crashin I AM INVINSIBLE!

see thats where your wrong my friend vince will NEVER relinquish control over anything he owns. hence the reason why he had the WWE creative run the return ECW show

24. nascarford0688

nascarford0688 New Member

Guy's this will never be the ECW of old as Vince is going to keep moving wrestlers from RAW/SD that has not got any storylines to be used in and that he does not want TNA to get a hold of. Look u move Angle over to ECW to try and get some WWE fans that never watched ECW, Big Show at least was showing that he was a one man wrecking crew in the battle royale. That Vince should have played up in the WWE. If he is truly intends to let ECW grow as another brand extension then he needs to merge Raw/SD back together and move ECW to friday UPN slot after the SCI-FI deal expires. Give paul control of the storylines and matches. Vince takes care of the marketing and legal matters.

25. The Masked Vato

The Masked Vato Getting Noticed By Management

ECW+UPN=death. You might as well put it on Nickelodeon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.