You fill up my senses ...

GCB

Getting Noticed By Management
I’m using Football Manager 12 to play as Sheffield United and writing the updates, thought I would post on here. Hopefully, some of you will enjoy it. Those of you who know anything about English football may well be aware that one of the United squad contains a rather controversial name right now, a certain Ched Evans. His off-field problems are nothing to do with the game though and I intend to play as normal. It could be that he scores a hatful of goals and becomes a big player in the thread. In no way is my use of him condoning rape. GCB

SHEFFIELD SPORT NEWS

708.png

WILSON DRIVEN OUT; BLADES APPOINT MANAGERIAL ROOKIE!
Sheffield United appoint their sixth manager in a year.

Another month, another new manager at Sheffield United Football Club as they today announced the end of Danny Wilson’s reign and the appointment of a managerial rookie to take over the club’s League 1 campaign. After the appointment of former Sheffield Wednesday player and manager Wilson last month, United fans were up in arms and protested to the club vehemently. Last night, Wilson tendered his resignation to the board and Chip Butty, a former player at Bury, Stockport County and Blackpool, was announced today as the man to which the Blades would turn.

“It’s my dream job!” announced the new man in charge in a press conference this morning, a lifelong Sheffield United fan with over ten seasons worth of experience in League 1 as a player. “My father brought me here during the 1980’s and I’ve always looked out for the scores since. The chance to manage United is a fantastic opportunity and one I could never have turned down.” The Blades, relegated to the third tier of English football for the first time in over 20 years last season, appointed Butty quickly after they were informed by Wilson that he did not believe he would be able to overcome the hatred being directed his way from certain members of the Blades support. “I’m sure Danny has his reasons for resigning, United fans can be a stubborn bunch at times. I’m one of them and I understand them – at least I hope so anyway!” claimed Butty who hopes his experience in League 1 will help his side to bounce back to the Championship at the first attempt. “Like every other Blade, I was devastated with last season’s capitulation. Four managers in a season is never going to be a good recipe for success. Hopefully I can lead us back to the Championship and ensure that I get more than a year!”

United chairman Kevin McCabe was on hand to announce the appointment of Butty and he outlined his hopes for the season. “It is imperative that we bounce back immediately. Just four years ago, we were relegated from the Premier League with high hopes of an instant return. Now we are in League 1 and we need to arrest the slide. Financially, I am prepared to make a commitment to the club and keep the wage bill stable at the current level – the highest in the division. We need to be promoted this season. We must be promoted this season.” To this statement, Butty chuckled and commented “No pressure then?” and, whilst it was a light hearted comment that raised a few smiles, there is no doubt that Butty’s Blades will be under immediate pressure to succeed. With a squad that many experts believe should never have got relegated in the first place, several high earners and the FA Youth Cup losing finalist squad ready to make their impact on the first team, the ability is there but can United solve the problems that undermined last season this time around? Butty is under no illusions. “There is no doubt that this squad shouldn’t be in this division. However, the fact remains that they are and we have to come to terms with that immediately. In my time in League 1, I saw Manchester City, Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest relegated into the division and I know how big a motivator that is for the other teams. They step up their games, they are determined to put one over on the Big Boys and we have to be ready for that. If my players think that League 1 will be a walk in the park, they’re going to find things incredibly difficult.”

The season promises to be an exciting one for the city of Sheffield. United’s relegation means that they will once again renew acquaintances with their bitter rivals from across the city, Sheffield Wednesday. With both sides amongst the favourites to win promotion, Butty acknowledges the importance of this fixture. “It means the world to the fans, I know that well. Homes and workplaces are divided between red and blue in Sheffield, you’re either United or Wednesday. I’m married to a Wednesdayite, I know what it is like when we lose the derby. We have to ensure we give our supporters something to cheer about.” So what about a Sheffield double promotion? Can it happen? “I hope so – with United as champions of course! Fact is though, we have to concentrate on everybody else, not just Wednesday. Charlton were in the Premier League with us just five seasons back, Huddersfield Town have goals all over them, Preston North End and Scunthorpe United came down with us and finished well and there are several other League 1 clubs on the brink of doing something special – MK Dons, Carlisle United, Notts County. It’s going to be tough.”

There is no doubt about it that Butty realises the challenge that he and his squad face this season. However, he appears to be relishing it and to be ready for the challenge. With talented young players like Matt Lowton and Harry Maguire, experience professionals like Neill Collins and Richard Cresswell and players like Kevin McDonald and Ched Evans who would walk into any team in the division, United should have the firepower to challenge for an immediate return to the Championship. If Butty can avoid the fate of Kevin Blackwell, Gary Speed, John Carver and Micky Adams, and lead United to promotion in his first season, not only will his dream come true but he’ll finally bring smiles back to the faces of the Bramall Lane faithful. After five years without smiles, it’s high time somebody did.

Using Football Manager 12 with third patch
No changes made to database

I've never seen anything like this done, but I know that you are good at booking wrestling, so I imagine you will put a creative twist as opposed to just copying out everything that comes up on the game.

I'm more of a Magpie myself, but I do feel sorry for the situation of what Sheffield United have gone through recently.

Good luck, I am sure this will be a great read :)

SHEFFIELD SPORT NEWS
Sunday July 17th, 2010

708.png

BUTTY CONSIDERS EVANS TRANSFER!
Blades bring in Ilunga and Hulse but will Evans be leaving?

With wages thought to be around the £20,000 a week mark, Sheffield United striker Ched Evans could be transferred out of the League 1 club in the near future as Blades boss Chip Butty looks to raise funds to strengthen his team ahead of the new season. On the day that the new manager captured his first signings since replacing Danny Wilson, reported interest in the Welsh striker from several Championship clubs leaves Butty with a dilemma as he prepares for the season to come.

Evans, who has made 13 appearances for Wales scoring 2 goals, signed for United two years ago from Manchester City and was regarded by the then manager Kevin Blackwell as the final piece in the jigsaw. However, Evans has struggled to find form in a United shirt and just 13 goals in 67 appearances has seen him disappoint the Blades faithful and struggle to justify the reported £3m transfer fee United paid to City. Despite publically declaring that he wishes to stay at Bramall Lane and help fire United back into the Championship at the first attempt, the Bramall Lane hierarchy and manager are considering allowing Evans to move on to recoup some of the transfer fee as well as reducing the wage bill significantly.

At a press conference today, Butty – whilst introducing former West Ham left back Herita Ilunga as a free transfer and former Blades striker Rob Hulse on a season long loan from QPR – declared that he knew he would have to sell players before he could bring others in. “Money is tight, that’s for sure, but we have a little wriggle room to make changes if we desire. We have to remember that most chairman would be insisting on reducing the wage bill after relegation but ours is sustaining it for one season to try and bounce straight back up. If I can sell a player and replace him with three quality replacements, we have to consider that.” It appears that those words could have been referring to Evans whose £20,000 a week wages could easily be used to bring in three or four new faces for the promotion push.

hulse.jpg

Rob Hulse during his first stint at United

Butty’s new recruits were introduced to the waiting media this afternoon and there appears to be a good reaction amongst the club’s fans over both deals. Congolese Ilunga, 29, joins the Blades after his contract with West Ham ended last month and can play at left back. He has made 19 appearances for his national side and is expected to become first choice left back in Butty’s preferred first eleven. Hulse, 31, rejoins United four years after leaving the club to join Derby County for £1.5m and the Bramall Lane fans will have fond memories of his first spell at the club. Hulse scored the first goal of United’s 2006-2007 Premier League season against Liverpool and his broken leg – suffered at Chelsea – is thought by many to have been the turning point in United’s fortunes that season that ultimately ended in relegation. Both players featured for United in a pre-season friendly at Newport County last night which the Blades won 2-1 thanks to goals from Hulse and his fellow new recruit, James Beattie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back