You Are Joe Silva For A Card..

Buffalo Dave

Yeeeeeeeah Buddy!!
Go ahead be Joe Silva for a main card. This is not a dream match up thread, more a less just put together a UFC main card with match ups you wanna see happen. The only thing I ask is not to have more than 2 title fights on it, if you choose to do any catchweight fights make them reasonable, nobody wants to hear about Brock fighting GSP. Try to at least have 4 fights on your card, if you want to do more then by all means go right ahead. Give reasons for why you have chosen each fight and the outcome you think would happen.

Welterweight Bout
  • John Hathaway vs. Nate Diaz - Although Hathaway had been with the UFC for three previous fights, he had his coming out party against Diego Sanchez, dominating him for 3 rounds getting the decision. Diaz recently moved up to Welterweight after a controversial loss to Maynard taking care of Markham in the first round via strikes. Both of these guys are good at their stand up games, but Diaz has the edge on the ground where I think he will end it with a sub in the 3rd.

Lightweight Bout
  • Diego Sanchez vs. Clay Guida - If you saw the first fight between these two, then you know why I would want to see this happen again! With Diego being able to fight at either division, this fight I would make happen. He needs a good fight to get back on track. I have a feeling that this would be another three round bloody war. With Guida bouncing back in the later rounds he stands a very good chance on winning the rematch, providing he tightens up on his defense. Sanchez will again win if he paces himself better, we all know Guida doesn't tire out. In another close match up I would see Sanchez getting the win, his superior striking would be key in winning again.

Middleweight Bout
  • Wanderlei Silva vs. Akiyama - Ever since this fight was announced, I wanted to see it happen. It is a perfect match up for both fighters. Akiyama has wanted to fight Silva for a while, the fight almost happened back in February but Silva fought Bisping instead. Then there was the the match up in July that never happened because of Silva's injuries he sustained during training. My guess this fight will end with someone going to sleep or being stopped right before that happens. I think with Sexyama's aggressiveness it would bring out the best Silva we seen in years. I say Silva puts him away towards the end of the second round by TKO. I think Wandi is just to strong for him.

Light Heavyweight Bout
  • Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans - Jones has said he wants a top LHW for his next fight so I'll grant him his wish. This would truly be Jones' toughest opponent yet. It would also be the most even match up for Jones, as both have great wrestling and boxing skills. Evans is to fast on his feet for Jones to be able to take him down with ease as he has with all his other opponents. In fact this would probably be the first time we would see Jones have to work from his back. In a very tough three rounds I think Evans would get a decision.

So those are my picks, what are yours?

Nate Diaz vs Dan Hardy

Just interested in this fight. Apparently Hardy has some power in his hands, but no wrestling. Nate has great hands, and fantastic BJJ. I think it would either be a stand and bang fight because while Hardy has some power Nate has a rock chin. That or Nate would take him down, and possibly sub him. It'd be a great opening fight to a card, and i would love to see it.

Randy Couture vs Rich Franklin

Two legends, and two fighters who are looking to be top 10 again. Randy is getting older, and it would be interesting to see this fight happen. Both come up with fantastic gameplans, and are two very smart individuals, and it would be interesting to see whos gameplan would be victorious. Also add to the fact that I can't make a card without having Randy on it.

Chris Leban vs Wanderlei Silva

Seriously who wouldn't want this fight? It would be an absolute war. Leban has a granite chin, and Wanderlei is one of the most feared strikers in MMA history. I would love to see a all out war between two brawlers. My money would have to be on Leban. I don't think Wanderlei's chin is good enough for Leban's power.

Anderson Silva vs Shogun

Such a dream matchup. Two of the most diverse strikers in the world fighting? God i'd pee myself during the introductions. Both have some of the best striking in MMA, and both have great BJJ so i'd assume we would see a striking battle of the ages. I wouldn't even be able to pick just because it could easily go either way. Makes me wish Silva would move the fuck up so we could see the fight.

Brock Lesnar vs JDS

I needed to put Brock on the card. The biggest draw in MMA, and one of the most exciting. Love him or hate him you are going to watch him fight, and I think Dos Santos would be a big test for Brock. We know Brock's standup needs some work, but he does have a chin. Dos Santos has great striking, but we have yet to see him fight a good wrestler so his TDD, and BJJ are unknown. Going into a fight with Lesnar you have to prepare to be on your back so it'd be interesting to see the outcome of the fight. Makes me want the 23rd to be here just to see Lesnar again lol.

Welterweight Bout
  • Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck - The rubber match. Have wanted to see it for years now. Sanchez absolutely dominated the first fight, while Koscheck beat a staff-ridden Sanchez in a boring ass 2nd fight, where no real damage was caused by either fight. Here the score would finally be settled, and I would fully expect Diego to shock the World and get a win over Kos like he did on TUF, in a very exciting fight.

Welterweight Bout
  • Nate Diaz vs. Thiago Alves - Nate's boxing vs. Thiago's Muay Thai really intrigues me. It would be interesting to see how this fight would end up. Would Thiago's leg kicks be enough to chop Nate down, or would Nate wear Thiago down with his reach advantage? It's a really an interesting match-up when you think about it, and one I would love to see someday soon. I think Nate would take it in a decision, in perhaps what would end up being Fight of the Night.

Middleweight Bout
  • Chael Sonnen vs. Michael Bisping - The lead up to this fight would be absolutely hilarious, and then seeing Sonnen smash Bisping's face on top of that would make it that much better.

Light Heavyweight Bout
  • Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans - Have always wanted to see the rematch since their first fight. I thought Tito clearly won that fight even though it ended in a draw, and I think he would win today. His wrestling and BJJ is far superior to Rashad's, and it would just be nice to see Tito get that blemish off his record and show the World that he's still one of the best Light Heavies in MMA when it comes to grappling.

Lightweight Championship Bout
  • Frankie Edgar (c) vs. Takanori Gomi - Of course I'm going to main event my show with my favorite fighter in the UFC getting a title shot. Takanori Gomi, even with just one win since coming to the UFC, still deserves a shot over Gray Maynard, and since I'm Joe Silva, I'd make it happen. And I would fully expect Gomi to knock Edger the fuck out and give the best ending to any UFC show ever, with Takanori Gomi getting that belt around his waist.

While I can't honestly say I would want to see most of those fights listed above, I will offer some of mine. I'm going to go outside the box a little here, because Joe Silva has some influence in the WEC.

Anderson Silva vs. Lyoto Machida I'm tired of Black House fighters not fighting each other and this is a stylistic match-up I've been clamoring for now for quite some time. A dominant striker vs. a dominant counter striker.

Marlon Sandro vs. Jose Aldo If any of you watch Shooto you know who Sandro is. This would be one of the most explosive featherweight fights of all time. I'd sign Sandro and book him immediately against Aldo.

Lesnar vs. Carwin 2 This makes complete and total sense. There are a lot of question marks after their first fight and I'd like to see them answered either definitively or in an ultimate heavyweight trilogy.

Jon Jones vs. Rampage I don't like the Rashad or Tito match-ups listed above because Rashad's chin is HIGHLY suspect to me and I believe that the MUCH younger and hungrier wrestling of Jones would be too much for either man at this stage in their careers. Jones easily has the ability to keep this fight standing against either fighter and I don't like EITHER Rashad or Tito's chances on the feet against Jones with his reach and effective striking.

Jon Jones vs. Machida Machida has a tremendous sumo base that would allow him to keep this fight on the feet or reverse position to use his superior BJJ. I would want to see this fight take place on the feet and see how Jones did against Machida's counter striking ability. This match has all of the makings of something that would keep me on the edge of my seat not knowing who to root for as I love both these fighters.

A lot of the fights I was going to pick were actually picked by Fizzy, but I'll try to throw some new bouts together.

Junior Dos Santos vs Cain Velasquez

This fight very well could happen come spring time if Cain gets past Brock. The deciding factor would be obvious; Cain's wrestling. Junior showed good take down defense in his fight with Nelson but obviously Big Country doesn't have the wrestling credentials of Cain. Even if Dos Santos manages to stop the take down, Velasquez can put together some very crisp combos and utilizes kicks much more than Junior does. This fight is much more even to me than either Cain/Brock or Brock/Dos Santos. Being a massive Cigano fan, I'd pick him for the decision win but it would be hard to call.

Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones

Now this fight would be fireworks. We know that a wrestler with the ability to grind a fight out like Chael can work Silva, but it would be amazing to see someone who could potentially give him problems standing. Jones has proved that at least some of the hype he has received is justified. He has disposed of very tough opponents rather easily and in dominating fashion. He did so using a good blend of unusual striking and great wrestling/ground control. Would he take it to the ground? Or would he keep it standing where he actually has a reach advantage on Silva, something most fighters will never have. I really think what Jones decides to do would be the deciding factor here; he keeps it standing and Silva eventually ko's him. He takes it to the ground and doesn't rush the gnp and the fight would be his. Then again, if he gets overly offensive Silva could slip in a submission, especially since Jones says his bjj defense is the weakest part of his game. Very interesting bout.

Vitor Belfort vs Thiago Alves (MW fight)

Obviously in order for this fight to happen, Thiago would need to listen to Dana and move up to middleweight. It's an obvious possibility and honestly I believe it to be in Thiago's best interest. What a stand up war this could be. Two of my favorite all time strikers and two guys with knockout power. There are many match ups that look good on paper involving two strikers but end up being boring due to both fighters being too hesitant to throw. Neither of these men have had that problem and I truly believe that fists would fly in this one. I'd pick Thiago by ko after weakening Vitor's legs with kicks.

Evan Dunham vs Kenny Florian

Two very solid lightweights. Both extremely well rounded and considered top ten talents. You have Florian who seems to be able to beat just about anyone who isn't named Penn or isn't a wrestling based fighter. He has much improved and sharp stand up and obvious bjj skills. Could his grappling keep up with that of Dunham's? Who knows but it sure would be a fun fight. I would want to see Dunham take this but I think Kenny would go in with a better game plan and could possibly take a judges decision.

Paul Daley vs Dan Hardy

Heel against heel, Brit against Brit. I can't recall if they team together or not, but fuck it I want to see it. Neither men would have the intention of taking it to the ground and would show some of best traditional style boxing in the division. Though I believe Hardy to be overrated as far as his striking goes, he still definitely presents danger for anyone willing to stand with him. With that being said, I think Daley has more speed and power and would walk away as Hardy snoozes.

Junior Dos Santos vs. Shane Carwin. What an epic slugfest this fight would be. There is no way this fight would go the distance and I would even venture to say it wouldn't get out of the first round. Neither man has shown much of, if any, ground game so the fight would be primarily on the feet and both guys like to engage. This would be a truly awesome fight.

Jake Shields vs. Jon Fitch. These two guys went at it in a grappling tournament a while back and Shields got the better of Fitch. I am very interested to see how things would go down in an MMA fight. It would be pretty evenly matched and would really rely on who could out wrestle who, which is something I wouldn't mind watching personally.

Gerald Harris vs. Chris Leben. Harris like to throw people around and beat on them, whereas Leben is a fucking zombie who can take an ungodly amount of abuse. It would be interesting to see if Harris' power would be enough to defeat Leben or if Leben's never say die attitude would help him to victory.

Yves Edwards vs. Josh Thompson. I loved the first fight, it is one of my top 3 fights of all time. Thompson has become a much better fighter since that time and Edwards has had his ups and downs. I am very curious to see who would walk out of this slugfest. Could Thompson redeem his loss or would Edwards be able to come up with another exciting KO?

Forrest Griffin vs. Stephan Bonnar III. Personally, I would love this fight and think it would be much better then the second fight. I believe it would be a much more even match then the second fight. I don't think Bonnar would win, but he could certainly stand and bang with Griffin for 3 rounds and that alone is worth watching.

Catchweight Fight at 175

George St. Pierre vs Anderson Silva
Why? Simply because my favorite fighter and Hometown boy, GSP would be facing off against Anderson Silva, both guys are arguably the two best P4P fighters today, and its what everyone would want to see. No Title Needed to be defended.

Lightweight Fight

Clay Guida vs Melvin Guillard
This ones for the fans, this one would be absolutely nuts, all out brawl, both guys like to slug it out, I love Guida and Ive slowly started to love Guillard much for the same reason I do Guida. I just think it'd be very interesting to watch.

Welterweight Fight

Chris Lytle vs Diego Sanchez
As been the theme for my post, I wanna put together fights that'd be interesting to watch, and this would be a fun punch fest type of fight with a good possibility of seeing a knockout.

Middleweight Fight

Chael Sonnen vs Michael Bisping
Simply put, this would be hilarious build up, fun to watch, the trash talking would be amazing, it would basically be a two part fight- Part One: The Battle of Words and Part Two- The actual fight, up to you to figure out which will be better.

Light-Heavyweight Fight

Rampage Jackson vs Jon Jones
Fun fight, I love Rampage, think it would be interesting to see if Jones could take him down and beat him up or if Jackson will just punch him out, plus with Rampage the build up will be exciting, and as long as Jones doesn't pull a Rashad Evans, it should be a good fight.

UFC Heavyweight Championship Fight

Brock Lesnar vs Junior Dos Santos
Obviously I couldn't leave Lesnar off the card, hes about the biggest the draw the UFC has and this fight will be exciting. Its always fun to see Lesnar in the cage and JDS is also very exciting, I can't wait to see these guys fight when Cain loses to Lesnar, it'll be a fun fight.

* I tried to feature every weight class in my post as its a dream card plus one Catchweight fight between Silva and GSP, making the final count 6 fights for the card. I tried to pick fights that would be exciting for the us, the fans, and fights I'd like to see.

Catchweight Fight at 175

George St. Pierre vs Anderson Silva
Why? Simply because my favorite fighter and Hometown boy, GSP would be facing off against Anderson Silva, both guys are arguably the two best P4P fighters today, and its what everyone would want to see. No Title Needed to be defended.

I can't believe we all missed this one.

Reps for you, sir, if available.

I didn't miss it. I think Shogun vs Anderson would be much more exciting. They are similar in size, and we would see one of the most technical striking battles of all time. GSP is a lot smaller than Anderson, and the fight could go one of two ways. Anderson knocks GSP out on the feet because he is to big to be takendown, or GSP gets him down, and finishes it. Anderson vs Shogun would be impossible to predict, and easily the most exciting fight that is possible in MMA right now.

I didn't miss it. I think Shogun vs Anderson would be much more exciting. They are similar in size, and we would see one of the most technical striking battles of all time. GSP is a lot smaller than Anderson, and the fight could go one of two ways. Anderson knocks GSP out on the feet because he is to big to be takendown, or GSP gets him down, and finishes it. Anderson vs Shogun would be impossible to predict, and easily the most exciting fight that is possible in MMA right now.

Completely disagree there Fizzy. If the fight takes place at a catchweight of say, 180 or close to it and GSP takes a couple months to put on the extra weight in muscle I don't think the size difference would be tremendous. I saw pics of the two side by side a while ago and even Silva was obviously bigger, it's not like Silva would be fighting a normal welterweight. the deciding factor would obviously be GSP's ability to get it to the ground but I firmly believe he could do just that.

Silva has had massive problems with high caliber wrestlers. GSP also has the striking to defend against him.

Shogun vs. Silva is a horrible match-up in my opinion. Anderson is much faster, more technical, picks his shots, and doesn't risk much.

Shogun is a great striker, but his striking is NOWHERE near Anderson's. Tyson was a great boxer, but Ali was elite. Tiger is the best in the world, but he's still chasing Nicklaus

Completely disagree there Fizzy. If the fight takes place at a catchweight of say, 180 or close to it and GSP takes a couple months to put on the extra weight in muscle I don't think the size difference would be tremendous. I saw pics of the two side by side a while ago and even Silva was obviously bigger, it's not like Silva would be fighting a normal welterweight. the deciding factor would obviously be GSP's ability to get it to the ground but I firmly believe he could do just that.

I did say that the fight could go one of two ways. Anderson by KO or GSP by decision or finishing it on the ground. I know Anderson has a bad streak with wrestlers, but he has a naturally bigger frame than GSP which I think would prove to be a deciding factor. I just think the fight would be less exciting, and much easier to predict. Would I buy it? Of course. I wouldn't miss it for the world, but I think that Shogun vs Anderson would be much more exciting and is a dream fight of mine. I agree with you GSP could get it to the ground, but would he be able to hold someone naturally bigger than him there for five rounds? Who knows. GSP vs Anderson is obviously a dream fight for any fight fan, but for my dream card i'd pass it up for a dynamic, and technical striking battle. Believe me it killed not to put GSP on the card.

Middleweight Championship:
Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen

Because come on, steroid allegations or not, the first fight was so much fun. The trash talk was amazing from Chael, and it's just something I want to see again. I love watching MMA, and their fight at UFC 117 was a fight that I had so much fun watching. Would Silva be able to defend Chael's ground game? Would Chael be able to defend against a triangle? There are still a lot of lingering questions from their fight that might never be answered.

Lightweight Championship:
Frankie Edgar vs. Jose Aldo

The lightweight title scene needs a major shot in the arm. I ask Jose Aldo to jump up to 155 and give him an immediate title shot. This would be an incredibly entertaining matchup where both guys are so fast that it would probably be a very entertaining standup war. On top of that, Edgar presents a different type of challenge to Aldo, where he's never been challenged by a fighter with top level wrestling and takedown ability. I'd love to see if Aldo would be able to throw leg kicks at Edgar and slow down his footwork. It's a fight that is so close to call. I'd love to see it. It would also without a doubt rejuvenate the lightweight division.

Light Heavyweight Fight:
Jon Jones vs. Forrest Griffin

Because I hate Forrest Griffin so much and it would basically be the Anderson Silva fight all over again. Why not?

Middleweight Fight:
Wanderlei Silva vs. Chris Leben

You know what you'd be getting here. Who wouldn't want to watch this?

I personally cant look into the future when it comes matchmaking, i'm going to post things that are relevent now, not in a years time. Ive seen some good ideas from people but personally wars dont interest me. Il show you what does

MIddleweight bout

chael sonnen vs vitor belfort for no1 contendership. personall i believe vitor hasnt earned a title shot and chael hasnt earned a rematch, so this match would do the trick. Chaels wrestling is freakish but standing with vitor will get him KOd, quick, so if he can put vitor down early in the rounds, he could take this.

winner, Chael via UD

Lightheavyweight bout

Randy couture vs rich franklin

both these guys have eliminated two former champs recently, mark coleman and chuck liddel, and tournement style finals should have them matched up together, i would be rooting for randy definantly, but i actually see franklin defending the takedowns and outstriking couture.

winner-Rich franking via UD

lightweight championship bout

jose aldo vs edgar

personally i find edgar boring, and he is a small lightweight, this shows great reasoning for pitching him agaisnt one of the most exiting fighters in history, jose aldo. aldo would be faster than him and a better striker, however, its interesting to see how aldo would react to edgars powerful wrestling

jose aldo via ko round 3.

heavyweight bout

shane carwin vs roy nelson

i love seeing roy nelson get pwned, and he would get ktfod by carwin while unable to mount any grappling offense on the stronger wrestler.

winner, shane carwin KO round 2

heavyweight bout

gabriel gonzaga vs cheick kongo

this would be amazing, with kongos powerful and gonzags well round game, this would prove who truly is a contender and who truly is a gate keeper at the HW marker line. i also would be interested in frank mir versing the winner of gonzaga-shaub, it would be a good boost if he could win against a tough oppenant. (in dominant fashion).

winner-gabriel gonzaga via arm bar, round 1.

so concludes my work as joe silva, there are so many non ufc matchs i would love to make but this didnt seem like the time or place for it.

I personally cant look into the future when it comes matchmaking, i'm going to post things that are relevent now, not in a years time. Ive seen some good ideas from people but personally wars dont interest me. Il show you what does

MIddleweight bout

chael sonnen vs vitor belfort for no1 contendership. personall i believe vitor hasnt earned a title shot and chael hasnt earned a rematch, so this match would do the trick. Chaels wrestling is freakish but standing with vitor will get him KOd, quick, so if he can put vitor down early in the rounds, he could take this.

winner, Chael via UD

You'd have to more than just Joe Silva to make this fight happen as Sonnen has been suspended for a year due to testing positive for steroids after the Anderson Silva fight.

lightweight championship bout

jose aldo vs edgar

personally i find edgar boring, and he is a small lightweight, this shows great reasoning for pitching him agaisnt one of the most exiting fighters in history, jose aldo. aldo would be faster than him and a better striker, however, its interesting to see how aldo would react to edgars powerful wrestling

jose aldo via ko round 3.

I see where you're going with this and it sounds nice, but you need to think about a couple of things.

Jose Aldo has replaced Faber as the face of the WEC. Not to mention he's their Featherweight champ. If you book this fight and Aldo wins, you've effectively stagnated not only two divisions, but two different divisions in two different promotions.

Unless you were to ask Aldo to drop his featherweight title and move to LW (Which would be a really bad business move considering the reasons I listed above), this fight would make no sense from a business perspective.

Additionally, if you were going to ask him to fight in two different divisions in two different promotions, think about the toll that you're asking one of your youngest, most electrifying, and exciting fighters to place on his body. Weightcuts, travel, fights with larger opponents and then smaller opponents, this is a sure-fire way to cut short the career of, in my opinion, the most exciting and promising MMA fighters in the sport today.

Heavyweight bout: Shane Carwin vs Junior "Cigano" Dos Santos.

The tag line of "Don't blink" applies here as the two heavyweights with the heaviest hands in the division battle it out to determine who is the hardest hitter.I think it would be quite evenly matched as even if the fight did go to thr ground from Carwin's wrestling, JDS has Jiu Jitsu crudentials to back up his boxing.

Middleweight bout: Michael "The Count" Bisping vs Chael Sonnen

Could you imagine the ridiculous amount of trash talking done by both men to sell this fight?! They havn't even been signed to figth each other and they are still nipping at each other's heels. From Bisping criticising Sonnen's UFC 117 performance to Chael Sonnen's quote: "If Michael Bisping ever calls me out in public again I will bury him where he stands." Thats just the build up to the fight! The bad blood would ensure both men putting it all on the line and this is a fight I definitely want to see.

Lightweight bout: Sean "The Muscle Shark" Sherk vs Evan "3D" Dunham II

The first fight had question marks raised as to who actually won with most on lookers favouring Dunham whilst two of the three people who matter, the judges had Sherk down as the winner. A candidate for fight of the year in my opinion I would love to see Round 4 between these two guys and hopefully a "real" winner is determined.

Co-Main event
Lightheavyweight bout: Randy "The Natural" Couture vs Rich "Ace" Franklin

Two icons of the UFC battle it out with the winner earning a respective Lightheavyweight title shot. Randy Couture, a former lightheavyweight AND heavyweight champion takes on Rich Franklin, a former Middleweight champion. The last hoorah for one of these two men both nearing the end of their legendary careers.

Main event
Catchweight bout 180 lbs: George "Rush" St Pierre vs Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Why not? The best in the world at Welterweight fighting the best in the world at Middleweight. No titles just pride and it will finally put the "P4P" debate to rest.

Wanderlei Silva vs Chael Sonnen

This fight is a dream matchup of mine, especially after Wanderlei gave Chael a lesson about respect. Imagine the build up to this fight, the war of words, and the different dynamics between both of the fighters. They both have that aggressive in your face attitude style of fighting which i love and could really prove to a bout for the ages.

Jon Jones vs Ryan Bader 1# Contendership

This fight will inevitably happen but nonetheless. Two up and comers in the LW division. I would love to see the great grappling that these two would display as they are both amazing wrestlers. They are both top prospects, but i see Jon Jones winning solely on the fact of how unique and amazing his striking is, it will literally throw anybody off their game no doubt.

Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir III (Rubber Match/ HW Title On the line

This fight sells itself. Now they both have a win each, but Brock's second win was complete domination, but now Frank Mir has gotten way bigger in shape and i am strong believer that third time around these two go at it, it will be an instant classic.

Junious Dos Santos vs Shane Carwin

For the shear fact that this would end in a KTFO (Knocked The Fuck Out) for sure. This will be a slugfest nuff said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back