• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Yoshi!

Sasori

Pope of Dope
Yoshi Tatsu! Finally WWE has a legitimate asian dude on there roster, it makes me think that an asian like me actually has a chance to get in the WWE 8D! Anyways Yoshi Tatsu kinda impressed me with that kick it reminded me of Trish Stratus'es Chick Kick, and Tajiri's Buzz Saw kick. What are your thoughts on Yoshi Tatsu?

Don't really have any thoughts because he had just one kick on Shelton. He should be good because all the asian wrestlers who were in the WWE were short cruiser weights. But Yoshi is at an average height. I would like to see how he is as a wrestler, then i would judge him. But seriously, Yoshi needs a new theme. It sounds like a gay dance song

I love Yoshi's song, but like Mr. Standard here, I have to see how he is in the ring first. He's different, though, I'll give him that, and they gave him a win over Benjamin, which shows they like him. His problem is, if his English isn't good, he can't talk. But they could give him a translator, ala Khali.

Uh. I think that one kick he did was pretty sweet? Sorta silly to start a thread about a guy who did nothing but kick someone. No mic work, shit theme music, just a kick. Have to have some time before we decide anything about him.

helluva kick though. Innit.

If you go on YouTube and watch some of Yoshi's matches you will see he is an amazing talent. The only thing though is the english where he is lacking. This will obviously be his downfall because he will not be able to cut any promos for himself that will be taken seriously. But as posted before he could get a manager.

Um, to tell you the truth, Yoshi Tatsu is my least favorite of the superstars that ECW acquired from the Superstar Initiative. One kick that didn't even seem that athletic is not enough to me to like a person. He has to do a lot more than that for me to take him seriously.

Uh. I think that one kick he did was pretty sweet? Sorta silly to start a thread about a guy who did nothing but kick someone. No mic work, shit theme music, just a kick. Have to have some time before we decide anything about him.

helluva kick though. Innit.

Yet again, we agree. I loved the kick, maybe more than most because it knocked Shelton the fuck out, and ended his racist rant.

As far as everything else, it all screams jobber, and kicking Shleton won't change that. It gives him an instant fanbase, so when he is jobbing out to Kozlov next week, he'll have some people rooting for him, and making him a lovable face. He's there to replace Funaki it seems...

This was a classic match which one Shelton Benjamins side was halarious. All those japaneese or chinesse fighting stances he did before the match was histarical. I can watch this match over and iver and over agian, and it will never get boring.

Shelton should not have lost this match. He losses his ECW debut to what looks like Local Jobber #5.

Isn't Yoshi Tatsu the name of the guy who created nientendo?
He just gave him a kick to the head and that was it?
I have to say that part of the match disappionted me. Yoshi Does not seem like he is the new face of ECW so why would he have won the match?
I don't understand

SheltonBenjamin_Goldstandard_1280x1024.jpg

He'll go nowhere in WWE, that's my prediction. I'm basing this off every Japanese wrestler I've seen in WWE. Oh no wait, there was Mr. Fuji, but I remember him as a manager and not a wrestler. Shame this guy won't be given a manager to cut promos for him. I suppose he could bellow ''Bonzai'' at regular intervals.

If Tajiri never made it, this guy I've only just heard of haven't actually seen anything of won't either. Even TNA doesn't properly bother with the Japanese these days. If this guy raises above lower midcarder, I'll bend over backwards and eat my own ********.

I wouldn't call a win over Shelton Benjamin a show of faith from the WWE. Hell R- Truth just beat him clean a week ago. A victory over Shelton means about as much as a win over Jamie Noble. I have heard this dude is supposed to be good, but it's hard to tell yet. Still like him more than George Lincoln, or whoever that guy was.

He is Funaki dos. He'll probably start ok, but then be turned into a joke for a cheap laugh, pretty much what happens with any non-american/canadian talent in the WWE. It's a shame aswell because I have seen a few Yoshi matches, and he is quite talented, and given a manager, a good look and some decent music, he could be taken seriously. But i seriously doubt he will go far, the story is too familiar, a decent foreign wrestler comes to the WWE, starts out well, then gets given a horrible gimmick and becomes a joke and job (See Funaki, Tajiri, Wang Yang, Super Crazy, Khali, Psicosis, Juventud etc.)

You remember when I called you good, yet inconsistent in the bar room, Captain Charisma? This is that inconsistency thing right here.

Folks, the man threw one frickin kick. That's all. I could do it in the ring, and if the wrestler allows me to work real stiff, I could make it look impressive. It really did not leave much of an impression, let alone any impression on me.

I will say that Yoshi has an uphill battle, as Vince is not going to push someone to the main event scene, even in ECW, unless he can cut a decent promo. I'm not going to claim that I know anything about his work in NJPW, because honestly I have absolutely no idea who the guy is. But if the man can't cut a promo in English, he's already facing an uphill battle. Vince has a horrendous history of making the Asian wrestlers that come into his promotion as "Asian-American". By that, I mean the WWE attempts to cover the wrestler's shortcoming in promos by making him more of a comedy wrestler, and portraying the wrestler as someone who is desperately trying to acclimate himself to Western Culture. Need some evidence?

KaientaiPaper.jpg

011.jpg

jimmywangyang.jpg

Need I go on? I mean, I really could if I wanted to. By the way, I'd just like to say that I love that Kai-En-Tai picture. Indeed..... Well, indeed.

Anyway, as we've seen, Vince seems to have a thing for stereotypes. Santino Marella, Saba Simba, etc. But the one ethnicity that seems to get the short end of the stick is Asian wrestlers. Vince usually figures that he needs to create stereotypical characters to make up for the lack of interview skills.

If Yoshi's going to break through, he's going to have to have his work speak for itself. I remember, as a child, watching a wrestler by the name of Hakushi. The man simply went to the ring, went about his business, and kicked ass. And quite frankly.... It was extremely awesome. I liked Hakushi, and felt he could have been utilized more. If Yoshi is created as a similar character, a wrestler who speaks very little, and kicks ass, he could eventually rise to mid card fame.

However, let's be honest.... It was one fricking kick. Let's wait to watch a legitimate match before we anoint this man the future of ECW.

Well, after his 3rd match(maybe) I really like him. Him falling off the rope might hurt him some. But with his kicks he kinda reminds me of 1-2-3 kid. Now he only needs a kliq lol. Plus the crowd seemed pretty into him. I will have to hunt down his matches from outside the wwe.

He is boring, and has no chance of being a big name in the WWE ever. Thats just the facts. Right now I see him as someone who is just taking more air time from someone who may actually be relatively entertaining. Asian's will never go over in the WWE. Bruce Lee is the biggest name to come out of Asia ever outside of Yao Ming, and it will stay that way. Neither of those two men wrestled by the way. I mean that in no discriminatory way either. Look at the WWE's history, and you can see for yourself.

I really cant see him as a main eventer. He might win a couple of mid card belts and a couple of years he'll get released. I bet he can't speak english. And that botch on the top rope didn't help him out either. However, if Yoshi bulks up, then i could possibly see him doing pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back