Yesterday was memorial day

Milkyway!

Hodor!
And, we didn't give our resident WrestleZone armed forces guy (NorCal) a tribute. I know you have your own thread and all, but I'd personally like to thank you for your services to America, and the world. Sorry I'm a day late. My mamaw's been in the hospital, and it just completely slipped my mind. Happy memorial day, and thank you very much. ^_^ Hope to be half the man you are one day, takes a lot of guts to do what you do.

I know, but sometimes a little gratitude is awesome to have no? You guys are looked over quite a bit, on the "Jobs we need really bad" scale, and without you guys our country really would be nothing. So, in many ways. You deserve the thanks, even if you don't want it.

:lmao: Milk's classic way of kissing major ass, directly after making quite possibly the jackass quote of the night.

It's okay though - I spent the entire day saying "Happy Holiday" to everyone, only for an elderly lady to come up and correct me with the following..

"You do realize this isn't exactly a holiday in which we're meant to be happy, right? It's mainly to remember our fallen soldiers, and loved ones who died in the war - so it's not really a happy time."

My reply was.. "Well, have a somber Holiday then?"

I GET what the Holiday is for.. but I say "Happy Holiday" because 90% of anyone doing anything yesterday just looked at it as a day they got off from work, or school. Outside of a few selective individuals who've lost loved ones.. everyone was pretty much happy to have the day give them a free pass.

:lmao: Milk's classic way of kissing major ass, directly after making quite possibly the jackass quote of the night.

It's okay though - I spent the entire day saying "Happy Holiday" to everyone, only for an elderly lady to come up and correct me with the following..

"You do realize this isn't exactly a holiday in which we're meant to be happy, right? It's mainly to remember our fallen soldiers, and loved ones who died in the war - so it's not really a happy time."

My reply was.. "Well, have a somber Holiday then?"

I GET what the Holiday is for.. but I say "Happy Holiday" because 90% of anyone doing anything yesterday just looked at it as a day they got off from work, or school. Outside of a few selective individuals who've lost loved ones.. everyone was pretty much happy to have the day give them a free pass.

Twas a bit of both. Kissing up to make up for that. And I had really planned on doing this anyways, Just was at the hospital all day. I admit. That was the cause to make me remember this thread though!

Really, I look at it this way.

on one hand, yea, you should absolutely know what the holiday is for, pay respect, and be thankfull.

on the other, the reason all them boys did what they did, and why I do what I do, is so people in America, and the world over, may be free TO celebrate, relax, and enjoy good times with family and friends. To be happy, to enjoy The American Dream. So, please do galavant.

I'm planning on going into the Navy myself. I want to work on a titan, but I hear you have to be a seal to do that. My reasons are a bit crossed up as to why, basically I need the money after all the screwing around I did in school, and its my only chance to build up a good foundation for my plans in life. I'm mainly doing it for me, but yes, I have to admit the people you're protecting and knowing you're just making a diffrence with something would seem to be worth it as well.

I can understand that. Belive me though, if your ever involved with rescuing people, or helping in a disaster, your motivations will likely change. there is no feeling like that of making a difference

Hmm. Can't say that I've ever done either of the two. I have a friend whos in the rescue squad. I asked him once, if you were on call during 9/11 would you have went? His answer was yes, even if he didn't save anyone, the one rock he moved to help clear the path to hopefully save someone, and died in the process. It'd be worth it to him. Thats what I want to be someday. Someone in it for others, not myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back