y2j or current chris jericho gimmick:which is better?

PLEASE STOP POSTING THESE STUPID THREADS IN THE NON-SPAM SECTIONS!!

Unless your threads are going to be of some thought-provoking discussion (besides threads like "What do you like better, (A) or (B)"), do not post them in non-spam zones!!!

Current Jericho hands down. Granted he had some funny one-liners in 2000, particularly his feuds with Triple H, Benoit and Angle, but after that his character got pretty boring to me, sure he was good in the ring, but his character now is far more compelling. His promos are better because of how well thought out they are. He has mastered ring psychology to the point he doesn't actually do many moves but still manages to put on some of the best matches in the WWE. He's also mastered the art of crowd control. Audiences hang on his every word to a degree CM Punk would like to emulate. Punk's promos are just as good, but he doesn't suck the audience in as well as Jericho.

I think one of the best parts of Jericho's current character is that it is somewhat based in truth. He rarely makes ridiculous claims as heels and faces alike are prone to do. It all started with Shawn Michaels and the fake fake injury, and Jericho was telling the truth in every word that he said. He tells it like it is and he demonstrates his intelligence with every promo and every match.

Y2J was nothing but a party boy with a fancy moveset in comparison to the mature and sophisticated Chris Jericho of today. To me this isn't even a contest.

While I must admit I absolutely loved the Y2J gimmick, both the face and heel character, who could easily get you to laugh (both as heel and face really) I'm gonna have to go ahead and say the Chris Jericho gimmick, the current one.

Why ? simple, Jericho has been putting on some of the best stuff in his career (if you ask me) in this heel run, he's wrestled great matches, won world titles, tag team titles and Intercontinental championships.
The promos Chris has been putting on throughout this heel run has been absolutely amazing, while you could argue he's saying everything over and over again, he finds a way to variate it while still putting forth the same message.
His current mic work is by far superior to the Y2J mic work, simply because he's slowed down, gotten more of a mean-streak and gets booed fairly well because of it, as opposed to the Y2J gimmick that would have people cheering for him even if he was a face.
He said it himself, the current gimmick as a heel is better because he's actually getting hatred as opposed to cheered, and he thinks it's his best work too.

And most importantly, he's putting over talent incredibly well as of late if you ask me, loosing matches yes, but he's doing it without loosing credibility, his current character serves him perfectly

Current Chris Jericho gimmick. 'Nuff said.

(gotta love the SPAM zones... no explanation needed)

While I must admit I absolutely loved the Y2J gimmick, both the face and heel character, who could easily get you to laugh (both as heel and face really) I'm gonna have to go ahead and say the Chris Jericho gimmick, the current one.

Why ? simple, Jericho has been putting on some of the best stuff in his career (if you ask me) in this heel run, he's wrestled great matches, won world titles, tag team titles and Intercontinental championships.
The promos Chris has been putting on throughout this heel run has been absolutely amazing, while you could argue he's saying everything over and over again, he finds a way to variate it while still putting forth the same message.
His current mic work is by far superior to the Y2J mic work, simply because he's slowed down, gotten more of a mean-streak and gets booed fairly well because of it, as opposed to the Y2J gimmick that would have people cheering for him even if he was a face.
He said it himself, the current gimmick as a heel is better because he's actually getting hatred as opposed to cheered, and he thinks it's his best work too.

And most importantly, he's putting over talent incredibly well as of late if you ask me, loosing matches yes, but he's doing it without loosing credibility, his current character serves him perfectly

This ^^^!

Current Chris Jericho gimmick. 'Nuff said.

(gotta love the SPAM zones... no explanation needed)

Noo D-man, why would you.. I really need to pay attention to when posts gets moved to Spam section, I spend time posting that so I could get a proper post-count non spam out of it :(

Current Chris Jericho gave me my first glimpse of Wade Barrett's greatness, so out of gratitude I vote for that.

His heel promos rock too.

Everything Chris Jericho has done has been awesome but I would have to go with the current Chris Jericho of today.

I seem to recall Chris Jericho losing quite frequently in the year and a bit leading up to his departure in 2005. Maybe it was because his Y2J character was getting stale, I don't know.

Current Chris Jericho has had the Intercontinental Championship, Unified Tag Team Championships and gained 3 World Heavyweight Championship reigns in the last 2 and a half years which is a pretty amazing run and back to back WrestleMania wins. Despite him having a fairly good track record his character is great. He's the heel people actually boo for. He's very convincing aswell that that is who he is and despite being a serious heel, he does have his funny moments like when he's on commentary on NXT or yelling at the NXT commentators etc. This current Chris Jericho has the whole package in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back